How safe is starving

I'm 6'4 and 230 pounds chubby. How safe is it just to live off fat cells for a week?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What could go wrong?

Why bother with something so drastic when you're not even obese? Are you planning to starve yourself and then resume normal eating, so you return to your previous weight?

selfbump

I plan on starving till I'm at a normal weight. And then start lifting.

you'll lose weight faster if you just eat at a deficit

your body will start to shut down

don't starve urself retard ull be unable to function and ull lose weight slower than u normally would once ur body adapts

Just eat healthier/less while working out you fucking retard.

Alternatively put yourself in ketosis. Then you can eat however much food you like as long as it doesn't contain carbs. You can still eat a lot of artificial sweeteners so it really isn't that bad.

Ever since legion came out my diet went down the drain. I dropped 20 pounds in 7 weeks.

My lifts ironically went up. I guess my body was using a ton of calories maintaining that fat.

you can easily get by on low food if you stay active.

If you are planning on keeping the fat off you are going to need to come up with a plan that works long term. Starving yourself is stupid. You'll lose weight that you don't want to and be the very picture of skinny fat.

stop being a faggot and eat at a 500 (750 if you're edgy) deficit while lifting. starving yourself is only productive if you're bobby sands

Fasting is fine as long as you get electrolytes. Look at the fasting and leangains subreddits.

I'm 6'4 and 230 and look fucking juicy. Why not just lift?

I mean you can try, drinks lots of water and take a multivitamin. If you're working out you should probably eat.

At 230 at 6'4 I wouldn't recommend it because you're probably not super overweight. Not that I'd ever really recommend it.

Go download the rapid fatloss handbook.
Reread it ten times
Then try to follow it.

Go take a look at the people who've done it strictly and their success with it.
It works, but it is not an easy program to follow.

I'd just kill yourself instead senpai.

No but real talk that's fucking stupid. Your body will eat muscle more than it will fat. Just go high protein low cals and lift. Stop being a fucking bitch.

I'm 6'4 and started doing 1500cal/day last week.

Wanna be bros and lose our weight...t-together?

Fuck off you troll cuck. Growth hormone spikes from fasting curb muscle catabolism. The body will eat fat first and then muscle.

Alright ya fucking retard have fun starving yourself and being a fat fuck forever. How the fuck do you plan on keeping lean mass without protein you fucking dipshit? Enjoy being a fat shit head. Read up on nutrition

PSMF.

he is right, but, your body cannot catabolize fat nearly as quickly as muscles. it will often catabolize both muscle and fat to meet the energy demand, but even then, will fall behind.

there's a reason why you'll starve to death within a few days, aside from the increased pH levels due to ketone bodies.

>using a lot of calories
>to mantain fat

Just east less and lift more. Why torture yourself? Make the habits that will serve you long term.

Guys, what about if I ONLY eat tons of calorie-light vegetables for the micros (like broccoli, cabbage, spinach) and tons of whey protein, keep lifting (to stimulate muscules) and use stimulants to keep me going without energy drops?
This doesn't sound so unhealthy, don't you think this would result in an extremely fast weight loss?

ur not even fat fucko just do it right. ur body wont be "living off fat cells" itll eat ur muscles too and ur soul

Whatever you decide to do, you should start lifting from day one.

Also, I wouldn't fast for more than 72 hours. Consider doing a PSMF instead.

Don't do it OP. Tangentially related, but I've gotten a new job where I basically can't eat more than 200-400 calories until 1-2PM (I stuff my face whenever possible), and basically have to backload all of my calories later in the day.

It's destroyed my strength. Don't do it to lose a few pounds.

RIP

just fine. People fast for 30-90 days with no long term negative effects.

becareful with refeeding though, you can literally die going a week without food and then diving back into solid food. You need to ease back into solid food

Probably won't die but are likely to shit and puke and feel like shit.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Refeeding_syndrome

theres actually a significant chance of death if you do not refeed properly. In the study linked to that stat, its 1/14 died, 3/14 needed intensive care

>there's a reason why you'll starve to death within a few days
Oh great, another retard.

Just do a sever caloric deficit of 1600-1200 calories a day, with cardio. Take a multivitamin or two a day. Take animal-pak at least to cover any deficiencies.

If you can't handle the pressure just take clen or dnp. Good luck with the fat flaps of rapid weight loss.

The first week is rough, by the second you will feel like running down deer. Over all you should be fine, if you don't have heart problems.

Take it slow. You can always start eating again.

Just do keto OP

But if you want to starve yourself lookup water fasting. I went 20 days with no food just water before and made it.