QTDDTOT

Last one archived

When you get sore legs do wait till you recover or do you continue training and squat it out?

Squat it out.

Has anyone run boston here? How was it?

If it's just DOMS, you'll find they stop hurting the next time you go to the gym

So I got her number but I'm autistic as fuck. Fun activities to do on a first date? How do I act like a normie?

museum, literally don't overthink it

seriously pick a place and stop worrying about it

im at 168 5'11"
right now my lifts are around 115 ohp, 155 bench, 215 squat and 285 deadlift.

What's a good weight for me to aim for to look good at 1/2/3/4

What about ice skating?

Good lifting shoes?

I've been training in sneakers, which I just found out is a no-no, and they're falling apart anyway so I'm now in the market

Sounds like fun

Adidas Powerlift 2 are perfect and cheap as fuck

How do I know what kind of body "Type" I have?

I don't mean like Somatotype bullshit, like how do I know how I should be gaining in terms of proportions, time spent, etc?

try to do something else too, especially if you don't know this girl, you need something to talk about

shit, thats even better. Offer to get some food after.

No such thing lmao. Everyone is different. Thats why theres so many exercises to choose from. You dont have to do a lowbar squat, you can do highbar or even front squats! Just follow a program, eat and sleep consistently and you'll see results. Not that fucking hard, don't overthink it.

Start by posting a pic of your body and we can tell you if you need to cut (Go at a caloric defecit) or bulk (caloric surplus).

Can you skate? Then hell yes.

Will you fall flat on your fucking face and did you just suggest it because it sounds good? Then no.

Cheers, family.

Another quick question: Chin-ups are really hurting my callouses, though I try to deal with my hands as best I can, and causing me to do less than I could otherwise do. Is this a problem with the way I'm gripping the bar, or should I just bitch out and get gloves or something?

Does sleep really make that much of a difference?

kek

Quit being a bitch and do your goddamn chin-ups.

Also, manage your callouses. You need to groom them.

An ice rink date is still manageable if neither of them can skate, but if she can, and he can't, she'll being eyeing whichever hockey Chads are circling for puck bunnies.

>tfw this gets posted in my unis crush page
Its talking about me hehe

Wow, buddy, thanks for not reading my post. Really appreciate it.

I do manage my callouses, which is why I'm confused about them hurting during chin-ups, which is why I asked the question. They're the only lift that I have much issue with them hurting, too.

Jesus fucking christ. Yes. 80% of being fit is what you eat and rest. If you can't be consistent and have healthy habits for both of them then kys.

There are callous scraper things at riteaid or cvs. They scrape those puppies off. Theyre for feet but they work for hands.

Anyone know of a good dumbell/bodyweight version of SS or SL5x5? I dont have a lot of room to work out and i cant afford the gym. But I have some dumbbells and I'm starting to get bored with my bodyweight only routines.

Anyone have a good dumbbell only schedule? I dont have room for pullups either, unfortunately.

Maybe I will nigger, don't have to be a little cunt about it

should i watch tokyo ghoul again or finish re:zero? need suggestions bros

Come back when you're not as retarded. Remember to take your 4 scoops of protein powder if you want to make it bb.

finish re:zero.

I did read it, you ambiguous fucktard. "I try to deal with" could reasonably mean anything from "I try to exercise through the discomfort" to "I use a rusty razor blade to cut bloody patches out of my palms because I'm fucking stupid."

Glad to know you're a bitch emotionally, too.

I don't live in America, so I've never seen them. I just use a nail clipper and pumice stone.

But I'm not talking about my callouses specifically here, I'm mostly asking if there's a "right" way to grip the bar when you're doing chin-ups or if gloves would be appropriate seeing as this is the only lift that causes me any pain in that area.

>i think it's ambiguous so I'll assume the worst case
Fuck off, faggot, you can either read the context or ask questions if you're unsure. Instead, you chose to be a gay cunt about it. Kill yourself.

Oh my bad, sounds like you're managing them just fine.
Then the answer is yes, there absolutely is a right way to grip the bar. You could just buy some gloves for the chin ups but before you do that I suggest working on gripping the bar correctly. As in changing where you place the bar in your palm.

How is that a fucking question?

Are carbs a good thing during a cut? My fitness pal app tells me half of my diet needs to be carb based, but that goes against every successful diet I have ever heard of (South Beach, Keto, etc). Is that app a meme or is there actual logic behind carbs on a cut?

Does one eat above maintenance 7 days a week when bulking or just on days u work out

I've lost 100 lbs so far on a my diet, and I started working out to lose the weight faster but I also want to gain muscle.

Should I continue to eat what I eat until I lose this stomach fat or should I get more than I usually eat now that I'm doing some madhard workouts.

Carbs are normally associated with cookies, cakes, fast food, etc. Diets and dieting a meme. You know what's bad for you, and you know what's good for you.

Continue your current eating habits until you are at a healthy body weight.

I have incredibly wide hips for a male and I fucking hate it, it's makes.me feel like I'll never actually look good shirtless. I've got a more prominent hourglass figure than most women.

Is there any exercises I can do to make it less noticeable?

>pic isn't me but my hips are even worse

Chequed

czeque'd

Keep forging gains until you achieve door-mode. This is the only answer.

Not him but will take advice because digits.

BIG digits

why couldn't it have been me

Nah, all good, I didn't really explain myself all that well. It's probably part of the culture, we understate shit even if we're being pretty obsessive about something.

My gym has three different sized bars, should I play around with them? I'm a pretty big guy, so my hand (From the base of my palm to the tip of my middle finger is 8 inches) either completely wraps around all the bar or feels too small for the largest one

Maintenance plus 500 every day from what I've heard

I like to have a cocktail or two most nights. Usually just gin and water. This isn't a real hindrance when trying to lose bf build muscle yes? My diets pretty healthy, lots of vegetables and lean protein.

IIFYM

Should I change out of my lifting shoes into running shoes if I want to do some cardio on the treadmill?

I just ate a piece of cake
How much time do I have left?

Depends, what kind of cake?

you dont need lifting shoes lmao, just use your running shoes always and sell those useless shits

Literally everyone has told me to get lifting shoes, specifically for squats, because running shoes have soft, raised heels that mitigate the force and dampens HIP DRAHVE.

I just want to know if it's advised to run in them, too, or if I should just bring my sneakers with me

please suggest me a good breakfast meal thats easy(cereal easy), not too sugary and not oats.

Don't run in lifting shoes. They're not good for it. There are hybrid crossfit shoes out there that are meant to fill both niches at once but I've got no experience with how good they actually are.

Thanks

Calorie counting question for using My Fitness Pal. When roasting or griling vegetables, do you weigh them raw before cooking, or weight them after they've been cooked?

So if I make say 200g of roast sweet potato, when filling in MFP do I add the entry as 200g of sweet potato, or do I add whatever it weighs after it's been cooked?

This is a dumb question but do you sweat a lot while weight lifting? I've been a cardio bunny for years and just stepped foot in the weight room the first time this morning. Can barely even do the minimal for starting strength since I've got nothing on my bones, but I wasn't like sweating at all when I was done. Is that because it's for total rookies or am I doing it wrong?

not a whole lot, depends on set/ rep ranges
if you only do 3x5 or something like that you may not sweat at all

The body heats up when it produces energy, and then it sweats

So it's pretty clear you would sweat during weightlifting which requires more energy than cardio

high fiber low sugar cereal

you weigh what youre about to eat

I know it's pretty babby weight but ignoring that, was I wasting my time with the last sets? I had time to kill before meeting someone and deadlifts were my last lift so I just kept going every minute or two.

Probably not. May not have been the most useful but you need to be going really light before it stops having any benefit for strength or size.

thats not baby weight, 99% people here cant deadlift that for shit

>1kg of powdered milk = 7 L milk, $5.70
>7 litres of normal milk = $6.30

but is powdered milk better for gains

What app is this?

Fitnotes for android

dude there's a setting where you can have boxes to check off after you finish the set and the timer starts

Thanks man

Are deadlifts and chin-ups enough for back development, or do I have to add a horizontal back pull?

I'm strength training and trying to cut out some less useful exercises. I feel like rows are sort of a meme.

There's so little price difference and powdered milk tastes like crap.

how much milk is made with 1kg of powder?
i like to go heavy on the powder, we keep it as a backup for when we run out of milk
can't wait to get a fuckign milk animal for the free organic local milk

deadlifts and chins, with some snatches, ohp and squoatz will give an epic back and core
sorry for lack of puc, maybe soemone else can prove me right

It's easier to carry for me since I don't have a car and have to load all my shit into my backpack

>checkout girl's face when she scans 15+ cartons of milk every week

Will drinking tea make me 'healthier' if I already drink water mostly?

I mean, it's just brewed water with an infusion, I guess if all you drink is soda then some tea will improve your lifestyle, but otherwise?

Is 5 a day a meme? I know that it's a British government thing, but how seriously should it be taken as a guideline?

I like to add boiling water to my oats, does this affect their nutritional value? I figured that if people get worried about microwaves, it makes sense to also worry about cooking with boiled water. Why are people worried about cooking with microwaves anyway?

Very different reasons, as I understand, mostly due to alarmism regarding radiation. As far as I'm aware there isn't any real evidence that microwave ovens are unhealthy.

how do i look like the picture in op?

Eat well, sleep well, work out, and stay lean

so if i weigh 80 kg and can do a set of one legged squats with a 20kg backpack, should i be "normal" squatting around 120 kg?
(the reasoning behind that number is, 80+20 kg on one leg means the total weight I'd be squatting on two legs is 200 kg, minus my body weight, makes 120 kg)

Eat at a deficit until you lose the excess fat. Definitely ensure you get enough protein within that though.

This one's purely theoretical, but maybe you guys will still be interested in helped. A little while earlier, it occurred to me that in places like /r9k/ we get people (probably underaged) who due to shit like not getting any pleasure out of fapping, think they're low test but won't go to a doctor to get themselves checked for whatever reason, these same people may well just be the NoFap shitposters, but would telling these people to get Veeky Forums be a method of diagnosing* their problem?

If memory serves, a low test man will have issues with his body fat distribution when he gets Veeky Forums (the fat goes to womanly places like his waist) and therefore would be able to diagnose whether or not he is actually low test without going to a doctor.

*Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but lifting increases test, right? So it may also be possible to argue that said robots have nothing to lose. Getting Veeky Forums will either diagnose their problem, reducing their fear of going to a doctor to fix it (and giving them a more genuine pretence than "it doesn't feel good when I fap to lolis") or it will fix it by itself. Does that sound right?

You definitely should sweat even if you're weak. If you're still not sweating in a few weeks you're either not going hard enough or have some sort of sweat disorder

What does it take to get a body like MC Ride?

What? I'm being serious.
Those aren't my actual numbers btw, just an example.

Bamp

Should I do wrestler's bridges or just get a neck harness if I want to build my neck up a bit?

Squats are so painful in the hip flexors/IT band/groin area, regardless of how heavy I lift, even bodyweight. I'm stretching it out 5 min every day and foam rolling. How long before it starts having any effect? It's been a week and my squats are lagging. Only lifting one month btw.

Just get a decent minimus shoe with a zero drop.

>no soft sole
>still able to drive from your heels
>still able to run

>le carbs are bad meme!!!

What is this? 2005?

Set your protein, then your fat, and use remaining kcals for carbs.

There's no benefit to keto or whatever meme diet of your choosing other than being incredibly restrictive over bad eating habits you've may have developed. Enjoy your IBS 5 years from now on keto.

Every day, muscle is not only built during workouts. Its pretty much the opposite.

Work your lats HARD. That guy looks like shit because he has no back.

I usually weigh em raw since food dehydration is very dependent on size and cooking technique.

If you include those who don't lift and/or are female then sure.

Otherwise 2pl8 is like a 3-4 month goal tops for non skeletons.