Why aren't you doing weighted dips?

why aren't you doing weighted dips?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=autejMlg2wY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'd like to but seems like a pain in the ass to set up.

Because I have weak joints and my collar bone gets under so much pressure that I feel it would snap any moment.

Hope I'm not the only one.

you can hold a db between your legs at start

besides belt costs like 20$

>

I started doing it

gainz are of the charts

Im doing them.

why the man in the gif is doing weighted momentum dips?

i'm not going to start doing weighted dips until i can do at least 25-30 bodyweight only dips in one set.

>gainz are of the charts
>of the charts
>of

Looks like mental gains aren't.

enjoy your fucked up shoulders

you should try to get in touch with lu and give him some lifting advice i'm sure he could learn a lot from you

tips fedora to you sir

wat

I bet you think squats fuck up knees too don't ya faggot?

>why the man in the gif is doing weighted momentum dips?
the most important thing in dips is that your shoulders are lower than elbow at the bottom. locking out elbows at the top is not really necessary. he's not locking out on purpose to have more time under tension

not an argument

>that your shoulders are lower than elbow at the bottom

Yeah. To really fuck up your shoulders and AC-ligaments.

I like them but I've been unable to go past +50kg without my sternum feeling like it's going to fly across the room. I'm guessing it's to do with the xyphoid process but it's not a comfy feeling.

kek you must be one weak faggot.You realise that benching puts alot more presure than dips, on your shoulders, especially if you dont use proper technique?

There are tons of people who dips with +100kg attached and I have never seen them complain.

Dips for front are what pullups are for back.

is that the dead mod from 7chan?

I just ordered my belt. What's a good starting weight for someone who can do 3x8 at 165lbs?

start with just 5kg, 3x8 is pretty shite still.

I do - the progression is hard as hell though. Started with maybe 2 malformed bodyweight reps that felt like my shoulders were going to break off

Once I finally worked up to 3x10 bodyweight I used the 3rd set to add 25lbs, worked up to 10 and so on

Now I do 1x10x25lbs, 1x10x45lbs and right now 3rd set is 5-6 reps at +70 lbs.

Looking forward to that lmao2pl8 dip.

I've got a fucked up shoulder that screams of pain when I try dips.
I do however believe its one of the better arm exercises.
Feelsbadman.

Anecdotal of course, but I feel that bench is worse for my shoulders than dips.

you can start with around 10-12 lbs then increment by 2.5 like on every other exercise

Some people genetically can't do it. Dipping causes a popping in my sternum, which can lead to bad injuries if I were to continue doing them.

How young are you? Chances are the costal cartilages haven't ossified yet, depending on how old you are.

Form, mobility and technique duder. Check my post
Starting out was hard.

Yeah, it's possible. Try next year(s), if I'm not mistaken, our skeletons fully mature when we're around 25.

>25-30 in one set

what the fuck

I lifted for two and a half years just doing bodyweight dips. I got ot the point where I was doing 3x20 no problem so I figured it would probably be best to start doing weighted dips at that point.
First day I was doing 3x8 with 90lbs added.
Biggest surprise since I started lifting. It keeps going up too.

>>

>doing just bodyweight dips

wew lad

For those with collar pain you should stop leaning forward so mch

Yeah you will do less weight and the chest wont be as activated but at least you will be able to do them injury free until forever

What kind of poverty gym are you in that doesn't provide a belt for weighted exercises?

always did them with DB.
New gym has a belt, can confirm that it is way better now.
I prefer weighted dips to bb bench, dont even bench anymore

one of my favorite exercises that i had to stop doing bc of fucking costochondritis

I agree with this. Bench seems to strain my shoulders a tiny bit but dips don't unless my grip is too wide. Never had any pain in my collarbone or sternum, but my collarbone has popped doing squats and shit.

Currently doing 45lbs added for sets of 6 to 8 or 25lbs for sets of 10. Started using 10lbs though.

sup brahs,

separated my right AC joint playing rugby as a teenager and now whenever i try to do dips it becomes painful and uncomfortable. Any suggestions?

I went up to 60 kg leaning forward dips (those who use a lot of chest) and felt my sternum getting pain

I just dropped 20kg and started doing them with no leaning forward so they activated my triceps and shoulders mostly, struggled with them for a while (3-4 months) and now i can do 60kg again with no leaning forward and no sternum pain

Also it's great because if i want i can do chest isolation exercises afterwards and my chest isn't fatigued beyond imagination as with the leaning forward variations

Do those belt also work for weighted chin-ups?

yes

His shoulder mobility gets me hard.
Is that liu?

If you want to blow out your rotator cuffs, sure. He's using a dip belt, you want a pull up/chin-up belt.

Thats not a llot dude

Tendonitis is my elbow so dips are a no go, same goes for skull crushers

yep youtube.com/watch?v=autejMlg2wY

Really? What's so different between them?

I'm concerned about injuring my triceps tendons/my lats. But I do enjoy doing them.

nice 2 years wasted dips

I can do 10,10,then fail around 8ish on the last set. When do you do weighted?

What's wrong with that?

>tfw there are people on Veeky Forums that still do bodyweight dips
>current year and not having a 3PLAET dip

1RM? I think I can do it.

kek btfo

I tried to do them with 25lbs after achieving 20 regular bw dips. After the weighted I got a super sharp pain in my sternum and clavicles. will i ever achieve a plated dip