How do you know you actually need a rest day versus just being a lil bitch? Is cns fatigue real...

How do you know you actually need a rest day versus just being a lil bitch? Is cns fatigue real? Tried to squat today and just couldnt get psyched up like usual and the weight felt 50 lbs too heavy

rest day is very important. I used to give each muscle group 1 day of rest because I didnt have doms so I thought why wait to work out again.
recently started giving 2 days rest minimum and lifts are going up a lot faster.

What you guys SHOULD be doing on your non-training days is some light running, or ride a bike for an hour or so, followed by at least 15 minutes of stretching and perhaps using a foam roller, or some massage. Warms up your muscles and increases circulation, moving waste products out of them and moving fresh oxygen and nutrients into them, improving and speeding recovery, and stretching/foam rolling to improve flexibility. Eat some extra to cover the energy expenditure. Only lazy guys will find excuses not to do this.

Whats your program look like?

Running is not a rest day. Rest day means rest, everything. I agree with working in cardio and foam rolling but lifting say 4 days a week and doing cardio on the other 3 is gonna burn you the fuck out. Ive tried it

program properly and eat properly and then you'll know.

Don't just do random shit or go by how you feel

I did not say "Do HIIT" or "Run a marathon" or even "run FAST", I said "Do light cardio". You sound like you think I don't do ANYthing, which is nonsense, I've been doing this sort of thing for years and have seen the benefit of it. Keeping your body moving one way or another every single day is how you build real fitness, not just 3 days a week. That's what most of you guys don't seem to understand.

>just couldn't get psyched up

You need that first sip

>having rest days randomly
>not having a tight schedule
kill yourself my man

push pull legs rest. used to be push pull/legs push pull/legs push pull/legs rest.

I did senpai

I have 2 sips a day thanks to the constant shilling on here. Maybe I need to up it to f-four sips right guys? Cmon

Checked

Rest days are supplement company memes to hold you back and use more of their products. Dancers train 10-12 hours a day everyday and theyre fine.

checked, 4 sips it is

>bottoms up, and the devil laughs

Triple six sips

Muscles work like this:

>destroy wall
>wall rebuilds itself stronger over time
>destroy again
>builds back stronger

Cutting rest days means you don't wait for your muscles to get stronger before tearing it down again.

The actual time may vary. I find 1 day is enough for me.

I miss doms badly. I have zero doms left. Trained 2 years roughly. Doms are completely inexistent. Even when I start new stuff, they're present once or twice. Major doms for pullups the first time, then the second time almost nothing, and absolutely nothing ever after.

I liked doms, made me feel like I did real work. Now I can only guess.

>I dont understand how inflammation response works: the post.

>cardio

How did she even come up with that. Like what caused her to think the devil laughs at every sip

I get DOMS on a weekly basis and have been lifting for 2 years. You should never do the same thing twice a week. I do a /bro/split/ so I'm constantly changing everything up