Meal-prep thread

>OP is a faggot and won't contribute edition
currently living on chicken breast (oven) and rice.

Should I get a crock-pot?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA
cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/8229-boning-a-split-chicken-breast
ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90233788/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Bump for more meals

Crock pot chicken breast taste like garbage and has terrible consistency.

OK, fug.
There is an imgur link somewhere to a shit load of Veeky Forums meals

I got you phama
m.imgur.com/a/5nbmA

I want to start prepping chicken for each day at work, how long does it last? I'm wary of keeping it refrigerated for more than a day or two. Current plan:
>Sunday
Prep for Monday, Tuesday
>Tuesday
Prep for Wednesday, Thursday
>Thursday
Prep for Friday.

I wanna have chicken, rice, broccoli each day.
Thoughts?

>2016

>Eating chicken broccoli and rice

The fuck is wrong with you fags?

>prepping chicken for each day at work, how long does it last?
Cooked chicken in fridge; 4 days in fridge max, can be eaten cold
Reheated cooked chicken; about a week (must eat it immediately after reheating, do not put it back in the fridge)
Cooked, frozen and then reheated chicken; months

Great thanks senpai

fuck, why don't you season your shit that looks bland as fuck

Try, user

Ty*

What the hell else are you gonna eat?

potato

MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF POTATOES

Tuna and pasta is decent too

NP

>currently living on chicken breast (oven) and rice.
>Should I get a crock-pot?
are you me? that's all I've eaten for months and was just wondering if I should get a crock pot
also prepped for 6 days earlier today. chicken, rice, broccoli, green beans, sweet potato, carrots.

I love my crock pot, mostly for beef and pork dishes.

3 days is all I'd risk, I freeze if preparing more. I prep on 2 days per week and also make a pot of chili or stew and cut a tub of sturdy greens like romaine or kale and prep other salad veggies, bag separately and only compose and dress the salads right before eating. It is faster than it sounds once you have a routine.

GOMAD+Whey

>I want to start prepping chicken for each day at work, how long does it last? I'm wary of keeping it refrigerated for more than a day or two
it seriously lasts a week or more in the fridge if it's in an airtight container (and assuming the fridge is not too warm)
I make 12 meals put 6 in the freezer 6 in the fridge and that way I have 2 meals per day until the next meal prep day. now that I have more experience I wouldn't have any issue just keeping all 12 in the fridge but sometimes I eat less than 12 a week so putting half in the freezer means having not to worry about it.

If I see another thread about some leanfag meal prepping 10g of protein in the form of rubbery unflavored chicken I s2g

Stop counting macros, tallying up carbs, and breaking down every meal into a science you're a weak fucking dyel.. honestly is your body that great? All you eat is boiled chicken, do 5X5, gain 0 muscle and have panic attacks about grams of fat

Fat=energy/test only weak dyels think chicken protein does anything.. it's fucking chicken not some anabolic magical meat packed with creatine/gear

If you lift weights and don't weigh 200 lbs kys.. seriously what are you training for? I rather be a husky fatass then a beta twink lifter who calculates macros and how much protein is in a bbc

take a sip bro

>breakfast
1/2 cup of oats
1/2 cup of cottage cheese
3 eggs
penis butter on top of each pancake

>lunch
3.25 kg of chicken breast, probably will make it into pulled chicken
roasted potatoes

>dinner
3.25 kg of pork ribs + loin, will most likedly be made into pulled pork
Will probably make a sweet potato hash + kale/spinach/carrot/pepper/onion stiryfry to go with it.

>10g of protein in the form of rubbery unflavored chicken
on breast alone has 40g dumbass

This is for the really lazy and degenerate that don't give a fuck about taste and just want nutrition.

You will need:

8 pounds of chicken breast.
10 pounds of avocado.
1 pound of tomatoes.
1 pound of onions.
4 cloves of garlic.
5 lemons.
One ounce of chilli pepper powder.
Four ounces of salt.
A mix of small peppers.
Five ounces of butter.
HUGE pan.
HUGE mixing bowl.
Seven medium containers.

What to do:
Chop the chicken breast in small cubes, then heat the HUGE pan with all the butter. Add the chicken breast cubes and mix them with the butter until they look golden. Turn down the fire.
Chop the avocado in small pieces and add to the mixing bowl. Using a fork, mash it. Then, add (in the exact order) chopped garlic (cut it really small), the chopped tomatoes (don't bother removing the seeds), chopped peppers, chopped onions, chilli powder, cubes of chicken breast and salt. Mix everything furiously right after, then add the juice of all the lemons, just to mix everything furiously again.
Split everything in seven, put six containers in the freezer and one in the fridge. Each one of those babies got a lot of healthy fats and over 120g of protein and good fiber, and they are surprinsgly easy to eat.

Chicken is fucking disgusting.

That sounds disgusting.

wtf? looks awesome!

so what do you eat?

>if you lift weights and don't weigh 200lbs kys
>what are you training for
Boxing

Not a boring broccoli/chicken/rice meal, just a beef stew with rice.

How does one crockpot and achieve proper macros? Seems like you'd get different amounts of meat/veg/whatever per container.

Doesn't matter, as long as you know the total just divide it with the number of meals.

Breakfast
Egg and potato taco
Need dem mornin carbs

Lunch
Chicken breast
Sweet potato with cottage cheese
Carrots and broccoli

Snack
Apple and banana

Dinner
Chicken noodle soup for the soul

Meaning over the days it'll add up regardless?

Yeah, if you get a piece of carrot or two more one day and some more meat another it will all add up over the week.

As long as it's just small variances it won't be noticed.

Word might have to do that cause prep right now takes like 4 hours

That sounds legit.
What do you do with the cottage cheese and oats? Misx together? Eat separately?
I find I can eat a lot of cottage cheese (my area produces quality product) where as my body doesn't really enjoy oats. Always feel sluggish after

I'd have cabbage or some kind of green. Otherwise that looks godly

got a pic of what this monstrosity looks like?

what are you wrapping your bananas for nigga

Just an FYI, if you cover (like almost wrap them) your chicken breasts with parchment paper when you cook them, they don't dry out.

Surprised Veeky Forums still hasn't discovered Sous Vide yet.

or just learn how to cook a chicken breast

White people don't season their food, my dude.

You should get split chicken breast instead of boneless skinless chicken breast. It's basically a bone in chicken breast that comes with the (more expensive) chicken tender as well. You just learn how to debone it (takes a few minutes).

It's much cheaper than boneless skinless chicken breast (sometimes half the price). You get the skin too which is both delicious and helps to seal in moisture during cooking. If you're worried about the fat content for your macros, you can discard the skin after cooking.

cooksillustrated.com/how_tos/8229-boning-a-split-chicken-breast

Pic related, delicious moist chicken breast with crispy skin.

They're idiots

Breh, you ALWAYS gotta wrap your banana.

bumping for curiosity

Gonna start meal-prep in the next hour or so (chicken still thawing). This week gonna hold back on the potatoes and put more white rice in.

Fuck a crock-pot, it's for low quality cuts of meat. Steamer is GOAT for vegetables, sweet potatoes in 7 minutes, beets in 20 minutes.

Steamer.

Macros on that meal?

Chicken thawed going in the oven. Cajun spice.

Russet potatoes in the steamer. White rice with coconut oil in the rice cooker.

that looks like duck

Just made this chilli thing.

Basically onion, cayenne pepper, garlic, chili, capsicum, beans, ground chicken, chorizo sausage, diced tomato, beef stock all mixed together.

Pretty cheap to make and it's tasty if you put enough chili in it.

macros??

It's literally guacamole with chicken cubes mixed in. I'm sure it's fucking delicious.

200g white rice / 250g mashed potatoe

100g baked chicken / 60g green beans, winter greens

So you eat approximately 20000 calories a day?

Under two hours of cooking for the week.

>3.25 kg of chicken

Jesus wept

How much chicken per container/how much chicken did you cook?

these little glass bowls, I need dat.

Link?

do you just microwave it all? Cold rice is the devil

Easily lasts 7 days refrigerated. For 3 months I had to work in a different city and just meal prepped am entire week on Sunday with no negatives to the food

100g per container. Cooked weight was 912grams. Gotta be on point for this surplus.

gotchu
ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90233788/

That is seasoned, look at the chicken.

Not the original requester, but thank you.

>ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/90233788/
original poster, fuck yeah bro thanks

Just finished

Chicken, sausage, broccoli

Yogurt (23g protein each) with mashed strawberris or blueberries with honey and chocolate shavings 85% cocoa

I make gigantic batches of stews, currys and soups that are full of all the good shit my macros require.
I reheat these with some carbs if necessary once or twice a day. Easy. One huge batch cook does me for two weeks.

For other lunches, i have either frozen chicken or salmon. Eat it with some frozen veggies and rice with soy sauce and butter, easy.

Breakfast is yoghurt banana granola and honey, or scrambled egg. Scrambled egg or omletteis another good go to.

No, do not listen to this retard. Crock pot chicken breast is the tenderest chicken breast there is. Serious.

been hearing good things about it
too bad i change countries every few fucking months and electronics are a bitch to haul around
*customs can be complete morons if they want to.

Been making food with a croc pot.
Currently doing

3 large chicken breasts, cut up, seasoned
Kale
Carrots
Onions
Black beans
1 bell pepper

Gives me two lunches for work

Found the chubby permabulker