Is hypertrophy training just a meme for natties?

Is hypertrophy training just a meme for natties?

I see so many natties waste hours every week in the gym with cable arm curl, tricep pushdown bullshit and they NEVER grow.

Pic related.

now post without roids

so hes shilling for ss ?

No power cleans mentioned, so I believe it's something close to SS, but with dips and pullups.

Do a main strength program and use bodybuilding to even out proportion. For example, if you're gonna do Starting Strength with accessories, it would look like this:

AxBxA
BxAxB

A:
Squat 3x5
Press 3x5
Deadlift 1x5
Extras:
Close-grip Bench Press 3x6-8
Incline Hammer Curls 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 5x12-15

B:
Squat 3x5
Bench Press 3x5
Power Clean 5x3
Chin-ups 3xF or 3x5 weighted
Extra:
Close-grip Bench Press 3x6-8
Supinating Curls 3x8-12
Lateral Raises 5x12-15

probably because the guys you see never actually up the weight, but instead just focuses on "le squeeze" and all that bullshit while lifting babyweights

I like this . what do you suggest for progression?

I'm starting to think that dude was lying. Unless you start changing your intensity and volume and throwing in some isolations for biceps and shoulders, you won't get that body, unless you roid of course. His legs look way too chiken leggy as well for doing heavy squats all the time.

For the main stuff go up 5lbs per workout for squats and deadlifts, 2.5-5lbs for upper body lifts. For the chin-ups go to failure until you can do 3x9, then do 3x5 weighted. For the extras start with lower reps, then when you can do the most allowed up the weight and do lower reps. For example on the Curls, pick a weight you can do for 3x8, then when you can do 3x12 use a heavier dumbbell and go back to 3x8, and keep doing this.

Makes no fucking difference. Genetics, diet, sleep and consistency are the only thing that matters.

ayyy thanks my g

his legs are pure shit, they seem untrained

No problem, it's the program I'm doing.

Training for hypertrophy is a meme. Getting stronger is what gets you bigger. Now the thing is. Training for volume is an important part in getting stronger. Doing sets of 3x8-15 or 5x5 (yes, 5x5 is volume) is very important for overall muscular development. You'll never see a powerlifter not doing a lot of volume for the main lifts. You can do the same thing to isolate muscles you'd like to grow faster. The idiots you see in the gym who only do volume, don't do any high intensity low volume work and they have no concept of progression or how to eat to grow (I want to keep my six pack maan), so they just stall and never get bigger. Both is necessary if you want to reach your potential high volume and high intensity, coupled with good nutrition and sleep.

>Makes no fucking difference
>consistency

Well if natty A is consistently spending over an hour doing 20 accessory every other day a week, and natty B is just consistently doing compounds 2 times a week and still making more progress than natty A, it does make a fucking difference.

chinups work biceps and dips/ohp work shoulders but still, either he is doing some other bb routine at the side for hypertrophy or he is on roids

I've been runnning this program for a while, seen some really good back, shoulder and leg gains

A
>snatch Grip High Pull: 4 x 5
>squat: 4 x 8
>OHP: 4 x 8
>W. Chinup: 4 x 6
>Cable Crossover: 3 x 15
>BB curl: 3 x 15
>Leg raise: 3 x 10

B
>Deadlift: 5/3/1
>Deadlift: 5 x 10 @50%
>DB Bench: 4 x 8
>DB row: 4 x 8
>Lateral raise: 3 x 15
>skullcrusher: 3 x 12
>Neck Curls: 3 x 20

C
>Power Cleans: 5 x 3
>Push Press: 5 x 3
>Pause squat: 3 x 6
>Pulllup: 4 x 10
>W. DIp: 4 x 10
>DB Hammer curl: 3 x 15
>Leg Raises: 3 x 10

What's a good routine for mid to upper back?

Heavy compounds are best for newbies and natties.

Compounds allow you to lift more weight with more muscle groups. They stimulate the release of more hormones and a much greater overall adaptation response.

The rest is all about making sure you eat enough and rest enough and working to keep decent proportion.

The whole 'ss' is a meme thing comes about because newbies start out squatting heavy 3 times a week and while their legs and glutes get huge their upper body lags. It's not the exercises, it's the programming.

For my money a newbie doing squats (front squats are the best), deadlifts, OHP and weighted pullups/rows is going to progress far quicker and far better than the same newbie doing 20 different isolation exercises every workout.

The real push back against heavy compounds comes from guys who hate fucking doing them because the learning curve is higher and they take a greater toll on your whole body... they're harder and take more effort overall.

>le heavy deadlifts are a mass builder meme

WHEN THE FUCK WILL THIS END ? Is the more important question.

Deadlifts are by fucking far the most over rated exercise of all time. They make your hammys grow, thats fucking it

>inb4 traps, upper back, lats, forearms, anything else, these are all secondary

They are shit for hypertrophy

Even volume seems like a meme to me.

I've dropped to squatting and deadlifting once every two weeks, alternating each one every week and have been busting through plateaus.

Jim Wendler did the same, and some other guy with a world record for DL.

I don't get these intermediate programs telling people to squat/deadlift three times a week. CNS fatigue is even more of a detriment to a natty.

Nigger I got lower back and traps doms along with some lats doms while deadlifting only 100kgs after a break of 3 days.
My forearms have better definition now

That's at an advanced level though. A natty isn't going to burn out his CNS doing relatively light deads and squats twice or three times a week... Not if he eats a lot and gets his rest.

I really think volume is crucial for a natty beginner.

Beginners and intermediates can't put anywhere near the kind of beating on their CNS that a guy like Wendler or (especially) Hall can. Also Wendler was squatting and deadlifting every week. He was just only going super heavy once on lower body movements (which would have been some sort of good morning, box squat or deadlift variant depending on the week).

The other part of Conjugate style programs that's important? A metric shit-ton of volume on accessory work to make up for the low amount on the main lifts.

Well that's just doing what works for you, which is even better than following a program. Usually when you do a lift multiple times a week for a program you only fatigue yourself once or twice. The rest should be low volume and low intensity just to help you recover, like on texas method, where you have volume, light and intensity day or the classic heavy light medium approach.

You have fucking weak as fuck traps then if you're getting doms from deadlifting

I'll give you lower back

I remember when I thought this dude was jacked

why the fuck do you think he's on roids? He's small and not even lean

He looks dyel as fuck op

maybe not jacked, but he's a hunk alright.

I am a little larger than him and pretty juicy, just started doing power cleans and I am already seeing the results in my calves, shoulders,

Because the muscle development doesn't look proportional to his routine. Pullups don't get you big biceps and overhead presses don't give you big deltoids (aside from front delts).

Or you could just do SS you retard

The upper body gains a lot of mass too. I have been in Texas method for a while and my arms keep getting bigger.

/Fit, the true know-it-all on bodybuilding.

His arms look a bit big in proportion so I have a hard time believing he hasn't done a single arm isolation.
>haven't done a curl or sit-up in 2 months
He's probably done them before and that's where most of the development is from. Keep in mind 2 months isn't a whole lot of time to see visible changes.

except SS is for untrained novices, so the whole point of the routine is to quickly and efficiently develop strength and learn the forms of the staple compound movements

keep the assistance and accessory movements to intermediates that can make better use of them

training weighted chins as a main compound will develop to an extent that's comparable to curls

I've never understood this pic. For one, why is it so popular on Veeky Forums, and two, is he supposed to look good or bad? I genuinely can't tell, he looks decent to me but not impressive by Veeky Forums standards, yet not nearly bad enough to ridicule.

It's just so confusing and I've never realised why the fuck that picture is posted so much.

the point of the picture is that the guy looks fit and he claims his routine is comprised solely of the main compound movements, and hence isolations and accessories aren't necessary.

Most people who lift solely for hypertrophy lift like complete tards because they follow training splits that are popularized by world class fitness models and bodybuilders that are on gear. Most modern "hypertrophy specific" training programs have natties training each muscle group only 1 to 2 times per week using large amounts of volume per workout.

Pretty much EVERYONE of merit within the weight training / bodybuilding world agrees that for natural trainees HIGH frequency and LOW volume is the way to maximally build muscle. Conversely for strength training athletes it's HIGH volume and LOW frequency.

If the guy in that picture said he did a brosplit he would get torn apart by you fuckers lol

t b h I see more kids waste their time doing 5x5 programs and basically get no growth over 5 years than I see guys doing muscle groups 2x a week getting no growth.

Every routine will give you very similar results, provided they are well balanced and thought out. After 3 or 4 years lifting you start to realize this. Nitpicking sets/reps/exercises is pointless if you don't have 10/10 diet and rest.

> inb4 novice says post pic

Strength=aesthetics for the first 5 years, after that if you focus only on strength you will look different than someone who focus on aesthetics.

Isolation exercise are useful for strength if your strength isn't symmetrical enough.

> Arbitrarily selects an amount of years for when the body changes physiology.

Uhh-uhm yeah .. 5 years seems .. like a reasonable amount of time .. I guess .. uhhhhhhhhhhhhh .. yea ..

After 5 years you gain little to no muscle. If you lift only for hypertrophy you will gain more muscle than someone who doesn't obs. The gains will be minimal but after some years they will look different.

Just look at scooby.

they don't grow because they don't eat

5 sets of 5 reps for 5 years

It's a sign

Coincidence? I think not.