Why do people bow their head when walking past you

Just a nod of respect and to acknowledge you're there I suppose
Why is this on Veeky Forums?

>that guy that looks up to avoid eye contact
>that guy who looks at you but doesnt talk to you to avoid any awkwardness
>that guy who always has to say hello to everyone

JUST stfu!

I'm 5'7

We've all become an anti social society.

or maybe that's just your point of view

Is it respect even if they keep they're head down while they pass me?

They rather look at the dog shit on the ground than look at your ugly face.

I didn't ask to be born

A downward nod is a sign of greeting/respect among men you autists.

kek

Lewlew!

I generally just walk towards them while looking at things around me, then when im like 10 feet away, I look them in the eye, and when they make eye contact, I nod and continue on.
If they dont make eye contact I just stare at them until they pass.
I never actually had problems with eye contact. If somebody was looking at me in school, I would look them directly in the eye until they looked somewhere else.
Looking people in the eye shows that you respect them, and also that they should respect you because you dont look away like a little bitch.

Lewwwwwwwwwis

Would you prefer the other way?

they accepted you as the alpha male. if i see a guy at the gym bow at me i pull him to the side tell him to kill it

People do that to me all this time when I walk past them, but I just keep my eyes forward since I'm an autist.

Is that rude?

I'm pretty sure if you saw me you wouldn't think I'm an alpha male

I call it the "bro nod". After i grew out a beard and gained 45 lbs as a lanklet skelly, this started happening more and more. Yeah, it's just a simple acknowledgement and is a good thing

>that guy who posts that guy greentexts on Veeky Forums
kill yourself

I'm sorry m8, it was just a joke.

Maybe, but I do the same, keep my head up.

I feel you look weak and submissive if you have to look at the floor to walk past somebody.

Like idgaf I'm not bowing to anyone

autism

I nod at people as a sign of respectful acknowledgement

>and when they make eye contact, I nod and continue on.
>If they dont make eye contact I just stare at them until they pass.
They can tell they're being stared at. It was their choice whether to make normal friendly very brief eye contact at the beginning, but they're less likely to look once you've been looking for a rude amount of time. It's a confrontation they assume isn't worth meeting. If you look away and back, they have another entry point.

>downwards nod
Just to acknowledge the presence of another human being
>upwards nod
To acknowledged the presence of a friend

so yeah it's just the common way of saying yeah i'm here, i hear ya, i'm not an autist who looks away or at the floor when another human being looks at me

also mandatory

underrated

The slight nod to a stranger, at least in the US, is like holding a door. It just says "I acknowledge your humanity."

Veeky Forums what do I do if I'm walking towards an attractive girl and we make eye contact. Do I say hi or fucking what. I'm above average with attractiveness but I'm somewhat spergy, I won't lie.

Seems natural

DELET THIS

>>that guy who always has to say hello to everyone
thats me though, it is common decency and be nice

Beam a smile.

lol why?

i just look at ppl when passing, why do you car?

I...what the hell is wrong with you "reee delet this" people? We're *not* supposed to be a containment board, I think. I come here to get away from the le' redditards.

Yep pretty much. Universal way to acknowledge another mans existence. Smile at women, nod at men, but only when you make eye contact

Nodding down is acknowledging someone's presence when you see them and they already see you

Nodding up means like "sup" or if they aren't looking or you're questioning their presence.

I've been noticing that older people are more open to this kind of casual nicety on the street

fucking snobby hipster shits look at me like I'm from a pedophile from mars if we have to cross paths

seriously what's wrong with them? has the vape juice poisoned their brains? God damn I hate smarmy people. Buncha rich cunts think they own the fucking world.

Fuck u frogposter

I focus on things in the distance when i walk last someone so i dont have to give a shit about their presence and pretend they dont exist

They smell dogshit and don't want to step in it, not realising it's just your shitty personal hygiene at fault.

I'm 5'5" so people don't really look at me. Sometimes they at least make an effort to walk around me like a table or chair which is a nice consideration.

Because they're Japanese

Tfw i'm looking at the birds and some fuckers think i'm avoiding eye contact.

I've really taken a liking to crows and magpies. They're pretty smart and it's nice to notice that they can remember my face.

trying to be polite and hide their laughter.