Improving your voice

How am I supposed to get a masculine and deep voice, Veeky Forums? We all know how much it matters in social interactions.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/CbtobbWxZ1I?t=3m50s
clyp.it/ozym0cer
youtube.com/watch?v=P41ER1Wmkj0
youtube.com/watch?v=IuUrSrIZnMc
youtube.com/watch?v=rhThso-PE_o
youtube.com/watch?v=lDAkqpZ5wzM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just talk down to everyone. Works everytime bro

inject test straight into your vocal cords

>tfw my accented words go up to the 4th octave
>ywn have F2 speaking voice

Fuck up your vocals with cigarettes.

Come on man do a little effort

Talk in a fake deep voice all the time, you eventually get so used to it that it becomes your real voice.

Try humming with your mouth closed. When you reach a pitch that makes it feel like your teeth are vibrating, you've found the deepest possible tone you can pull off

How about you focus on not being a fat, weak cuck, who knows nothing and has no job skills first?

breathe deep

Have you recording yourself to hear what other people hear? I can barely recognize my own voice on playback.

Breathe into your balls

smoke and drink vodka straight daily

make neck gains

Auto Fellatio x 5

I had this problem. It was because I wasn't speaking through my mask so to say and my voice would be slightly nasally and higher than it should. Diaphragmic breathing helps, and learning to speak through your mask. I took up the harmonica and singing. Good luck op hope this helps.

Bane?

Vape.
For real. It helped to deepen the fuck out of my voice right on the first day.

>voice cracks whenever I try to "talk from my chest" like you're supposed to
>the alternative is a nasal 12-year-old voice
Kill me

This is how:

>youtu.be/CbtobbWxZ1I?t=3m50s

I gained 10 autisms just by looking at the thumbnail, thanks

Get on dat dere smoketech

you're so full of shit.

>talk from my chest
>chest
Nah

Correct way is stomach(diaphragm), google it bro.

>dat stache
That nigga don't even look good clothed

Fuck off with your unnecessary hostility, motherfucker. It did deepen my voice, but the effect was lost in like 2 days

shout on top of your lungs and growl

guaranteed results in 1 hour

kek, I live an hour away from home for uni and drive back on the weekends. one time i was under a lot of stress and screamed/shouted for the entire drive home. once I got home my voice was an octave lower and kinda raspy. sounded sexy af.
Haven't done it since because I don't want to permanently fuck up my vocal chords.

Talk from your chest, and not from your nose.

i do that weekly for like year because people at work piss me off

so i shout hard as fuck with songs

or you can try some tuvan singing but its hard if you have shitty throat..

>try to listen to myself on the phone or on camera
>my voice sounds dopey as fuck and mumbly since i suck at enunciating

>talk to girls i meet online like on skype or whatever cause im a virgin loser
>they say how deep and masculine my voice is and how wet it makes them, especially after i've been talking for a while and it gets raspy and growly

too bad im ugly and built like a sudanese orphan

Does this actually work?

lots of yelling can stress the vocal muscles and give you a deeper voice, maybe find somewhere to yell all the time

clyp.it/ozym0cer

You fuckers are so neurotic.

Lots of men without deep voices succeed socially.

breathe into your balls.

I've succeeded socially, but of all the women I've been with literally every single one has said I'd be the perfect man were my voice not as bad as it is.

It hasn't handicapped me, but a better voice would have helped me do better, especially given I wanted to work in a field predicated on oration

I know successful lawyers, and men who get laid a ton with pretty attractive women, all the while having somewhat nasally voices.

Your reaction to being told that you'd be the perfect man but for your voice should be to give absolutely zero fucks

What the fuck are you eating?

I was actually practicing to be a barrister at the time so I can say I've encountered the same thing. My reasons for dropping out were totally unrelated to the quality of my voice.

I've never let it stop me and I don't generally let it be known that it affects me, but it does. Inside I'd like a more pleasing voice.

tobakee

I think you're fine. All you can really do without engaging in unhealthy behaviour is learn to speak from your chest -- beyond that, you should just let go of the effect it has on you. If you succeed, you'll be far happier.

Your bad voice may create difficulties for you, but nothing insurmountable. You seem to know this already, so it's just a matter of letting your hang ups go.

that shit takes effort, man. ain't no walk in the park

>mfw have vague Eastern European accent and was born speaking a language that modulates deep voices.

Keep squeaking anglo cucks

That's what's called a shit test, man. They're testing you to see if you're stronger than them. You win (or not lose) by maintaining form and throwing the ball back to them or ignoring them. Don't be ashamed of who or what you are and don't be afraid to let people know that if they test you. You don't need a fucking voice to be successful in this world, you just need a can-do attitude and some self-respect.

>Speak from your chest

Can someone explain to me what this means?

>who is this cum drum?

My voice gets deeper when I'm nervous. Try a social anxiety disorder OP.

With the exception of the Sudanese orphan part, are you me?

Inhale sulfur hexaflouride every 5 minutes.

Speaking from your chest is using your core/diaphragm to support your speech, as opposed to your nose/sinuses. Only way to see the difference is to experiment by yourself.

you talk to girls you meet online and they like it?

>deep voice
>monotone

I sound like I'm stoned 24/7. I remember some guy saying "420 blaze it" under his breath when I was having dinner with him and some friends.

>have kinda deep voice but also shy/awkward
>if I just want to say something to someone in passing I say it kinda quietly
>WHAT?
>repeat it
>user I CAN'T UNDERSTAND YOU
>have to stop and say it very slowly and deliberately

my words kinda slur together...

That's what I call the after party voice lol

I hate it though, it makes me sound uneducated, I have normally have a voice of a movie star! I'm a singer too, so I guess since I keep singing all the low notes, my voice gets deeper and deeper with practice

fuck off, now

who here /had a deeper voice at 15/

Everything after from mars to sirius is shit from them. Magma? Holy fuck.

That being said, joes vox are incredible.

13 here, so fucking nice

>mfw I used to have a deep voice as a teen. So much that my friends used to joke/banter about it.
>Now that I'm 23 it somehow became more boy-ish and I sounds a bit like a woman.

What the fuck happened?

Is it possible that the huge amount of stress I've had in this timeframe reduced my testosterone?
Does that even make your voice regress a decade?
My 15 yo brother has a deeper voice than me, while at his age mine was deeper than his.

Big Guy?

you are a real poser

This is gonna sound really stupid but it works. Drink alcohol and then try imitate Archer's voice. I've been doing it for the last year at my uni and have gotten mad pussy.

that country looks like fun

youtube.com/watch?v=P41ER1Wmkj0

>Elliot

Don't post that faggot ever again.

Last girl i hooked up with said this when we were talking after we met up:
>am i fucked up for getting turned on when i listen to you talk?
>your voice literally excites me

I've historically not had a deep voice, but lifting heavy, smoking, and drinking straight liquor has helped i think.

You either have a good voice or you don't brev.
It's like being a manlet or a manmore. You ain't gunna grow taller if you dislike your height, and your voice isn't going to turn into a smooth baritone through that one weird trick

Lol you fucking mong
It's because your voice was deeper than others at the time. Unless your balls have physiologically malfunctioned from the time you were mid growth spurt to now, your voice pitch has not been raised. Vocal cord thickness isn't something that changes by dropping 200ng/dl of test from average into low, it changes if you are on test blockers and are on estrogen.
Think of old blokes, do they sound more and more like chicks as their test levels lowered?

No, that's exactly what happened. My pitch actually raised.
I'm sure because I have videos and recordings of the time, and when I compare them to recent ones I can clearly hear the difference.

For you.

yes. I had a masculine voice within minutes. 10/10

If I pulled off that mask, would you die?

It would be extremely painful...

fuck I hate this, now I just try to say nothing

Don't know about the Archer bit but the day after drinking booze, my voice gets lower and raspier in a way that I consider more appealing. It also clears up my skin a bit, unrelated.

After being on gear for a while my voice got much deeper than it used to be.

A long time ago I used to do choir. I'm more of a baritone but we didn't have enough bass, so since I had one of the "deeper" voices among the baritones I got put into the bass section and after doing voice warmups and exercises and singing bass parts for a long time my voice deepened too, but after not singing for a long time that went away.

20x10 Deep Fag Inhalers
1x1l Scotch Bottle Vacuums

AAxAAA

Glad I'm not the only one autistic enough to consider smoking to get a deeper voice.

Deeptheating very often also makes it deeper, you can see the results when you say "no homo" after swallowing.

Smoking does not make your voice deeper, it makes it more nasally.

I have a pretty deep voice, and when I was smoking it made it a bit higher and nasally since it clogs your nose and the back of your throat from the smoke irritating your mucus glands. When I stopped smoking I couldn't really believe how different I sounded.

So if you're not a smoker, your voice is the way it's supposed to be. Only way you're gonna make it deeper is by training yourself to speak a certain way or fucking shouting/screaming all the time.

youtube.com/watch?v=IuUrSrIZnMc

dont sweat it OP

Bad posture, tension. You used to speak more naturally, now your voice is constricted, forced. That's the "normal" explanation without any significant hormonal changes or mental illness or whatever. Of course you could also have some mysterious hormone problem but Occam's Razor would suggest it's just an unhealthy lifestyle building up tension. You might also be lifting with bad technique but don't see that as the root cause. You can't force good technique, good technique happens when you are relaxed and mobile, it's NOT a mental thing.

Working out over time naturally dropped my octaves a bit.

geddy is that you?

Jesus christ, what the hell is wrong with slavs?

youtube.com/watch?v=rhThso-PE_o

Ok buddy. I'm sure the potential few ng/dL of test that MAYBE lowered in the last 8 years has had a huge impact on your voice.

Chances are you tried forcing a lower voice as a kid. Almost every teenager does, or you spoke slightly more relaxed than you do now.

If you're finding your voice isn't low at 23, it never was. What you're describing is like a gay man saying he's a virgin and suddenly woke up with HIV one day, but definitely didn't come into contact with someone with HIV.
It doesn't fucking happen, and you can't convince anyone that it did. You're lying to yourself.

It could be, but my voice is the deepest when I'm nervous, angry, or stressed, while it's always when I'm relaxed that my voice comes out high-pitched and feminine.
Also, I don't lift, so that can't be making a difference.
I'll definitely look into those things though.

But I'm not the only one who noticed, and also I definitely didn't lower my voice, since I remember being able to lower it much more than usual to sing bassier notes, and when I lower it now, it's only marginally lower than what it was when I used to speak normally at the time.

BTW, isn't this exactly what happens to trannies?
Or it requires an extreme amount of hormonal change to happen?

Talk using your diaphragm. Done correctly you should sound the same with your nose plugged.

>mask
wat?

Hello Elliott

Be calm, when you get excited your voice tends to have a higher pitch.

>my voice is the deepest when I'm nervous, angry, or stressed

That's weird as hell and I'm beginning to doubt if you're being honest here.

>I don't lift, so that can't be making a difference.

More generally, you do some form of physical activity though, don't you? I should have said "exercise" rather than lifting.

so was your ability to call yourself a man

>That's weird as hell and I'm beginning to doubt if you're being honest here.
I know. That's why I'm asking here, because Google only shows me completely unrelated situations.

>More generally, you do some form of physical activity though, don't you? I should have said "exercise" rather than lifting.
Nope. I have cholinergic urticaria, which, every time my body temperature rises (by doing physical activity, being anxious/worried/nervous/embarrassed, eat spicy foods, drink alcohol, etc.) my skin starts to burn and it's incredibly painful (what you feel on your tongue when eating very spicy food, I feel it on my skin when I get these hives), so I have to be careful not to overheat.

You gotta understand that there is a huge difference in test between males and females. Trannies take testosterone blockers AND supplement estrogen. They artificially change their hormone levels to the physiological range of a chick. You shoot a woman with 8 times her normal testosterone, and she'll have the test of an old man with balls that no longer work.

Voice isn't dependant on test. I hoped my last video would show that. Tyson was on roids and obviously had a high natural test level, and his voice is high as fuck. Test levels and voice are somewhat independent of each other. There are other factors that influence the vocal cords, like stress placed on them and various hormones like insulin and hGH. Even then, how you respond is a genetic factor.
youtube.com/watch?v=lDAkqpZ5wzM
Take Lee Priest for an example. His voice is relatively high, despite taking every PED on the planet.

If your voice is effeminate and high while relaxed, you need to work *within* your vocal range to speak a slightly lower tone, until it becomes natural. You'll find it isn't much of an issue if you stick within your range. If your range is limited, then you never had a deeper voice in the first instance. Period.

Alright, I get it. Thank you.
Could it be because in this period I started spending more and more time without talking, so that by not using my voice much, it changed?

Only in cases of serious NEETs, people who almost never talk to other people and never have to raise their voice above a whisper, and even then, mens voices don't regress to sounding like a chicks, they just get slightly high male voices.

You have to put the rose-tinted goggles away. Your voice was never sexy and deep, and your brother has a better voice than you.

>Only in cases of serious NEETs, people who almost never talk to other people and never have to raise their voice above a whisper
But that's exactly me.

>mens voices don't regress to sounding like a chicks, they just get slightly high male voices
It doesn't sound like a girl. It just sounds like that of a young boy.

>You have to put the rose-tinted goggles away. Your voice was never sexy and deep, and your brother has a better voice than you.
But I have videos showing that there's a definite change.

FOR YOU