How many of you fags have daddy issues?

How many of you fags have daddy issues?

Deep down, do you lift just because you're trying to impress your father?

It's okay Veeky Forums

Trying to impress roger estep

Personally I have none, but I can confirm that daddy issues are basically as legit and widespread among women as it is meme'd about. Every girl with pink hair, tattoos, long sexual history, and choking/rough sex fetish, they all have them. Normal, well adjusted ppl don't want those things and it is a red flag. Be forewarned.

My father is a transexual who didn't tell me I was a sperm donor baby till I was 17, does that count?

how about men? I find that the majority of bodybuilders are actually just trying to compensate for daddy's attention

this is purely anecdotal tho

What type of dad issues do thise girls have?

Considering bodybuilding competitions are essentially beauty pageants, I could see that

I'm already taller than my father.

I dont know my father or who he is, why would I give a fuck about his approval of me?

My dad's and alcoholic and abused me physically as a child and to this day he does it verbally. I don't mind it as much as before because I'm almost 19 and I'm not afraid of him anymore. It socks because he only dies this when he's drunk and I hate that he has this addiction otherwise we would get along fine.

i have a scoop of my dad's ashes with my whey so i can absorb his power in my gains

is this achievable natty?

Naw my dad is a normie who makes decent money and has always been cool with me. Was only hard on me when I started fucking up in the latter years of high school. Without him I would probably be a total loser. Tbh the day he dies will most likely be the saddest day of my life because I consider him my closet friend. No homo

It's part of it for me. I was never very good at sports. I couldn't hit or throw a baseball to save my life and gave up on it when I was 13. I was afraid of contact in peewee football, and when I finally got over that fear in highschool rugby I rode the bench due to being a lanky 160lbs, unable to take down anyone bigger than myself. I was never able to play hockey at a very competitive level, and during the last few minutes of a tie coach would always bench me. I even sucked at pool, and was ripped on by all the other players on my team. I just have never been very coordinated, never that weak or that slow, just couldn't do anything athletic.

On the other hand my younger brother was a great baseball player before he decided to quit and focus on hockey, where he was great goalie just like my father. My dad even served as assistant coach on his team, which was at a higher level than one I ever played at.

Now I am bigger and stronger than I have ever been since lifting in university, and when my dad hugs me he always comments on how "dense" I feel, or how he's never seen me skate with more power, and honestly I always have to joke around about "benching the whole gym" and "squatting ATG bruh" or I'll tear up.

But here's the thing. Here's the one thing that prevents me from ever resolving my issues. My brother. When he went away to university like me, he stopped sports entirely. And when he stopped sports he stopped eating just cause he stopped being hungry. He dropped 30lbs and went completely skelly to the point my parents worry about him. His athletic ability has also suffered. And know that if he had taken up weightlifting or continued sports, he would be so much better than me. I have never been able to step out of my brother's shadow and impress my father, his shadow has just gotten smaller. And I will never be able to reconcile that with myself.

I don't think I am trying to impress my dad with my body, if anything I'm trying to outclass my siblings with a better body.

I, on the other hand, do feel that I need to impress him in other ways, by making more money than him and then rubbing it in his face. I so much want to be richer than both my parents combined to show them that they were wrong/right about what I am capable of. So far, I'm in college, and I am doing relatveily well, but my degree is starting to become a hard battle with studying and shit, I've got 3 semesters left, so I'm in too deep to quit now.

Yeah I'd say it is. He looks about 12-15% that's not remotely weird. He's pretty bear mode but judging by the way his muscles sit on his bones I'd say he's a lucky one to be able to build that much mass natty without some Weight seeping in. Probably eats like s truck

My dad molested me and cheated on my mom with a dude so theres that.

is he cute?
>what did he do to you?

He looks like the average middle aged man. He has really good hair though.

>what did he do to you
Even though this is anonymous I'd rather not say.

I am sorry for your anguish.

I'm an actual homosexual and my father and I get along fine. If anything, he's a bit of a cuck.

My dad just wants me to go to school and succeed. I remember him telling me early in HS that I should try some sports but I never did. I'm not sure if it really bothers me that much, but what does bother me is that I took a WL elective in HS, and I wonder at this point what more I could have made of it if I had more productive programming like I do now.
I guess, if anything, I want to be like the me I could have been if I put more effort and structure in to my life when I was younger

My father was in prison for murdering someone over an ounce of cocaine. He told me to stop talking to him since he was a piece of shit and to listen to my step dad when i was 13 so I did. He was murdered in prison a few months ago.
Wouldn't hurt as bad if it wasn't for the fact that my real (step)dad has stage IV lung cancer and has decided to not go through any treatment.
I haven't lifted in a few months since all this has transpired.
Go back on Veeky Forums today and this is what i see. Fuck you guys.

Jesus

Nope, not me at least.
I aint really close with my dad at all, just a typical "cat's in the cradle" story. Nothing special.
He's a workaholic who doesn't spend a lot of time with his family, and so am I.

Guess that's not exactly Disney material, but it is what it is.

Can you (or anyone) explain why exactly girls who do stuff like you posted (liking to be treated like shit in bed, sexual histories, tattoos, etc) are indicative of daddy issues?

Is the sex stuff because it makes them feel like the man who is fucking them is being strong/in control like a father, and they are like a little girl?

I lift so I can take out my moms fat-ass boyfriend. He punched me, so know I am going to pay him back in full.

Daddy issues reporting.

Dad was an alcoholic asshole growing up. Never taught me how to do a single thing. I grew up basically as a numale. He yelled at me all the time for doing basic kid stuff.

Got anxiety, depression. I overthink everything and I don't know how to deal with authority and discipline. Some drug issues.

Every masculine figure I meet or see in the media becomes a father figure to me. I like when my boss compliments me at work because it fills a void that I never really had as a child.

Feels weird mang. Mom also moved out when I was 7 so I grew up without one of those too.

It's the mix of being dominated and being the center of attention.

I think that some of the roider Rich Piana type motherfuckers may be compensating for that but there's plenty of other things to compensate for. You might be onto something, men usually are motivated to succeed by the lack of a father figure.
Well there's a couple reasons. For one, if their father was sexually abusive (like one chick I was with), they really want it rough because it (in the words of a girl I knew) "made her feel like a person" or in other words, stops dissociative feelings brought on by her anxiety regarding sex (caused by the trauma as a child). For others, they might lust after a strong/aggressive partner to provide that assertiveness that was lacking when dad left/wasn't nice to them. Another reason these girls do some of this stuff (pink hair, tattoos, dressing weird) is to individualize themselves and kinda play into their own self image of being a rebel who doesn't give a fuck about the man sort of thing. Yknow the whole bullshit tumblr deal. Honestly I feel for these girls because a lot of this shit is really really messed up but it just manifests itself (at least with the tumblry shit) in some obnoxious ways.I always say that what you don't have as a child is what you chase as an adult and so if you see these girls doing this shit, it usually connects back to something that happened when they were young.

Did you cum?

>dad was a hopeless druggie
>when he couldn't maintain highs he'd become extremely abusive
>used to say that my mom was a whore and that I wasn't actually his
>called me a mistake and would go on rants about how I wasn't his
>spat in my face and threw me into the wall
>threatened to castrate me if I ever cheated on my gf if I ever got one, this was before I hit double digits in age
>the last one killed my ability to find sexual attraction in a girl and establish a relationship because if the inner fear he established in me when it came to relationships
>ran the dull end of a knife across my neck in the dark because I wanted to sleep on the couch in place of him
>would regularly threaten me with knives but never had the balls to act on his threats
>would have violent outbursts when people mistreated me in the slightest making it impossible for little league coaches to actually coach me
>regularly stole my bikes so I wouldnt get hurt
>fed me constant junk food
>made me grossly obese by instilling terrible habits into me, though I recovered once he went to prison
>used to get mad at me for not trusting him
>would become insanely jealous of other people in my life, especially a male role model who for all intents and purposes is an older brother to me

I've forgiven him, but he did a lot of lasting damage to me mentally, emotionally, socially, relationally, and physically which I'm still recovering from. Now he's cutting his losses and trying to salvage what relationship I allow him to have with me and he's honestlt making good steps.

Big Broanon really helped me pick up the pieces in my life and he does not feel bad at all that he's basically filling the role my dad was suppose to.

He's given me a lot of help with my social ackwardness and gives me advice about lifting and relationships. So I guess this is a good ending?

Obigaine m8.

I have a serious problem with my dad and we just don't talk but it turned out all this time he was right...
The fights we have had, fucking terrifies me. I went back home two months ago, standing and talking to him in the same room I lived for so many years, and treated my family like shit, and disrespected my dad, I learned as I got older that family matters far more than you think. I'm 28 now, I live alone and sometimes I miss those memories; however, the memories I have so many of them are me being cruel, disgusting, and a piece of shit. I treated everyone like shit when I was going through some things in my early/mid 20s, Those days you never get back, I have completely changed my life and am going down the a better path.

I now live, 1500 miles away from my family I saw my dad a few months ago, when he stopped by in a near by city, I drove down there and first thing I did was hug him. He thought it was odd that I hugged him, but honestly I was going through some bad things before I moved out of the house, and finally made it. I just hope, I can forgive myself

It's all about finding your groove and flowin with it.

When I was with my dad, I'd have to
collect bottles and go to soup kitchens with him for my food. Gettin pulled between them in middle school from city to city made me a neat recluse in high school. Still good with the ladies at time tho. There could always be worse..

dad died when i was 12. grew up with a single mother (still hasn't remarried), no male role model, and three younger sisters i had to try and look out for. kept being told i was the "man of the house" while growing up despite not knowing what the fuck that means (i still don't) and that my sisters all look up to me (they don't) and i needed to act like a good male role model for them.

i look exactly like my dad and every time a relative sees me they remind me of how much i'm like him and how proud he is of me from beyond the grave, despite the fact i'm a friendless loser working a retail job at age 23 and my dad was a fucking pilot in the air force and already engaged to my mom by my age.

and i turned out to be a homo on top of all that, but the spook of retaining some semblance of "manhood" (whatever that means) keeps me from ever getting close to another guy, despite how patronizingly accepting my mother is.

so yeah, i've got a metric fuckton of daddy issues.

>im 24
>father nearly 39 years old when I was born
>has serious anger problems and short fuse, blows up about the smallest things
>remember that as a kid I would be afraid of him picking me up from school if I did even small things wrong because he would scream at me, hit me, etc
>spent many years threatening mother with divorce and sleeping in guest room of our house
>all he does is nag and try to instigate fights with us
>he's incredibly selfish, hypocritical and basically just an all-around asshole
>when he would go away on business trips, me and my mom acted like it was a holiday we were so happy
>never taught me any basic skills like driving, shaving, talking about things, nothing
>would try to bond with him and do things with him and he would tell me to find friends to do it and stop bothering him
>I have literally never once seen him with a friend, although this isn't surprising because of how much of an asshole he is
>he does socially assholeish things to people and then tells us with pride, like he's happy for doing it

I completely absorbed his horrific personality and it factored into me being a complete loser now. Even though I still live at home, I literally cannot have a conversation with him and actively avoid speaking to him because since our personalities are so similar and abrasive, all we do is fight after exchanging more than a few words.

He left me a large investment portfolio which I appreciate, and yes, I do feel really bad that his only child, his only son, is a complete loser. But even though he wasn't overly abusive or an addict, it's been a pretty shitty life experience with him

I just realized today that I'll probably never be a father and that I'm a piece of shit.
I also realized that girls with daddy issues are sort of my thing. Like holy shit does that do it for me and I end up doing something akin to being a rapey sexually agressive asshole and overly protective and nurturing.
Which REALLY means that I'm probably not supposed to have children.
I think I'm happier as the crazy dumbass uncle who buys them stuff, fixes their stuff, and cuts and scrapes, and keeps them from hurting themselves.

Ah well. There's always suicide.

>tfw no dad

>grow up thinking I live in a normal house
>turns out my dad was an alcoholic
>the verbal abuse I suffered was not what other kids went through with their dads
> he would verbally abuse my mother in private, threatening her and calling her worthless

My dad let me believe that it was all normal. He would repeatedly tell me that my life was great because I had "a loving mother and father".
Now Im old enough to know better. He is a narcissist and will never apologize or admit he has wronged us. I don't think he even knows he's the bad guy.

Yes. I would classify myself as having "daddy issues".

I will never have the opportunity to have children but I would not want to bring another unhappy person into this world that I can't understand.

Retaining "manhood" would involve shedding the shitty negative attitude and setting out to make something of yourself, regardless of whether you want to fuck women or men.

Start today. Work with what you have and build more for yourself. Don't your perception of brightness in someone else's past dull your future. Choose inspiration over insecurity.

I life because I was over 300 pounds, called fat, laughed at, socially awkward, didn't stand up for myself, and a coward. It makes me feel confident, powerful, and, keeps me in shape.

Youre making way too many judgements on yourself based on things you can't change. I'm also very attracted to crazy women with daddy issues and don't want to have children. We don't need people having children these days. Find a girl who likes the same thing you do and isn't to crazy or irresponsible to live with. Stop hating yourself for things you can't change.

My dad left me, my mom, and my sister for a younger woman when i was around 5. I heard he was pretty abusive and hit my mom a lot. My mom dropped college to marry him so when she had to take care me and my sister it was tough. She drove a uhaul from california to florida and for years was a single working mom who just wanted us to go to school. Honestly I was pretty embarrassed to live such a poor life with a crappy car, no electricity/water at times and constantly moving because we kept falling behind on rent. Things got hard which led to a lot of issues. I will say it helped me not be judgemental and I guess I don't care what people think anymore.The bad side is i'm incredibly shy and don't know how to converse with people at times.
During high school my dad reached out to us after 13 years and we spent christmas together. He was quiet and distant. We didn't talk much but it was bad when he was being driven by my mom to the airport. I was told they got into an argument and he punched my mom in the face and she bled while driving. He tried to run but got caught and hes probably being deported. Now its been a year since I finished high school and I got a job while going to college. I don't really think much of my dad honestly except thinking of how much of an asshole he was.

I lift because I feel good. I like the little progress I make instead of doing nothing and feeling sorry for myself like ive done most of my life. I'm still a sad person and can't find anything that genuinely gives me excitment/happiness but I try my best to have fun when around people. Fake it till I make it I guess. So I guess I lift mainly to help me be happy with myself and then I can share it with everyone else so I'm not bitter and alone.

The story of my dad:

>Dad was always a big guy
>Dad drank every day, then he yelled. Never hit, but the threat was worse
>Always afraid of him
>Dreamed that I'd come home from school and he'd be dead
>Dad couldn't stop drinking, no matter how many times he tried to quit
>I grew. He shrank
>Mom left
>Began to drink himself into oblivion
>One day he fell and split his head open
>They stapled his head shut
>Was so out of it because of the booze he didn't even know he had staples in his head
>Months passed
>One day I said it's enough and got an ambulance to take him to the hospital
>I'm getting him into rehab and getting these staples out of his head
>We had to wait in the emergency room.
>Hours passed
>Dad wouldn't sit still. He got up to leave, over and over again. It got to the point where I had to physically grab him and drag him back to his chair and hold him down
>This is when I realized I was stronger than him. This is when I realized things were different. I was the man now.
>I learned I could be strong. Stronger than him.
>A few months later my brother and sister walked in on him and he was dead. The doctors hadn't remove the staples, they couldn't without his consent, same with rehab.
>We cremated him, and when we opened to box to spread his ashes many months later, the staples were in the box with him.

I cried for days then never shed another tear. I hold nothing against him and he doesn't effect me in any way, except for using his mistakes as my advantages. Now I follow a different path. I don't ever drink and never will. I know I have strength. I'll never give up.

On a side note, now I fuck girls and they call me daddy. I like their daddy issues. I have none.

4 u

ha, faggot!

>I like their daddy issues. I have none.

I love my dad, he's awesome
Sucks you guys have shit fathers

He just wanted to make his parents proud and the jews and niggers spit on his dream

My dad is absurdly proud of me no matter what I do because I always keep going. I lift because I weighed 340 pounds and didn't want to be that.

>I have none.

damn how the fuck do you forgive your dad after that?
My dad didn't work and was a drunk, I'm never speaking to him again, why bother,

>abusive dad
>beat him to bloody pulp at 16
>left home @ 18
>I am now 40 and pay random actors from community colleges to pretend to be his children/ relatives as he sits rotting in a retirement home alone after a similarly abusive mother died.
>I get a letter doctors think he has dementia and alzheimers
>double the rate in which the actors visit
> I spend around 2000/mo on these actors
>they probably dont even know what theyre doing

I sleep like a baby

my father died a month ago

>tfw

>oh he would be alright, it's just this problem he has
>need external motivation
>ISHYGDDT
>Not being honest about deepest troubles
Way to go user, keep lowering your self esteem.
>life goal: impress others
Nice self esteem there
you niggas need therapy ASAP or else you gon be yo daddiessssss

It was hard at times, but one of the big reasons he's the way he is is because of how unforgiving he was. I'm not gonna be like him, the hardest substance I'll ever use is coffee, and I will sacrifice my ego to let go of wrongs done to me every time.

I'm also a Christian, foregiveness is kind of a major teaching and I do take me beliefs somewhat seriously.

I admit i don't have any fucked up stories of my dad molesting me or something (i'm sure a lot of fit does) but...he just doesn't care i guess, it's like a numb feeling, i guess i'm kinda sad that he doesn't care but at the same time i'm thankful he's not a complete dick. And i still respect him

b-but won't therapy just tell me to put myself out there like I have been doing? I don't really need to vent. I don't think I'm a hateful person
It's not so bad. I had a girlfriend for over a year but she ended up leaving me 4months ago because college life. Lost my virginity to her and first girl I loved. I have a few friends and my coworkers seem to enjoy my company.
The only issue is trying to be more happy and wanting at least 1 really good friend to have a strong connection with

I lift to counteract the effects of a brain disorder that adversely effected the development of my muscles throughout my childhood. Mind you, I lifted back then for the same reason.

My dad died 8 months ago.
>Be me, 17, typical no strong father figure piece, not Virgin but only had six thrice when I was 13.
>Haven't seen dad in 10 years, raised by single mother, somewhat afraid of him thanks to the stories she made up.
>One day I get a message on Facebook.
>it's my dad.
>Meet up with him, he's actually a really cool guy, pretty much who I'd wanna be personality wise.
>Start becoming confident, few hook ups here and there, no interested in committing to a gf though.
>Realize it's actually my mom, not my dad, that fucked their marriage up and that she's the one who's fucking mental (probably BPD).
>Mom doesn't like the way I'm acting towards her but likes that I'm becoming more social.
>Shortly after my 18th birthday dad gets diagnosed with cancer.
>Docs don't know how long he has.
>Died in his sleep 2 months later.
>Start really seeing through the Shit my mom did and still does.
>Start getting really infested in lifting, nutrition and self improvement in general. And I don't mean those mental masturbation books and articles that have you feel good without actually changing anything or making you put in any work.
Go from squatting 135 to 315, benching 110 to 225 and deadliftifting 175 to 380 within 6 months.
>One day mom gets drunk and tries to take away my phone because according to her I was conspiring against her with my dad (can't make this shit up).
>Pick her up and throw her across the room, she nearly broke her arm landing on a table.
>Only live with her because she pays for my food and gym, I basically just get some education and collect my own income.
Not a daddy issue story in the original sense but fuck single mothers and the pussification of our society.

...probably.

I've lost close 100# since the start of the year. Got a gym membership so my weight has gone up some along with strength gains. Not once has my pops ever said anything about my weight loss. He doesn't know anything about what I do in the gym so that's whatever to me but the fucker can say

>hey, mijo good job.

Oh well he was kind of a crappy dad anyways. Onwards.

You sound like a Bulgarian numale on speed.

That's Aleister Crowley, right?

Incorrect. Wife had normal relationship with her dad, both parents still happily married, but is still into being choked out and slapped back into consciousness.

>Go from squatting 135 to 315, benching 110 to 225 and deadliftifting 175 to 380 within 6 months.
SS? Roids?
What routine?

my dad is fat nerd
I want to be better than him
i want to be ripped nerd

I haven't seen my real dad since I was 6 or so. I'm 21 now. I did grow up in a foster family afterwards, though.
I'm curious for my real father. I wonder how much alike we are, but he's apparently a nutcase unable to hold down any kind of relationship. I do want to meet him again, and I need to hurry. He's around 70 years old already.

no dad issues.
but damn fuck i love it when girls have them, just hitting it from behind and she calls me daddy, no better feeling desu

Of course I want to make my father proud. I think that a good son wants to do one of two things (or maybe both):

- Impress your father
- Kill your father

The worst kind of son is indifferent. Or he is indifferent because he has the worst kind of father.

>but he's apparently a nutcase unable to hold down any kind of relationship

Don't listen too much to what your mother says on these matters.

At least both of them cared about you. Eat big, get big.

The best fuck you is moving on user. Seems silly to hold onto those bitter feelings.

One time when I was like twelve my dad was drunk and said some shit like: "one day you're going to graduate from college and get a job and get married and start a family. Then you're going to come to me and say 'what do I do now? Should I lift weights?' And I'm going to say 'it's too late now. You should of done that a long time ago'

I guess that might have fucked me up a little.

My father is the only person I consider to be a bigger loser than I am. I lift because I don't want to turn into him. Sadly I think I am turning into him, but I'm fighting it as best I can.

Can relate. I'm not gonna spend a lot of time with my kids either, little shits don't even know shit.

SL 5x5 with some arm work and chin ups thrown in.
Dirty bulked at roughly 700 calories a day.
Natty, but while I haven't tested my test levels I know that my family on both sides has very high testosterone levels.
Both my mom and dad used to be bodybuilders themselves actually.

Yoram?

do it for them, guy

If anything I have mommy issues

>go visit parents in hometown
>mom always says "user you're getting too big!" When greeting me
>dad hugs me and whispers in my ear
>if only you worked your chest, son
>I bench 225

Daddy issues confirmed here

>Bulgarian

you are close, what makes you think i am bulgarian though?

My mother is dead, and she was just as crazy as he was. All the information I have on my father are from my own experience and that of my foster parents.

>impress
Surpass outright
He was a worthless father and I exist to be the REAL father I never had
That is, if I ever get past >tfw no gf

i understand the sentiment, but i've been trying to do exactly that for as long as i can remember. striving to be a good person, someone my dad and mom can be proud of, a person that my sisters can look up to, but i have nothing to show for it.

doesn't matter how hard i work or how many people say how proud they are of me, none of it matters because it's not my dad who's saying it. and trying to reconcile the fact that i'll never hear those words from him is what eats away at me.

it's strange. i think what says is kinda true. for a while i wanted to make my dad proud, but then i wanted to prove him wrong and show that i wasn't as weak as he said i was. there was this constant struggle back and forth from viewing him as my supporter and my challenger. but him dying makes it impossible to actualize either. i have no one to tell me they're proud me, but also no one to measure myself against to finally say i'm better than him. the father figure can either play an encouraging role or an antagonizing role, but with either option there's at least some form of motivation and a noticeable metric for growth and self worth. but with him gone, there's just a complete void for any motivation. the only reason i do anything is because killing myself isn't an option for the sake of my family.

sorry for the blogpost. just venting in the hopes maybe someone else feels something similar.

Seems you inherited his faggotness regardless.

My dad used to beat my mother and me severely for no reason. He's not even an alcoholic he's just bipolar and Turkish. I used to get beaten up at school, come back home and get beaten up by him as well as him degrading me, calling me a retard (when you're young and it comes from your father it hurts like fuck especially when he MEANS it) saying that I'm a worthless fuck etc etc

the longer I've cut all contact from him, the less I remember the bad scarring shit that pushed me to depression (diagnosed, not tumblr) though which sort of feels good but it also makes me feel as if I missed out on having a good father-son relationship, I never got to experience what kids do with their fathers as fun etc, my dad had a good sense of humour and he was a hard-working well paid man but I guess he just hated me and he's one of the only people who HAS to love me.

I suppose I'd like my dad to be proud of me, but we have an okay relationship so I wouldn't go as far to say i have daddy issues

Is it considered daddy issues if you are 95% straight but occasionally fantasize about being savagely raped by a man who gets off on hearing you moan in pain?

Asking for a friend.

I have some daddy issues that affect my confidence big time. He is a weird guy. Manic depressant but was a really good man to me growing up, just didn't instill any discipline in me. I can't blame him too much for his own issues, and it's not like he beat me or anything, just didn't teach me how to be a man.

I love my dad. He taught me how to hunt, how to fish, how to work with tools, how to lift weights, how to play sports, gave me good advice whenever I needed it, never hit me or my mom or sister, etc...

We built our cabin together. He sold me my first truck for a fraction of what it was worth. I had my first beer with him. We watch football together. We like the same music. Etc...

I don't know where I'd be without him. I don't even want to think about it.

How'd you wind up on Veeky Forums with all that going for you?

Got molested.

>tfw

To be honest, I see my father as the mountain I have to climb, my only goal in life is become a better man than he is.

Not me
I look up to my dad, he's a fucking super-genius.
He's got 5 degrees. (phd, 2 masters and some bachelors)

I'll never be as smart as him though. I'm kinda jelly.