/plg/

/plg/

Powerlifting general

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XxGpbHEyEVk
m.reddit.com/r/powerlifting/comments/5an763/what_is_considered_a_good_wilks_score/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

My squats improved after I worked on mobility.

Who knew.

Your bf

>Powerlifting general
no thanks

youtube.com/watch?v=XxGpbHEyEVk

How was frank so strong for 148lbs? I mean he had shitty form but still

Yes, the second lower day. Idk how I did it, but I got 270x10 and then did the 10x3 EMOM after. Feel like I'm gonna pass out

Somehow it was more manageable than it felt, but I'm still probably gonna pass out

>Following Candito programs

Reminder he snapped his shit up doing his own program.

thats not very strong
i dont think youve been here long enough

m.reddit.com/r/powerlifting/comments/5an763/what_is_considered_a_good_wilks_score/
Inb4 >reddit

He also has the IQ of a tree lol

nigga he was 148lbs pulling 500 like a hyena

oh Sean please bless this post with dubs

impressive

>148lbs pulling 500
yeah this is a powerlifting thread, why would you pick him out

Praying to Sean for dubs never fails

Veeky Forums just aint what it use to be

Wow trips again using Sean's name
Maybe you are right, as a test, Sean bless this post with repeating digits

>Veeky Forums
WEAK FROGS OUT
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

sean gettt

oh wow you guys dont even look at the catalog, you just click straight for /plg/ as if it were it's own sub-forum

...times are changin

I literally do this now

>only got 245x7 on bench amrap
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

wow his form was awful

some pretty impressive stuff in there though

Intmed? Damn. Bad sleep/eating?

Partially. The other part was the squatting I did prior exhausted the hell out of me.

Just bench before squatting, or at least take a longer break/warmup

You'll get 9 next week, for sure

Of course, Veeky Forums is fucking shit for weak retards.

It's like how I never do anything on /int/ except post in my country thread.

Guys where is the /owg/?

It'll get easier next week. Today was the hardest squat day, and the rest seems pretty easy, relatively speaking.

ded sporrt

Good luck man

Did a squat PR today, 320x5, to depth :)

Wew, just got 210 paused bench for 5x3. Sets started around @8 and ended @9ish.

I got Haack to spot me some so I made sure to try hard.

Both times I ran C6W I ended up getting all 10 reps on both week 2 days. It was always hard as fuck though. Good job finishing it.

Jelly. Hopefully I'll get there in another cycle or so.

Thanks senpai. The ride never ends though. Doing deadlift variation right now kek. Then weighted chins, rows, LTEs, pec flyes, and curls

What why? I just got interested in oly training.

>I got Haack to spot me some
did he laugh again?

It's not a dead sport it's in the olympics ffs

Jelly of your bench man. Probably gonna take me a year or so to get there

Joey Joey Joey..

How much were you hoping to get? You keep max the same for next week @ 7 reps, correct?

No, he just told me my right arm was tucking a bit more at the bottom, but that it's not a huge problem.

Yeah, but you increase it at 8+

>recorded my squat for the first time in months
>depth was questionable
THIS IS NOT GOOD

>tfw you missed the story of twink getting bullied by Haack
I remember the first time Alex brought it up, but I must have gone to bed before it was actually told

Was hoping for 8/9. I'll keep the same max for next week, no big deal.

Actually supposes to be 9+, the spreadsheet is wrong

Why did Haack laugh at you

>Recorded my first squat
>Depth is deep but dat lumbar flexion tho

Don't know how to stop as well.

Hey Alex can you post your binch program, cant remember what the percentages were.

isn't it only at >8?

iktf. When I recorded my squats and saw that I didn't even hit parallel it really pushed my ass to go DEEEEP on the next attempt.

Paused squats at correct depth helped me out a bit also

>but that it's not a huge problem.
>>Hey bro, your right arms tucking just a tad, no big deal though

I believe so, if we're looking at Int Med

My mistake lol

What do you guys do when you're almost certain you'll platau? I'm doing SS and I'm meant to be squatting 95kg 5x5 but I felt like I was about to be taken my Satan last time I did 5x5 at 92.5kg.

I also can't see how this linear progression could possibly continue, I'm getting more tired each week yet I'm adding weight on all exercises, doesn't seem like it can go or for much longer

looks good to me

this actually doesn't explain what to do if you get 8 though.

After deloading, switch to 3x5. Progress, but don't allow yourself to ingrain bad movement patterns (I.e. valgus, squat mornings, etc).

Then switch to a weekly LP like 28 free memes

I recommend 3x beginner squat, 3x beg bench, 1x deadlift

>ss
>5x5

Happened to me too. I had to deload a LOT and work back up. I deloaded on every exercise 3 times before I switched my programming and incorporated micro plates for bench/OHP cause I'm a GDE,

LP never got easier for me after a point, EVERY day was a grind with every set of squats, bench, deads and OHP being RPE 9001

juuuuuust a sliiiight tucking issue on that right arm, dont fret about it though bro, no biggie

eat more

It's a typo, if you look at the supplemental PDF, it says that amraps at 80% have a 9 rep minimum to progress.

Also as said

Switch to 3x5

Source? Burden of proof is on you, mah dood

have you considered actually reading the book

>lower the volume while maintaining the same intensity to drive up progress

That doesn't sound too smart

otherwise textbook, nothing wrong with that.

Now twink, I know you're still here, tell me the story about when John Haack bullied your deadlift.

believe he was demoing his 9 week squat program
but nearly any successful powerlifter who gets injured did it on his own programming

lmao is this real

why would he post that

"strong" alex posted that to make fun of his inferior counterpart

It works well desu. It's not like I'm telling him to switch to 3x3, which is pants on head retarded. 5x5 for an extended period of time with 3x frequency is gonna get you to stall hard and fast. 3x5 is much more manageable.

Can you explain why? Might be the other reason my lifts have stalled

the way that arm buckles is actually kinda scary lad Tbh
these are probably the type of guys that complain about the spotter touching the bar
i would have likely grabbed that bar before alex

Everything about this webm is golden
his fucking face
his arms shifting on the fuck bar itself
the fact that it keeps getting worse and worse
and to top it off, i can just picture Alex the spotter going "yep bro, good bro, real good, yep almost got it, keep going, almost got it, dont give up now, nice bro"

brighten up you soft cunt

No way anyone's going to get seriously injured benching two (2) plates.

>but nearly any successful powerlifter who gets injured did it on his own programming
So do all the idiots who are on their own routines. I love candito but his smolov-esque routine was a recipe for disaster

>390 iq
>still can't figure out how to bench properly

>i would have likely grabbed that bar before alex
"yep bro, good bro, real good, yep almost got it, keep going, almost got it, dont give up now, nice bro"

kek

400-440 Wilks is good

>tfw you'll never be spotted by a world champ

people injure their shoulders without working out
its entire possible he could injure himself

I'd imagine 5x5 is just too much volume to consistently drive LP after a certain point. When you're noob gains have run out and every set is actually difficult, doing 5 sets of them + 5lbs every day is going to make you stall out super fast. If he starts missing reps on 4th and 5th sets that would be another indicator.

Of course, cycling down to 3x5 isn't going to make him make noob-tier gains again but it will let him drive out his LP a bit furthur since now he only needs to hit 3 sets as opposed to 5 to increase the weight. It's just a lot more manageable.

She's gonna cuck him so bad KEK

Sorry I'm also retarded as fuck, I mean SL, fuck. Too many acronyms and shit.

I'm on week 9 or so of Medhi's SL5x5.
Also, what's the general consensus for row to Bench ratio? I'm benching 70kg but my bent over row is at 75kg

He knows what he's doing his intellect is far superior to us, that webm was where he was purposely benching on one side to strengthen the joints in his shoulder or otherwise spot targeting his weakness

What looks like bad form to us is completely intentional and beyond our comprehension

PRd by 20 pounds and then PRd by another 30 pounds for 50 total

Going to do the 325 working for intensity day, and probably save more PRing for next week

I thought it was gonna take me the whole year to hit 4pl8 but I think I can go for 5 or 6.

Switching to weekly LP seems smarter in the long run, rather than lowering the volume, at least to me

Maybe I'm wrong though. IMO, 5x3 seems smarter than 3x5. More volume (more weight used), and higher intensity

>gonna

Hmm.. this fine young chap seems to have no problems taking pictures

T-this was 8 weeks ago. It looks a good bit better now. Alex said my bench looks a lot like Ben Rice's.

He didn't really bully me. One time I was benching with Alex spotting me and Haack was at the bench next to us. I was doing serious baby weight (180 lbs) for triples. After the first one I asked Alex if it looked smooth and Haack said "As smooth as the peanut butter I put on my pb&j sandwiches" while smirking.

Also I was setting up my phone to video a 440 deadlift attempt back in July and he walked over and offered to video it. I missed it and he just smiled and said my ass came up too quickly.

Also once I was putting a barbell back to the rack on the wall and tripped and almost dropped it and he laughed and said "whoa, careful"

Monday: 5x10 55%
Tuesday: 5x8 60%
Thursday: 5x5 70%
Saturday: 5x3 80%

Add 5 lbs to each day each week. I just finished week 7.

Also do a shitton of upper bodybuilding stuff at a lowish RPE on T/R/Sat

This, that 395 IQ put to good use once again

>As smooth as the peanut butter I put on my pb&j sandwiche

why does he reference that all the time

literally when shown a screenshot of isley talking about haack; haack snapchatted it and wrote "all this jelly and no peanutbutter" or something like that

>sitting in mall. kind of zone out looking at a girl. her friend sees me and says something to her. I lip read that the girl I was looking at said "Where?"

the friend must have told her that a cute guy was looking at her so the girl i was looking at must have wanted to see me

>Also I was setting up my phone to video a 440 deadlift attempt back in July and he walked over and offered to video it. I missed it and he just smiled and said my ass came up too quickly.
fucking savage Tbh, you were just too autismo to get it, despite having a 398 IQ.

Reminder Lith literally did sheiko for bench as a novice

Lets point and laugh

HAHAHAHAHA

he just likes pb&j, ok? don't judge man

Wait Nevermind now I remember what he said he said "can I get some peanut butter with that jelly"

okay haack

Am I growing?

>Letting Jamal pound your Gf while while you watch, though later being passive aggressive and only being able to take out frustration is by act like you don't care on your gfs IG page

I just want to say something
I gave up on powerlifting and cut my bodyfat until my jawline was defined as it's ever been and let me tell ya
Best decision I've ever made. The women can't keep themselves off me and my body looks like a statue. QoL has literally noticeably improved and I no longer leave the gym depressed because of how weak I am
If you're a useless weak fuck that has been training for years and is still weak, just start training because it's fun and get yourself lean

Can I get this in English please