What motivates you to go to the gym on Mondays?

I'd be a grumpy prick if I didn't exercise.

I just go on sunday so it's not a problem

Well I had to pick one day out of the week, and Monday seemed as good as any.

i don't depend on motivation to get things done

I just cry for about 3 hours and don't go because I miss the optimal time where there's no one.

Then I tell myself I'll go tomorrow but I inevitably never do, and the cycle continues along with my poor eating habits and failing out of college :)

I was like that 3 years ago. Shit fucking sucks.

Do you know of a way out?

Please tell me there's a way out

Please

Don't rely on motivation for anything. It is fleeting and unreliable. Discipline, however, is unyielding. Force yourself to follow through. Things are going to come up in life that get in the way of your goals but that's no reason to let them stop you completely.
Can't do a whole run? Do half of one. Don't have time to go to the gym to lift? Do pushups. Any action is better than inaction. Don't like the food you need to eat to meet your goals? Tough shit. A little discomfort is worth the change, and at the end of it you'll have a mind as tough as your body.

Discipline is the ultimate motivation tool.
Make yourself a set of life rules and don't share them with anyone. Abide by them and look forward to maintaining their principles.
Since none of you know me, one that I found which has made me much more motivated is to give those who genuinely need something. If you're hungry and low on cash, I got you.. go pick something out and I'll eat with you. If someone at work is having a stressful day, go home early yo.. I'll cover and nobody will hound you, I'll see to that. If I find a cell phone, I make it my mission to get it back to the owner and say no more than, "no problem."
It fucking feels good to make others feels good. And it has gotten me out of bed.

Discipline though, he's a tough fucker who will put you in your place if you let it. Don't fight against discipline. It takes energy away from you doing what you know you should be doing. You know what discipline wants you to do, don't fight against it. Don't think about how you don't want to do it, just do the thing you know you need to do. It sucks at times. It sucks real bad some times. Going to bed and being hungry happened sometimes and that sucked but now I know how to portion food and eat foods that keep me full and it doesn't really happen anymore. It's better.

Max effort lower day

Was the author of this attempting to reach meme levels of Aalewis
Brevity is the soul of wit, my god

Me.

I lined up a pretty good paying carpentry job with one of my friend's dads and dropped out. I told my parents that I was absolutely miserable and needed to take responsibility for myself and my actions. I told them to give me 6 months to move out on my own and if not to kick me out of their house. I also told them that if they disowned me outright I was just going to join the Army with an 11B contract and go as far as I physically could and most probably become a Ranger like my cousin...Worked carpentry making about 16 bucks an hour, worked out, and read books for a whole year.

2 years ago I got PT certs from NASM and AFAA and went to work at an amazing gym in uptown New Orleans. In 3 months I'll have enough job experience / pre-req hours to get my athletic training cert. I also plan on getting certified as a registered dietitian.

I literally couldn't be happier with my life now. I'm also making 56k a year at 25 years old without a college degree and engaged to my long time gf who just graduated nursing school.

tl;dr. Sack up and take responsibility for your actions

I like lifting. What I need is motivation to WORK on Mondays.

I bought a bodybuilder toy in Japan that I can pose in any form. Depending on what day it is, I make him do that compound lift and put him on my table as I eat my eggs and oats breakfast

Yeah man, lifting on monday gets me out of bed

It's the first day of the week so I can finally work not favorite muscle group again. For some reason I am addicted to squatting. It's the intensity and the fact that I'm filling in my jeans so well now after a life of skinny legs.

Forgot picture

I don't mean to sound gay user, but that's adorable

Lol, Monday is my rest day for a reason.

Trump

This.

I want to be friends with you. N-no homo.

Thanks. He can squat too

Nothing really, I can just go the next day if I miss out. Taking a rest every once in a while is good for ya

user I'm gonna need to know where I can buy one of these ASAP. What the hell are they called?

It was a capsule toy. No idea what they are called. Maybe try searching Japan capsule toy weightlifter?

i get a rest day on tuesday if i go today. and i like having a rest day on tuesday.

Definitely not a fucking whore covered in tattoos and with neon colored hair

Monday is restday, because I have a hard time getting out of bed on mondays.
smart right?

shit eyebrows

Please tell him to work on his form, the bar should be on his shoulders

He's working on it

>not atg
lol, shitty lift

I dont need motivation.

I like working out with my bros.

I lift at Tu-Th-Sa

what makes you think the pic was taken at the bottom of the squat???

I work a sedentary office job and need the excercise not to balloon up and get natty test.
I wanna be a sick cunt.
Diddylifts feel better than drugs 2 bee honest.
Lifting and excercise in general works wonders for mental health.
Motivating my gf to stay fit.
Can eat whatever the fuck I want and burn right through that shit (based lanklet genetix).

Gym crush is there.

The opportunity for more gains

Ayy aliexpress delivers as usual

I'll skip today :(

>2 pl8s
Ayy

The same thing that motivates me to go every day. Getting stronger.

>tfw when that caffeine is kicking in and your deadlifting heavy

Feels fuckin good senpai

>Donkey Kong lifting plates and not barrels
I'm disappointed

Honestly? Cause i love this shit. I love seeing a new vein slightly bulge up. I love chiseling away at my old fat self to reveal the sik cunt inside me. Shit, inside all of us. That's why I go on Monday that's why I go on Tuesday and so on.

I started /earlylifting/ 15 months ago and I feel so much better. Took at least 6 months to get used to getting up at 5 but now I feel bad when I DON'T get up early for the gym. After lifting I end up feeling great for the rest of the day, and my evenings are completely open now.

Just seeing that sweet progress after two days of eating and resting senpai

Even if there is no progress, I never understood people who dread mondays. Feelin fresh af and ready to eat the fuckking world

I need one for my desk at work to prevent my self from getting demotivated at the end of the day

The fact that I workout everyday so Mondays really don't mean shit to me.

Monday is a gym day

>4 toes

Tues-Thurs-Sat master race

Sun/Tues/Fri fools
Also hike and do hill sprints every couple of days

Discipline.

/thread

Because lifting is the only consistent thing i do and is actually something i enjoy doing. Also it is a super great way to kill my anxiety.

When it's 6:00am and I'm lying in bed and I really don't feel like going, I imagine some Nike commercial-type narration (preferably by Kobe Bryant or Lebron James) in my head about succeeding, and how I've got something the rest of them don't have–discipline. And then I picture a montage of myself doing all the exercises I plan to do. Usually works.

>I wanna be the very best

Theres a video someplace where arnold says when you think about cheating on your diet or routine think about your goals how that will affect your goals how you will feel after they are effected then decide if thats something you want. Motivates me to get to the gym or skip dessert.