The meme is over

The meme is over.

I have been a vegan for two years, and can't stand the cost and the lack of significant gains.

I am going to make the move to chicken, brown rice, spinach and canned tomatoes.

How much should I be looking to spend on a given week including supplements?

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_vegetarianism#Practice
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cost? What about beans and rice is expensive? Unless you're referring to pea protein, which is disgusting and pricey as fuck.

If you want to stay vegetarian at least, all the gains you want can be had with dairy protein and eggs. Don't need meat, it's just convenient and tasty.

>can't stand the cost and the lack of significant gains
that's on you, not the diet

Why the FUCK did you expect significant gains on a vegan diet anyway? I'm sure it's possible but it's a fuckload harder than just eating normie food

But think about the poot animals!

I remain baffled at you dyel cunts with your fucking rice. You know who lives on rice? The most dyel race of all, Asians. Carbs are not an essential food group, brotons and fat are. Eat those fucking egg yolks for gainz, or remain a fuckboy forever.

>be me
>freshman in college
>not be roommate, mall goth short haired punk hot topic grill
>she and her boyfriend go vegan
>few months in
>ask her how it's going
>has a bf back home
>tells me it's going great
>boyfriend's body completely changed
>he's not as veiny anymore
>he's gone very soft like a grill
>roommate loves her numan
>mfw I like my men hard
>mfw we will never fight over a dude

Richard?

Welcome back to the Land of Light, Truth, Rational Thought, Common Sense, and GAINS, my friend!

LOL, fag. The chronic amino acid deficiency has done it's work on your cognitive processes hasn't it? You can't even think straight anymore! Go eat a nice medium-rare steak a couple times a week, you'll recover and realize how silly you've been.

The amount of food I'd need for significant growth is outstanding, thus inappropriate to my cause.

Contrary to popular belief, you need variety in your diet. Sticking to strictly "beans and rice" is tricky, as it causes bloating, and both are unbalanced with significant carbs over small amounts of protein for the amount of food ingested.
I have been eating lentils, beans, tofu, spinach, peanuts, as well as various grains to diversify my diet.
However, that is an interesting alternative with the eggs and dairy gimmick, I had not considered that option.
Would it be necessary to my cause, regulatory and overall advised to have a strictly egg and milk-based nutritional diet looking for gains? Not neglecting various greens and vitamin-rich sources.

Go pescetarian faggot. Literally the best diet.

>PITTSBURGH

That's a great question. It started with the vegetarian meme, and shortly thereafter I wanted to see if I had the willpower and determination to remove all meat sources and their derivatives as well.
Specifically, I got into the vegetable diet because of the health benefits and I knew it could cut some bone into my face, make me more lean, and seem more desirable.

Food affecting growth? Lel, I think I agree with the fasting guy. 6' here and between two poor divorced parents I had to scrounge for food. Goin to good banks and soup kitchens or collecting cans from apartment buildings when my dad fell into bad habits and stayed home.

Jesus Christ man, are you completely consumed with the details?
Use your fucking head for once in your life.
Growth, as in muscle growth, and gains.
Why the fuck would anyone be concerned with height?
Are you meming me, what is this?
My point still stands on the matter of significant muscle growth on a purely vegan diet.
It's excessive and unnecessary, not to mention pricey and filled with an overabundance of carbs packed into a small amount of protein.
A vegan diet is fine for women, nu-males, hippies and people who are stupid and rich enough to blow away their money.

Be vegetarian, not a vegan my friend.
You still have any kind of natural protein out there.

Unless he lives on the coast it definitely does not fulfill the low price goal due to modest calorie density and high cost by weight.

Go vegetarian or pescatarian, but add eggs and whey protein under all circumstances. Seriously, it's that fucking easy. They're two indispensable sources of nutrition at hilariously low $/gm.

> he wasted 2 years and countless dollars
Veganism isn't your problem, it's the fact that you're a fucking idiot.

>thinks I'm the idiot
>eats processed garbage
Fucking meming at its finest, my friend.

You didn't deny you're an idiot, so at least you know. The first step to fixing a problem is admitting there is one.

Why do I need to refute the claim of an obviously misinformed individual?

You're just a fucking low-test cuck.
The only idiot here is you, friendo, you projecting piece of meme garbage.

>Carbs are not an essential food group, brotons and fat are.

If you want to use stupid logic, only certain amino acids are essential and only a small amount per day, and only omega-3 and omega-6 fats are essential and their needs are met at under 10g a day between them.

Stop flirting with me, user, I'm blushing

that's because you're a fag, you ironic fucking deterministic whore.

You're trying to use reverse psychology to trick me into letting you throatfuck yourself with my cock, but it's not gonna work

Stop reading your phallic wet dreams you fucking liberal scum.

>eating soy

Enjoy your bitch tits

A vegan is not fine for women. Carbs are even worse for women than for men. Fatty tissue disregulates hormones. It's because grills are taught that hoovering cupcakes is "cute" that we have a hambeasts with PCOS ("muh genetics" that suddenly changed since the eighties) epidemic.

It's possible. However, women like sweets because it's a mood stabilizer and satiates particular carnal cravings, however, confectioneries (like cupcakes) have a particular market because women have a propensity for "cute" things that take their mind off their relatively meaningless lives.

>carbs = cupcakes

Why do you not worry about the estrogens found in cow milk?

That has to do more with caloric intake than it does the fact they're eating carbs.

this doesn't need to be a thread

If there's a lack of gains it's cuz you're not in a caloric surplus you stupid fuck

Nah m8 "Soybean isoflavone exposure does not have feminizing effects on men"
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/20378106

Estrogen in milk:
After the intake of cow milk, serum estrone (E1) and progesterone concentrations significantly increased, and serum luteinizing hormone, follicle-stimulating hormone and testosterone significantly decreased in men.
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19496976

> mfw every vegan I have come across are upper middle class young adults in thier early to 20s.

What gives?

>I got into the vegetable diet because of the health benefits
The health benefits are weakness, cowardice, and not making it.

The lack of real problems in their lives (or any meaning) makes them very succeptable to the Veganism death cult.
On the surface the idea looks solid, after all who doesn't want to end "animal abuse" and "ammoral, needless killing"?

And here's the catch
Due not having any significance in real life they desperately cling to what looks on the surface like a noble cause, thinking that they make a difference and help make the world a better place.
And exactly because of it anybody who dares to speak out against it is labeled "Bad" and "Immoral", and he "Doesn't care about animals". Any positive arguments for it usually revolve around feelings.
Opponents and dissidents are mostly shamed into submission with a combination of the before mentioned bad words, the favorite being "Immoral" as if they know what morality means, while solidifying the good guys outlook of veganism. And this is EXTREMELY effective, because most of the youth of today are woufully unprepared to recognise and deflect shame beased subversion attacks, leaveing them defenceless.
But the worst is, that the whole charade just exists to gain social power and doesn't even work toward the goal that it claims, "helping animals"
Example:
> Sarah Johnes, a 23 year old college student, never had any real rough pathces in her life. Her parents payed for everything and generally supported her, and the most memorable day of the week is Friday, when whe goes out with the girls. Suddenly she is introduced to a new female friend. That friend then starts talking about how she is leading a noble fight for animal rights and agains the evils of big corporations, by not eating animal products. She repeatedly states how noble, good and righteous that is.
Sarah, not knowing anything, takes her words for granted and gradually over the next months start being influenced, slowly becoming a progressivly more involved member of the Cult.
And THEN Sarah turns whoever is fucking her, spreading the problem further.

stop falling for obvious stupidity

you want gains, you eat big and you eat meat

you want to be a girly numale, go ahead and go vegan

there's no science needed in common sense, every one can see the difference between vegans and normal people. why would you do that to yourself?

veganism is a meme, nothing more, stop falling for stupid advice from stupid dyels

>Don't need meat, it's just convenient and tasty.

I could say the same for lots of foods, bad argument.

I've noticed people like this. If you strip away all the "causes" they bleat on about they have absolutely no personality. Basically NPC people. I talked to one for a half hour at halloween and couldn't get a straight answer on things they enjoyed.

Brown rice is shit tier, anyway. No significant source of protein, micronutrients or phytonutrients, accumulates arsenic more than any other plant... It's a poverty staple.
Whole wheat, lentils, buckwheat are comparable in price and much more rich in every single thing.

What the fuck are you two talking about?
What sort of imaginary problems and enemies is your mind making up?
I do eat meat btw.

tl.dr.
Vegans are looking for a problems where none exist, making up a grand cause to support (helping animals), so their life has meaning. Everyone that goesn't agree with them threathen their newly created self-wroth and are seen as an enemy.

dubs of truth
I live in huehueland and poor people eat rice and beans for every single meal (not even complaining, I love rice and beans) and they look like malnourished skellingtons or pot-bellied old ladies.

On the other hand, people that eat lots of meat (with the rice and beans even) look just as full as any regular northern hemisphere western.

It all comes down to animal protein and fat, in my opinion. If you're not eating like the apex predator, your body won't be top of the chain.

Have actually gained about 6-7 lbs of what looks to be mostly lean mass being a vegan for the past 2-3 months or so. Just making sure I get enough calories in and am getting all my macros and micros in.

Honestly it's not expensive at all. My digestion has also gotten better, I take 2-3 big shits a day. Don't feel like I'm missing out on anything.

That pic. Fuckin saved

They have the security to make specific life choices.

nigger lentils are 25% protein, no need to eat processed foods, even as a vegantard

all of that, plus it turns people into leftwing voters.

>there's no science needed in common sense, every one can see the difference between vegans and normal people. why would you do that to yourself?

The average meat eater is morbidly obese, alcoholic, has tons of medical problems and vitamin/mineral deficiencies. You're trying to compare the best meat eaters you see to the worst vegans you see. There's many unhealthy vegans, but there's many more unhealthy meat eaters. It's down to the individual person's diet and lifestyle.

That's because almost everyone on the planet isn't a vegan. You're intentionally misrepresenting reality to try to give your cult support.

>You're intentionally misrepresenting reality

That's what you're doing. Trying to use the most fit meat eaters to represent all meat eaters and the least fit vegans to represent all vegans, when the reality is that both sides have plenty of good and bad, and it has more to do with what the individual actually eats and how they live.

I've been vegan for a year now, lost zero gains got more lean and vasculair

>pls learn to eat

Canned tomatoes ?

Tomato puree with tomato juice. I throw in some spices and heat it up on the stove and use it as a sauce to go over the shit, so it isn't bland.

yep spot on. It is just a manifestation of slave morality. great post

speaking of supplements, whats the go with vitamin D?

anyway notice decent side effects ?

IsnĀ“t there a fuckton of sugar in it though ?

so much broscience in this thread

Natural sugar? Its not high fructose so i wouldnt worry. Just watch out for salt.

In terms of being a vegan, how would you get your essential amino acids. I know you have to spread it out across a ton of food but is there a chart to see how much you should get per day and where each acid comes from (source)

>being vegan

No, you're just projecting your butt hurt onto me. I never did either of those things, I just called you out on your BS.

Post body.

Depends on the brand, I get the kind without the added sugar. What naturally occurs shouldn't be an issue.

You gotta eat beans and rice. Legumes mixed with a grain supply more than the necessary amino acids.

So like one bowl of rice and beans and i will be good?

For the day i mean?

I usually try to get a 1:1 ratio on beans plus rice, however quinoa has more protein and less carbs than rice. Again, you need certain fats in your diet, as well vitamins (including iron and others). I typically snack on peanuts throughout the day to fill the void on fats. Not to mention you need leafy greens as well.
You gotta do the math, you typically need 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight if you're an active lifter.

i know about how much food i should eat with considerstion of protein

I actually meant how would i know if i got my daily requirement of essential amino acids? Or do you have to just keep eating complete proteins to get the most out of your gains? I eat a cup of egg whites/day but im not sure if that covers it.

From my understanding, meat and eggs have a complete string of amino acids.
Beans need to be accompanied by a grain to be a complete chain.
As far as how much beans and rice, I have no idea.

Yeah I noticed that too, your post comes eerily close to a classmate of mine. especially with the cultish undertone.

I suggested that she just become a devout Jain, but then went on to say something about religion being bad and doesn't see herself ascribing to a faith.

Like literally Jainism is THE religion of peace, The more extremist the less they bother you.

They will walk with their head down so they dont tread on insects. They wont eat root vegetables for the risk harming a worm or something.
They wont eat at night because the lights attract insects, or do they eat food more than a day old because of the chance of more microorganisms.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jain_vegetarianism#Practice

>"Oh but they're not vegans"

Im starting to think its almost like a fashion accessory.

Wait so you haven't actually pointed out what is wrong about the claim that eating meat is immoral. I personally wouldn't say that, but the process of obtaining the meat, and factory farming in general is certainly immoral. Bad for the environment and extremely sociopathic

Not the person youre responding to.

People have trouble coming to the fact that some animals are bred for slaughter for our convinience.
We've been doing it ever since the inception of agriculture.

Humans have gotten lazy, we no longer have to hunt animals. With that have slowly lost respect that you have to take life to feed yourself, and for the large part meat is hard to come by without application of skill.

Dont like factory farming? Buy local and improve industry conditions.
Almost all of the reported cases of excessice cruelty come from substandard abbotoirs with minimum wage workers. Vote with your dollar.

Better still, hunt the food yourself it will make you healthier in the process

You didn't answer him though. You just said that it happens, not why it isn't immoral.

Why would you eat rice and not replace it with whole wheat, lentils or buckwheat? All of those have higher protein content, phytonutrient and microelement density.

>2016
>doing a meme diet
>from America
>the fattest country in the history of mankind
One born every minute.

Again, for those who are not paying attention--if you're adhering to a vegan diet, you need a complete protein in order to survive. Mixing beans and rice is the complete bare minimum for survival. However, I agree; diversity is key. Although, rice is cheaper than most other grains, and lentils tend to be the most expensive legume around.

ITT not one non hypocritical justification to needlessly kill

>hurr durr i cant make le gains even tho every nutrient is available to me as a vegan and more often at cheaper costs.

>a philisophical position against needless killing which extends to diet
>meme

When will this meme end

You're fucking delusional, ironic, or both. Either way, you're a faggot. You don't understand basic nutrition; most of what vegans CAN eat are carb-rich foods or deficient in protein in smaller quantities, so either an individual is getting excessive amounts of carbohydrates, or too little protein.

>vegan not even once

>le you dont need anything but plants meme

try forcing a baby on vegan diet and see what happens

youre not meant to leave purely by plants you are not a herbivore

vegans are degenerate

Wtf, yeah get writing to the WHO, BHF, ADA etc they are all wrong.

Protein, carbs, fats, vits and mins all found within a well planned vegan diet. Youjust cannot get away with this claim anymore...its not the 80's

Even if you sat down and ate that much broccoli and/or sprouts, it's not a complete protein. Even so, perpetuating that sort of diet would be incredibly expensive.

I cant eat more food waaah you have to kill a cow for meeeeyes it is safe. Ada etc all state this...

>people only eat one food

Fucking hell Veeky Forums

>being this much of a pompous retard
I never discounted or put down the possibility of being a vegan. I have been one for over 2 years. But, it's just not feasible to manage a healthy, substantial and gainful diet when you're trying to build muscle and train.
Your fucking anti-conservatism bullshit isn't gonna work, brother.

That's not the implication you flaming retard.

It's not feasible for someone to sit around and eat all of that bullshit all day (including all the grains you'd need to complete the amino acid chains). You'd need free time, disposable income and the air-headed nature to attempt it.

>what are hemp seeds
>what is tofu (ib4 estro, mammals are WAY worse)
>what are vegan protein powders

thats not the argument, the argument was that he needed meat so the other guy said he doesnt.

Are you insane...its not even that much food.

Why are you going on that you think you need to eat barrels of rice?

Also you can just get vegan mock meats with better macros...

You are outdated.

Except it isnt hard at all...i have no idea whats so hard about eating some extra veg.

Or just replacing corpses with vegan mocks, beans, tofu, tvp, or lentils...you make it a lot more difficult

> incomplete protein
> incomplete protein
> hideously overpriced

>muh beta nu-male has to justify killing a cow because it has cute eyes

shut the fuck up, vegans are the worst fucking hypocrites in the world

le i can eat my food and look myself in the mirror because i have a clean conscience knowing that cure pig is not getting killed meme

why dont you drink your own piss too? to save the worlds fresh waster reserve, think of all the childring in africa without water? Do you wash yourself with soap, soap is made from dead animals fuckign idiots. Do you shower or flush your toilet with fresh water? there are literally countless things dead animals are used for, there is no such thing as a vegan, only fucking hypocrites

only political correct nu-male feminists needs to justify eating a cow

nature literally intended us to do so, fucking degenerates

not to mention all the fucking fertilizer used for growing crops comes from caged animals

>> incomplete protein
Wrong
>> incomplete protein
Wrong
>> hideously overpriced
Not more than whey
Any more excuses, carnicuck?

>being a good person is a bad thing