Does anyone else hate lifting?

Does anyone else hate lifting?

Personally I fucking hate it.

I hate the idiots at the gym - the roiders, the dyel newfags, the powerlifters, the oly lifters, the bodybuilders, the cardiobunnies, the scamartist PT's, the broscientists.

I hate doing stupid exercises.

I hate looking up things related to lifting and seeing tons of horseshit with "DUDE LIFTING LMAO" memes or some fucking faggot trying to shill his fitness product or blog to get adsense revenue.

I hate lifting sites like Veeky Forums because they're just a bunch of pessimistic losers who went overboard and aren't well rounded at all.

then stop going to the gym and get the fuck out of this board, you crybaby faggot.
Rule number 1 of life: if you don't like it, don't do it.

If I didn't like lifting I probably wouldn't do it, unless I disliked not being fit more than lifting.

Personally I enjoy being fit and I enjoy lifting.

>Rule number 1 of life: if you don't like it, don't do it.

After spending so much on gym membership, roids and food I kind of have to continue, though.

>cancel your membership
>end roid cycle after you run out of roids
>literally everyone on earth has to consume food, what's the issue here

I hate everything about the culture but I enjoy the actual picking up of heavy things and putting them back down, especially if I manage to gradually pick up heavier things every time

Find exercises you like to do at home or outside and stop coming here.

Honestly I fucking love the modern American culture around lifting, it's light-hearted and yet also intense.

Choking down boring food 6 times a day honestly sucks, especially since I used to be a "foodie" but the actual lifting is fun.

If you're just doing this for the pussy, just make money. In the long run it gets you much more of it than lifting anyways.

I've spent over a thousand dollars on gear and over a thousand on gym membership in total too.

Now if I just quit I'll lose all that on nothing. and have no gains to show for it

>Find exercises you like to do at home or outside and stop coming here.

Honestly I'm close to taking the Scooby-pill.

Where you just lift for fun and health and don't follow dogmatic bullshit

Honestly I love to lift, to walk on the treadmill, to push myself hard on the stairs, to stretch

The problem with me honestly is going to the gym is not ingrained in me anymore, It is very hard for me to follow a program, to have the respect to go and lift for more than two days a week, to go and continue to progress. The problem is I don't have the time/desire to do this shit everyday, it is very hard to go back and continue to do this while you have other things going on in your life. Maybe should be more dedicated and obsessed with the gym, but I am fucking lazy

I still go on occosian, but no real progress will be made. If i can dedicate 6 months to the gym, it will change my life, the problem is my day - day life is nothing like most of yours and I have no idea if I will be stuck working 14 hours tomorrow, or 8 hours today. My life has no balance like some of you /neets/

so instead of stopping a series of activities you dislike, you're going to continue throwing money at it?
You've got bigger issues than your money spending habits senpai

show us your face so we can make fun of you

I dislike the activity but I kind of like having a nice body

Sunk cost fallacy

Just because you wasted time on it doesn't mean you have to waste any more.

You're right but humans aren't perfectly rational beings.

That feel when spent a lot of money on something gets to you

i wish i looked like george leeman, dudes a fucking tank

>don't like people
>can't live without them

Reeeeeeeeeeeee

Im starting to lose motivation.

I want to lift and get stronger but it feels so hard to lift sometimes.

Maybe it is because i am cutting, and no matter what i lift it still feels like baby weight just pulled 250kg and im still DYEL.

Lifting sucks, wish i was an otter twink desu.

Do it m8. Just get a cheap oly bar/plates and chin up bar. I wanted to be outside more so I made a sled to drag around trails.

This is pure bullshit excuses for yourself only. How does the amount of hours you work stop you from going to the gym after you stop working?

or do you work more then 24/7? what?

99.999% of people have time for the gym. Maybe you should get your test level checked if you are a low-energy fag

Honestly I kind of like using machines a lot.

I used to be a "muh compound lifts" guy when I first started lifting but I eventually learned I didn't really enjoy frying my CNS and all that shit. And even if I make slightly less gains I'd rather do something actually more fun because I'm in it for the long run and otherwise I'll just burnout and if I try to min-max every single little gain

I don't know why I keep doing this

I went to the gym one time last week and fucking loved it, I felt like a god the rest of the day but it has been days and I haven't gone back. Many issues keep me from going back to the gym, I think i am a fool though

>After work, head straight to the gym
>Start on cardio
>20 minutes in and my legs hurt on the treadmill
>Move to back workout, hit the back pretty good, but can't continue as all the other machines and free weights are taken for the last 20 minutes. Move on to seated rows, etc.. do 10x8 and notice a guy taking a picture of me in the corner, I'm done at this point and move on to the treadmill again for a heavy walking session for 30 minutes
>Head out, hit the locker room, stretch, change, and go home
>Say by to the girls at the gym, have a good night etc..
>It's nearly 7pm and I have roughly 30 min of traffic to sit through before getting home

Thanks for the [you] btw, I am still planning to actually go to the gym in the morning though, ended up skipping it this morning, "again"

>What have i done to myself

kys idiot fag

I feel the same way about the Australian lifting scene and the "lol leg day today" crowd.

I still enjoy lifting, I just hope it's a phase people are going through.

>and notice a guy taking a picture of me in the corner
why he taking pix tho

I'm kind of fat, from what i saw looks like he took a snap either he took a photo of me or he took a weird ass selfie looking at me. lol i didn't even care..

when that happened though, i laughed to myself wondering if i will see my face on /fi/t tonight.. im fat some people might judge..

this is the most intimidating part of going to the gym for me desu.

I'd hate to think that someone would take a pic of me working out or even resting for the few secs between sets

I like being fit and healthy, looking ripped and feeling confident. But I hate exercising.

not a big deal actually, i looked at his face and he is a dyel guy in his 20s who probably hasn't talked to a qt gf since high school

you also, probably shouldn't worry about something like that, people do judge, but only for a few seconds, it means nothing

You can tho, just gotta put some initial work in.

I hate gym rats as well.

>'anabolic window bro gotta get that whey in bro' and 1231231332 other broscience facts
>checking himself in the mirror all the time
>using gay tank tops that look like some 90s rave shit
>literally no flexibility, agility, balance or pretty much useless for anything other than pushing/pulling/squatting a heavy weight in a very specific way
>would probably die out in the woods when he runs out of his pocket stash of whey protein, cell tech and mass gainers

Then stop bitching

Newfag here. Is this guy covered in bronzer or is there something about sweating out every last drop of hydration that actually causes this appearance?

>thousands on gear
Unless you are paying out of pocket for pharma I highly doubt it

3 cycles

and i said over a thousand, not thousands

Bro, I hate working out in the gym, but I'm gonna go get my 2 years worth of newbie gains that I can, and then I'm gonna just do active shit that I actually enjoy and hit the gym for short sprints 3 times a week.

I don't know how people can love it. I mean, I love the feeling after a workout, but I get that from fun physical activities too. After like 4 months of lifting, you're just going in to do the same shit over and over. Pick it up, put it down. Repeat.

I'm not gonna watch season 7-9 of family guy only for a full year, cause I'd be bored. That's how I feel about lifting. I just do it to be healthy and look more attractive.

>not having so much pent up aggression that you start figting random guys if your not lifting heavy shit 4x a week

do you even super sayan bro?

I do lift, but man, I don't wanna spend more than 6 hours a week in a gym after I get to a good point. I wanna get to a bigger ottermode and then just cruise and maintain. I like mountain biking, kayaking, hiking, rock climbing, plenty of stuff to keep me fit outside of my 3 gym sessions.

Sounds like you hate yourself. Get over that first.

You need
>Perma bulking
>Geared powerlifting

Just do 'Street workouts' while still cycling for 3 years and then make a yt channel about being a swole tai Lopez, also hire cars mansions and hookers to make 12 year olds jealous

>Health
>Social opinion
>best way to kill time
>Fit grills
Or
>Get fat
>Get lazy
>Get shit on by un/fit grills
>Contemplate suicide
Gee user tough choice. Just do the fucking routine regardless of your feelings. You get paid to do a job not to feel good or bad about it. Food doesn't wait to ask you whether or not it felt good to do whatever the fuck it does (not from /sci).
>Get the sand out of your cunt
>Do the damn routine.

not even memeing, you should really consider suicide.
you're a loser of such epic fucking proportions

I get what you mean but my hate of the idea of being unfit outweighs it. Just today I had to sit idly by while this 5'2 leprechaun was sperging around the gym like he was top shit because he could finally do 25lb OHP.

>hate hate hate hate hate
Sounds like you hate yourself and are projecting it on everything around you. Faggot.

Google sunk cost, you're welcome

I don't hate lifting. It just sucks finding time to get a decent workout between school and work and having a normal life. I don't hate lifting I hate that I don't have enough time and that I'm not filthy rich.

You can finally do 25lb huh? Good job bro.

2 hours a day for studying, at least 1 towards fitness. You'll always best your peers.

Get your own power rack and then stop lifting. Thanks.

That's big lenny. Whenever you see him posted you can post "Get ye gone chocolate golem" and people will have a giggle

As for your actual question, kind of both. He takes tanning pills and body builders do dehydrate themselves before competitions because it allows them to more easily show off their musculature. Gotta get rid of that extra water weight, brah. Also he's all oiled up for the competition, which is also really standard fare

Also, for some added fun, google palumboism

This has been your spoonfeed of the week, courtesy of user

>After spending so much on gym membership, roids and food
well you're a fucking idiot then, eh?