Body Dysmoprhia

Does anyone else here suffer from Body Dysmorphia? Basically where you think you are skinny when you aren't. I have it and my life is being quickly ruined because of it. I do everything I can to convince myself I am a skinny weakling and not a big strong guy. For example

>I use sticky notes on the weights to write '5lbs' so I can pretend they are 5lb weights I am struggling with
>I wear an ipod with no music, just recordings of myself laughing so I can pretend people are laughing at me for being skinny
>I have a giant inflatable toy hand that I wrap around my waist and pretend it is my real hand so I am so skinny I can grab round my stomach
>I started a rumour at work that I have anorexia

I just hate the idea of my body being skinny and must motivate myself.
Please tell me I am not alone

Body Dysmorphia is when you think that you are skinny or out of shape , not when you try to convince yourself that you are

i kinda do but in the opposite way.

i'm overweight, not obese, but when i see myself in the mirror i think I'm 300+lbs when I'm actually 190

its why i hate looking in mirrors with my shirt off

>whole life people tell me I'm skinny
>women tell me they wish they had my body
>people tell me shit like I should be chained to the floor and force-fed until I look like a human being
>want to look like my fat family
>lift for a few years
>eat until I feel sick every meal
>look in mirror and all I see is a 6' 140 lbs twig
>no scale can convince me otherwise
>no number of people I've known my whole life telling me how big I am now removes the skeleton from my mirror

Yeah pretty sure I have body dysmorphia

I have former fatty dismorphia.
Lost a bunch of weight but I can't see it. I'll always see myself as the tub of lard I used to be

yup, except opposite.
Got down to 78lbs at one point, that's when I finally thought my body looked like everyone else and I wasn't fat anymore. I'm 5'1 so it's not like I was near death at that weight or anything. I'm up to 92lbs and have muscle on my body, but I still think I look exactly like I do when I was 78lbs. Hell, I'm still in an underweight bmi but scared to gain more.
I'm not sitting on my ass and gaining weight, I'm moving and working out so that brings me relief.
Don't accept the fact that you can't view your body as others do. Push through and do shit that you know is healthy, and you should be fiiine.

even for a girl you are drastically underweight, you should weigh 145 at least if male. 120 if female.

I have the opposite, I'm a 180lb 6'3 skeleton except not flabby (think skelly otter) and I feel a lot bigger, which works wonders for my confidence and that in turn works wonders for all other aspects of life.

I'm under 10%bf and feel fat. When my doctor commented that my bicep is pronounced and that i clearly train and take care of myself, i argued with him and felt lied to.

Call that body dysmorphia, if you want. I'm really trying to get rid of those feelings, but it's hard.

Church

I've put on 50 pounds of muscle and most days I still feel like I'm too skinny for anyone to ever like

>Basically where you think you are skinny when you aren't.

there are different forms of BDD
Thinking you're fat and youre not.
Thinking you're not fat and you are.
Thinking you're muscular and you aren't,
visa versa...

etc etc

Whatever it takes, you freak

I literally feel like the mirror lies

Same here bro but I'm 6'2 which makes me look mor skeletal. Now I'm recovering went from 145 lbs to 185. People always tell me how big I look but I still feel as skinny as when I started.

REPS FOR JESUS!

>just screaming
that got me

My bf wants me to get over 100, so right now I'm trying for that, but it's ridiculous how terrified I am of seeing the numbers go up.
120 seems like a lot, maybe one day it won't scare me so much. Right now I feel healthy and fine, I eat pretty healthy and to the point where I'm full, so I'm not intentionally staying at 92, I am slowly gaining.

>Does anyone else here suffer from Body Dysmorphia?
Yes user, I suffer from something I cant suffer from if I think I suffer from it.

I used /fat hate/ threads and /r/fatpeoplestories as self-hate fuel. Maybe it was necessary, maybe not, but I lost 55 lbs and rejoined humanity. It's a dangerous tool that can destroy people but a powerful aid for those who can take it.

post picture of u

for 99% of fit it's the opposite of what the pic suggests.

You're a brand new kind of retard

this

its actually an issue - My biceps always seems VERY small to me, to the point where I prefer to not wear short sleeves. After measuring its the same size as the guy who has arms Im jelly off - but I still see myself as small.

Which leads to unsatisfaction.

Are you working out at a public gym? Because if you are going around putting sticky notes on dumbells thats funny as fuck

I'm still skinny. I know. Trying to eat upwards of 5k calories a day.

One more from the side.

>5k calories a day
enjoy failing after a couple of days or becoming fat

This is after a month. Thanks for the well wishes

seriously you're not skinny by normal people stadards.
Continue lifting and be patient. Your muscles, which you don't have, make you look big and strong, not fat.

How do you differentiate between body dismorphia and actually looking like shit?

I'm convinced I'm fat and ugly. The only people who tell me otherwise are family and friends. Basically people who have an incentive to lie.

>>I use sticky notes on the weights to write '5lbs' so I can pretend they are 5lb weights I am struggling with
KEK

Post pics here

Post pics to where everyone has body dismorphya combined with unreal standards, good idea for the guy, really.

I'm not going to humilate myself by posting a picture. I know people who browse this board. I can't risk it. Besides, I already know I'm fat and ugly.

I was merely looking for a tool to trap a friend or family member to make the speak the truth.

I did it and got encouraged. Don't be a pussy

>>I wear an ipod with no music, just recordings of myself laughing so I can pretend people are laughing at me for being skinny

kek, bait is evident tho

I think I do. I've been lifting for 3 years and I feel like I look like absolute shit. Am I right or wrong Bros

I have a girlfriend and everything. I'm 22 and make 52k a year. This is all I need to finally feel happy

>giant inflatable toy hand

oh man my sides. feel better OP.

the fuck? are you in chemo or some shit?

dunno how tall you are but i've been lifting for 3 years too and i look similar to you (coming from skelly level of muscles).

It's just the natty - not-chad level of test and skeleton frame- level of progression. gotta keep liftan and putting in the effort.

we gonna make it

I think you look good.

I've been told I do, but I don't think so. I am just like most humans and am more critical of myself and look more closely at myself than others do. I sometimes look OKAY in the mirror, but I surely look like absolute dog shit in photos and in real life.

When I'm at home in the mirror it happens sometimes, but then when I go outside around people I can tell I'm fucking huge compared to these normies

6'3 200lbs

You srs? You look great. Take your shirt off anywhere and enjoy the mires. Just wear dem fitted shirts senpai.

Your current body is my goal body, if that helps.

I realized i had body dismorphia once i saw myself upperbody naked in a mirror with another person

his arms looked like sticks sticking out of his body

then i realized my "normal arms" were in fact big

>>I have a giant inflatable toy hand that I wrap around my waist and pretend it is my real hand so I am so skinny I can grab round my stomach

holy fucking top kek this is the best thing ive ever read on this shit website

>337733

>>women tell me they wish they had my body
im a skelington and i hate this so much. do lanky wire like bodies look good when you get big?

Not there yet but be patient. The things in life worth having take effort and time. We're all gonna make it bruh

I was obese for the first 14 years of my life. Even though I started getting fit in high school, I always think of myself as fat. Just the other day I changed at my new workplace and my supervisor said I looked "built" but I honestly don't feel like that.

Everyone says that my body looks good and I look more muscular since I started lifting half a year ago. But I don't see myself as that big of a guy when I close up to the mirror. My gym buddy is getting two vials of test this month and I am considering shooting up 50mg with him (he's doing 100mg or more because he's tall).

your muscles aren't symmetrical but you've got pretty good definition

>My gym buddy is getting two vials of test this month and I am considering shooting up 50mg with him (he's doing 100mg or more because he's tall).
do some more research before taking steroid pal

I need to get a PCT so you're right.