/owg/ - Olympic Weightlifting General

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>I snatched today and it didn't hurt edition

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BMcCGNYDumO/
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2014/01/soviet-style-programming.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I thought about doing Olympic lifting/squats 3 times a week and train the rest of the body/bb 2 times
y/n?

day 1: sn/pulls/bb
day 2: squats/bb
day 3: cj/pulls/bb
day 4: squats/bb
day 5: sn/cj
day 6 (optional): bb/recovery

how does that sound

Pulls as snatch pulls or in general?

sn pull on sn day
clean pull on clean day

Thanks, that looks good

>olympic movements only 3 times a week

you will progress very slowly, if at all

if you know what you're doing you would train 5 days a week instead and bodybuild on rest days

Can this guy dunk?

I don't think I'd recover fast enough for that
Not yet at least

you'd be surprised, your body catches up faster than you'd think.

it's better to train a movement consistently with less intensity than to train with high-intensity but sporadically, especially for a beginner.

the tendency with o-lifting is to "go big or go home" which is why beginners tend to max out all the time, sabotaging their progress

consistency is key

I think he's like 5'6'' so perhaps not, but it's possible

So how fast should I progress as a beginner? Add weight when I can lift the current weight with good form most of the time?

I'd tell you to watch a shit ton of form vids. actually, just competition vids in general, and watch many of all different styles; for instance, watch the more stompy Europeans, as well as the more stationary Chinese. In the mean time, I'd say to practice the classics with a standard barbell, and to front and backsquat a lot. It would also be a good idea to throw in some clean pulls/snatch pulls.

when you can do 3x5 with good form

i dunno man telling people how to program their lifts through the internet is a catch 22

the best advice is to get a coach but you probably already know that.

the most i can offer you is that almost always, when learning a new technique, you should prioritize volume over weight. almost all beginner programs will do this, and you should too. The rest is up to you to self-coach and critique your own lifts, which will determine how good of a lifter you will become. Good luck.

To be a tad more specific: You should prioritise volume without fatigue. The goal is to accumulate a lot of good reps. Keeps the reps as low and the rests as long as necessary. Ain't no benefit to doing shitty reps when you're trying to learn not to be shitty.

thanks, I took a weightlifting course last month, and I'm planning to join a weightlifting club next year when I have money
So I'm going to be lifting alone for a couple of months before that

the coach told me to just do a lot of reps and get the lifts consistent

yeah good plan .senpai

At what percentages would this be viable

uh, depends, you'd vary week on week based on competition cycles I guess

Candito could and he's about the same height. I somehow doubt that Candito has a higher vertical than one of the best weightlifters

I thought Caladan was gonna leave /owg/?

Do you not stick to your word?

instagram.com/p/BMcCGNYDumO/

Why is she so perfect senpai?

you're right, blueshoes is our lord and savior

bump

She's cute and short in person

I went to high school with her. She's definitely cute and pretty nice. She's also legit one of the dumbest people I've ever spoken to.

Ex was like this. Ended up getting cucked of course.

how do all these lifters get huge wrist flexors? My forearms are never sore from lifting

I saw Jordan at a grocery store in Los Angeles yesterday. I told her how cool it was to meet her in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother her and ask her for photos or anything.
She said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?”
I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but she kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing her hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard her chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw her trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in her hands without paying.
The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Mam, you need to pay for those first.” At first she kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter.
When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, she stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, she kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

torokhtiy does wrist curls and other bodybild for them. his forearms are the thicc

what would an 8 week cycle look like

week 1-4 tbol
week 1-8 dbol
week 4-8 aromasin
week 4-8 tnt

I'm 5'8" and I can touch rim and that guys Vertical is clearly better than mine. I'm sure he can dunk.

calstrengtguy confirmed for jon north

HEY I DONT DO THAT STUFF ANYMORE, BUDDY

Lmao this can't be true

just curious
which foot do you put forward when split jerking?

Why do his quads look so small here?

he's a small guy

black tights or w/e its called

welcome to Veeky Forums

alternate like the russians so you don't build imbalances

Stand up straight with feet together. Lean forward until you start to fall forward. Whichever leg shoots out first to catch your weight is your lead leg.

For a lot of people its the opposite of their hand preference. So, like in boxing, if you're a right hander you'll probably find that your left leg goes front. It's not always the case but it tends to be.

swap day 4 and 6 m8

wl stuff 3 days a week is p normal desu
he posted a p standard chinese training structure
normally theyd do volume-intensity-deload 3 week cycles

I meant which one do you guys personally use?

Front rack holds
Yes? No? Why? Where in the routine?

too soon deload for me tb h

wuts a structure where you deload once in 8weeks or maybe twice

idk something like starting on high volume lower weight week 1, moving to lower vol higher weight week 3, then deload week 4

or a more clever one would be
week 1 med-big
week 2 med
week 3 big
week 4 low-med

theres examples here
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2014/01/soviet-style-programming.html

not really detailed

how wood this be

wk1 80% big volume
wk2 85% less volume than week 1
wk3 90% low volume
wk4 70% ok volume
wk5 95+% low volume
wk6 60%, basicly deload
and repeat

If you're doing Russian-style programing you will very, very, very rarely go over 90% outside competition. There's just no reason to. Better to spend your time getting stronger, practicing the movements, getting your positions right, and correcting imbalances.

On the classics*, of course. Pulls shouldn't be much more than your max, though.

but I like to hit prs bro

ye maybe -5% on p much everything, if u rly want max on the friday week 5 i guess

left,right why does it fucking matter what we do

A more Russian style b more like
80 high vol 6-8x3 or smth
80 lower vol 5x2 mebbe
80,85,90 dubs/singles
85 dubs
85,90,95+(if u want to make pr)

Of course that's loosely 'soviet style' cos they would plan whole years but ye that'd loosely an 8 week block

Exercise selection would be more varied than u posted tho with more segmented lifts

she got nice tits and ass, and good technic

Bulk of it is 75-85% sure but depends on the athlete too, some will rarely perform a heavy single (maligov) but some will do a lot of work at 90-95% (Tatiana) but depends on the lifter, Tatiana apparently didn't miss in training for 6months or smth so her coach's know they can take her heavier as so consistent

I did for a long while, I thought I'd try to keep it alive a bit longer tho