Want to join the military

>Want to join the military.
>Start lifting weights, go from being able to do 0 pushups to 10-15 within 3 months.
>Add running to my routine.
>Chest burns like a motherfucker.
>Get it checked out.
>Tfw Exercised Induced asthma.
>Tfw I want to run but cant go a good 10 minutes without my chest feeling like it was set on fire.
Hold me Veeky Forums

>10-15
>3 months

Fucking how, like how fat were you

I went from playing 5-6 hours of video games and soft drinks/junk food to 3-4 hours and working out.

Jesus fuck no kidding.

I went to basic a skinny skeletor and could do 20. I was a pack-a-day smoker, and by week 6 I was around 50 pushups a minute and 10 minute mile and a half.

It get better. Just hang in there. Eat more veggies.

>want to join military

holy shit get a load of this slave my dudes

>Not wanting to exercise, shoot shit, and be tacticool for 6 months.
Wew.

You're born with asthma, exercise has nothing to do with it.

If anything exercising has helped you with your asthma during physical activities ya dunce.

By "video games" you mean COD, right?

>Exercise induced asthma
You really think you should join the military?

>literally fighting for the jews

>Tfw larpfag
>Running around hitting bitches with my sword and doing my thing
>Being a massive prick on field
>Buddy lent me some armor to maximise dickishness, first time I ever wore it
>Halfway through running get a shortness of breath
>Start coughing

Shit man, I may actually have exercised induced asthma too. My mum has asthma herself.

How'd you get it checked man?

>Tfw I had just hit the requirements to join my country's army

Went to my doctor.
It might be due to the fact that I haven't exercised at all in my life, but I'll keep pushing myself to go further every time.
Good thing is, its not shortness of breath, just a burning feeling in my sternum and the occasional flem cough,

Talk to a recruiter anyway

Alright bro, I know a few people who I was in basic with that managed to pass basic with asthma. I don't know what your conditions are but there are fat fucks who pass basic nowadays. As long as you can pass the bare minimum you'll be straight. That being said, you can literally fail the first few PT tests they give you and as long as you pass the very last one you should be fine. As long as you're showing progress. This is 100% how it works in todays military. I joined as a skinny fat faggot that didn't do shit but play video games all day and failed 2 PT tests but I was showing progress. You'll be running everywhere you go so this forces your ass to lose weight. (along with the pt every morning and getting smoked every 5 minutes) I'd definitely talk to a physical trainer about this and see if you'd be able to join and survive.

I want to join up and be one of these motherfuckers but I'm autistic so I'll fail the medical

>Not enjoying the pain
>Not experiencing a bloody nose every day
Stop using asthma as an excuse. I dropped my inhaler years ago.

>Tfw Exercised Induced asthma.
Shut the fuck up you whiny brat. I meen fuck if you want to join the military at least man up first

I had asthma so bad as child that I was not allowed to do sports day at school. about 4 years ago I picked up running because it was faster than walking the dog and now I can run a 4:30 min mile. so stop using asthma as an excuse and get off your arse and run

I can run 3 kilometers in 12'59.
Is it any good?
Am I going to make it?

You can grow out of it though. I was diagnosed as an asthmatic anemic little bitch when I was a child but I cured myself with diet, exercise, and organized sports/crime. Also just grew out of it I guess. Now I've got great cardio.

Just muscle through it fat boy. Hardwork and dedication. You ain't got cancer.

>Join the gym at the same time as a really fat guy
>Feel like a cunt, but like it when he's there because I always feel superior
>He stops showing up
>Figure he quit
>Go at midnight because now I'm addicted to post-workout wanks
>He's there
>Lost a bit of weight, but looks roughly the same
>We both go to the racks
>I'm onto 12kg curls
>He goes to 25kg
>Literally twice as strong in the same amount of time
>Quit and go run to make myself feel better
>He moves off the racks
>Get back to it
>He starts a jog
>Go to leave
>He's on a 5km hill climb setting

Just let me die.

It's not like we can turn this ride around user

Yeah, but you can actually stop eating candy and he can't. So you've got that on him.

>>Tfw Exercised Induced asthma.
is that a thing? like really? because that might explain the shit ive got

1. Do not tell your recruiter about your asthma. By the time the Army finds out you will be at basic and they will have already spent too much money on you to just send you home.

2. I couldn't do a single push-up when I got to basic. Not a single, fucking push-up. I got into position, dropped down to break the plane, then could not fucking go back up. When those fuckers were done with me I could pass a PT test without worry.

3. "I would have joined the Army but I didn't think I would make it." is a lot shittier than, "I actually did join the Army but got a medical because of X." but there is always a chance that "I joined the Army even though I had X, and worked through that pain to make my dream happen."

4. Just do it, faggot. No excuses.

Bitch do what i did. Sign up not being able to do 1 push up. Gain 10 pounds before ship date in junk food.
Get smoked a shit ton at basic.
Can now barely pass my apft.

Not bad, work on getting time lower.

no excuses OP, i joined as a below average DYEL and graduated top 30% of my cohort (infantry). i also have scoliosis and a lazy eye

its more mental fortitude than anything else. of course you need a base level of muscle, but if you have good willpower you can compensate

inb4 what the fuck did you say about me you little bitch

It's not good, good would be sub 10 but it's OK,especially if you don't train for it

>>Start lifting weights, go from being able to do 0 pushups to 10-15 within 3 months.
The fuck

I went from barely being able to do 5 to 30 in two weeks.

Yeah your right I'll just go to college and own them $60,000 for the rest of my life

>Update]
my old man was wrong... There are some good people in the world...

>not doing STEM and paying it of in a few years

i also have this

exercising more has made it a little better

and by a little better it barely affects me anymore

Yes. Unfortunately.

>exercise induced asthma

Aka I haven't ran for a long time and it's hard. Make it easy doc!

>implying you will do any of that
even infantry nowadays is just landscaping

I've been really, REALLY fat, but I honestly don't think I've ever been unable to do 20 pushups in my life.

>not doing military to get in killer shape and do a bunch of hardcore shit while you're young then just going to college for free afterwards

I have the same chest burn feeling when I run 15+ mins. Do I have asthma?

Basic really gets you athletic but not built. I was 170 at the start and finished at 155. But I could run a 5:40 mile and do 62 push-ups in a minute.

yeah i have that too

if you man up and fight through it it goes away in time

go to your recruiter's office, specifically Marine's. Ask when they do weekly PT and workout with them. You will die but eventually the weight will shed off like melted butter.
>Credit because I am Jar Head RN
plus the people there are rad to talk to.

It doesn't matter plenty of top level athletes deal with it you can work around it you just build your tolerance up and keep working. Also get checked for color deficiency unless you want be 88M and or some other shitty MOS

I got exercised induced asthma because because of soccer practice in -10 to -20 celsius when I was a kid. I woke up one night unable to breath, running around the house trying to get my breath while my parents was watching in horror. So we went to the hospital and they gave me salbutamol, which opens up your airways, but I never used it. I no longer have asthma but I found the salbutamol breather a in the summer and used it for cardio. Was amazing how well I was able to breath with it.

>free

Using that word shows what a good goy you are.

> I woke up one night unable to breath, running around the house trying to get my breath while my parents was watching in horror

you wouldnt be able to walk

>you wouldnt be able to walk

i'm not him but you're retarded.

you dont suddenly die if you decide to hold your breath for a couple minutes, i almost died from allergic reaction and couldnt breathe for a couple minutes till the medics arrived. i was walking around