QTDDTOT

old thread over 300.

so ill start with this: can anyone post the image of the fit guy with all the compound excersises saying which excersise is for which area?

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/
barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Question, is it mandatory to keep changing routines?
dont people change routines mainly out of boredom?

like, if i keep increasing the numbers in a good intermediate routine based around the big coumpunds i can stay there for like say, a year, right?

posted after new thread

how do you guys estimate calories for things you eat at restaurants?

I ate a decent meat pie today and mousse for dessert, i'm thinking 800 cals for the meal but I have no idea. Don't even want to try to guess protein content

please reply lads:
after a workout, it takes 30~ minutes and then my muscles are feeling normal again, apart from being slightly weak. is this normal? even with intense workouts my muscles recuperate quickly. ty

How often are you eating at restaurants where this is an issue? Also, Google?

Yes

just guessing it once. I have a python script that I wrote myself to count most of my food intake and usually I have a REPL opened through the day on my laptop, so it's not an issue to count it. I try to eat similar meals though at least a few times and then maybe correct my guesstimations if I notice something wrong in my data

probably 1-2 times per week, not cutting or anything so it's not a big deal, just would be nice to have some idea of what i'm eating.

And it's mostly mom and pop restaurants so I doubt I would find nutritional info anywhere online

How do I get rid of my man boobs?
I'm 76kg at 1,72m and my cheat is kinda deflated. I'm doing a routine consisting of 10-12 reps followed by another 10-12 reps focused in another muscle (for example chest and biceps) and I also run 25-30 mins (~5,5km) 3 says a week.
I don't know what's the max I can bench but I can do 4 reps with 100kg.

>How do I get rid of my man boobs?
lose fat, simple as taht
cut to 10% body fat and they gone

CANADIANS

where do you buy your protein? Looking for the cheapest/most cost effective option

Costco. Also I've got the economic whey at canadianprotein.com which is cheap and tastes okay but mixes like shit.

wal-mart. It was on sale for like $20 a tub

going off this guy, how can you tell if your chest is just fat or if you legit have gyno? Is it impossible to know until you are a reasonably low bf%?

1. Is any and all backpain bad? My lower back is sore after I exercise, and I can feel it being strained while I'm exercising, but the feeling is in the muscle, and not the spine itself.
2. What exactly is the reason to do several exercises per muscle group? i.e. doing curls & hammer curls in one session.

most chain restaurants should have a printout with the nutritional info of their meals. some have it on their website, too

i buy mine at popeye's. when ordering online, plus shipping, it usually comes out at the same price, even from canadian companies

i should say that it feels like it's just in the muscle

if you have gyno, you will feel a hard mass behind your nipple. this is the mammary gland that they would remove during surgery (breasts aren't just made up of fat)
pic related is what they take out, though it's usually not nearly as much as you see here

I have done strength training for like 3-4 years and want to try a body building split to put on more size and get leaner.

My squat and dead lift are decent at 190kg and 250kg DL, but my upper body lifts suck, and suffer from baby arms at 15".

I'm a bit sick of strength training 3 times a week, and want to try out body building to build up my upper body more. I'm currently 6ft 90kg 15% bf.

Any advice on routines?

What is Veeky Forums's opinion on pic related?

I don't even know what it's called but it vibrates really fast and could possibly be capable of time travel.

Some guy in the gym told me today it's the key to all kinds of gains

Forgot pic

any idea on price/size?

depends on how big that tub is I suppose

i'll shop around though

top tier isometric contraction

there are version of this where you can do certain types of lifting on and it will improve squat/press/deadlift performance by a little.

It's called a Cosmic Treadmill, it lets you break the laws of physics (i.e. lets you make gains just standing there, lets you travel through time, etc.)

Handy tip
Is it a barbell/dumbell?
If the answer is no it's a chick thing aka gimmick you should avoid at all costs

I'm doing SS and I know that as a natty my shoulders are going to start lagging really quickly, are there any good accessory shoulder exercises I can do every workout/every other workout to combat that?

>any idea on price/size?

Of what?

like a tub of protein that weighs X sells for Y

From where?

costco

Like $20 5/bs

I work as a cook and some days after work( even the day AFTER work) I'm too tired to go to the gym. Should I still good and do much lower weights? I'm not sore just exhausted

is keto worth doing over calories in calories out with balanced macros or is it a meme?

>I have stopped making LP probably due to being on a cut to lose weight. Weight is falling off. I tried all the tricks to milk a few more noob gains and got some, but now I'm on to intermediate land.
>
>I'm doing HLM like this.
>Mon: Squat 5rmx5x5, Bench 5rm5x5, Deadlift 1x5
>Wed: Squat 80%5rm5x3, Press 5rmx5x3, powerclean 3rm90%3x3, chin-ups 3xf
>Fri: squat 90%5rmx5x3, Bench 90%5rmx5x5, PC 3rm3x3
>
>Add 5 on the next Monday if I do it all and swap bench for The PressĀ® Every week. Heavy day will lose sets over time.
>
>I may add some rows and grip work once I get settled on this.
>
>Is this any good?

If.someone with 240pounds lose 7 pounds in a month.is this ok or too litle??

Thanks m8

Sore = okay
Sharp Pain = you fucked up
It depends, do you want gains or not?
How tall are you? Generally it's advised not to lose over 2lbs a week, but if you're in the obese range you can exceed that, without a drastic cut.

pls respond

I asked this in a previous thread, but then old thread was gone by the time I checked back, so I dunno if I ever got an answer

Doing both chin ups and dips every workout while doing SL, yay or nay?

Are 2kg dumbbell exerises a waste of time. Arms look a bit more defined after two months but I assume you wont progress any further.

It works and most people don't even count calories on keto because you feel more full off of less

I have really started to think about stepping on the roid train for a while now.

Is it really worth it?

question:
recently graduated, gonna live with my parents until university. how do i eat healthy when my family eats like your average overweight American family? side question:
if possible, how do i convince my family to try and eat better?

good upper leg muscles to lose weight? I get teased for having a big ass

Dips on press day

Chins on bench day

Prolly fine to do that

Cool. Thanks.

That's actually what I used to do before, but then I tried a beginner BW routine which had you doing chins and dips every workout, and I liked the results I was getting so I kept doing it even after I gave up the BW and went back to weights.

But since I am lifting weights again, I wasn't sure if continuing to do both as I have been would have negative consequences.

I'll prob split them up again and try weighting them

Knee really hurts from standing all day for job. Do knee sleeves or whatever help?

they will at least help a little, but you should also consider your posture, if your flat-footed, etc.

My back bothers me from time to time. Am I better off doing seated or standing OHP?

Is reddit's ppl a meme?

reddit.com/r/Fitness/comments/37ylk5/a_linear_progression_based_ppl_program_for/

>picrelated
is this just a meme or is it actually good for you?

:(

I'm a 5"7 manlet (almost 5"8 but whatever) I weigh 155 so 24.3 BMI and I'm doing starting strength.

How many calories should I be taking in, in order to cut fat and gain muscle? I've been eating 3,000 and I have no idea if that's enough or too much

I read the sticky but I'm still unsure, thanks guys.

The amount of gains will probably be the same. Standing OHP simply just implements more core and seems like an "official" lift.

155lbs that is

google TDEE calculator

should I say that I'm doing moderate or heavy exercise?

Dumb as fuck question I know but I'm just making sure

QUESTION

I'm on a routine that does pyramid sets 5x5 for main lifts. On my 4th set of squats, which was after my heaviest 5rm set, I felt my quads (mainly the teardrop area) in a strain-ish pain. This rarely happens but it ruins my whole workout and I had to do isolated hamstring exercises for the rest of the hour. It felt like my thighs were gonna explode. I don't know what to look up on Google for this problem. I'm thinking this is either improper stretching or warmup, but I want to confirm.

Pic related it's me
6'1 203lb

barbellmedicine.com/potpourri/584/

apologies i am new what are front squats and should i do them?

dies this seem about right?

forgot image

fuck okay heres the right one, does this seem right? I did heavy exercise because I'm assuming starting strength is considered heavy exercise

If I'm scraping the shit out of my shins deadlifting does that mean my form is shit?

What do I do when I hit my goal weight?
I'm coming from a fatass, I've got another 30 or so lbs before I'm at my goal weight, but I'm not sure how to progress from there

you should be scraping your shins when you deadlift, but there are other indicators for shit form. (hip raise, obvious back rounding, etc.)
post a form video if you're really worried, but scraping shins is normal, so just wear some pants or long socks next time you deadlift.

Most of the time when calculators ask for exercise and not goals they mean carido. As lifting weights itself is not a great way to burn calories. However growing new muscle takes that 500 surplus. Honestly if your gonna do SS just eat 3k and if you stall on your lifts super fast you need to eat or sleep more.

if you mean good excersises to lose fat in your ass. there is none

you cannot choose where you burn fat, genetics does that for you. you can only choose how much you burn

keep burning and eventually youll get there.

your other option is to go with an ass fetishis like me, ill fuck your pussy raw

alright cool thanks man

Just fend for yourself and dont eat your meals with them unless they would like to try your cooking. Tell them your goals.

What app you guys use to track lifts?? I can't keep track of how many sets I do because I'm an idiot

can a rotator cuff tear heal if ice it and train shoulders smart ?

also if I'm prone to shoulder injury is it okay to not let the bar hit my chest while benching? buy still go for 90 degrees

Having trouble deciding if I should go to the gym tonight. It's supposed to be a leg day, but after doing a lot of lifting and running last week, I still get a sharp pain in my hamstring when I touch it in certain areas or move in ways that put more strain on it than basic walking/sitting down. It feels different than DOMS.
Gym tonight y/n?

go, hit light weights if you feel sharp pain take a break. trust me injury is the worst

I'm 6ft and I just bought 1.5 inch lifts to give me a charismatic advantage at my new job. How should I feel about this?

what shoes should i be working out in? been just using a pair of running shoes but they have a fair amount of padding in the heels which i feel like might be throwing off my squat

squats 5x5
deadlifts 5x5
standing calf raise 5x10
leg raises 5x10
incline sit ups 3x20

is this too much for my back? how to fix?
only doing this for mondays

If you keep progressing, and aren't bored, there's no need to change the routine.

19M, 5'11 195lbs. I've been training for ~9 months, SL/ICF then switched to a 6 day PPL about 5 months ago. My current lifts are:
Squat: 275 3x5
Deadlift: 365x5
Bench: 185 3x5
OHP: 130 3x5
My question is, my lifts are starting to stall, and I'm not seeing the body I'm aiming for because my BF% is relatively high.. Should I switch to something like 5/3/1 for compound lifts and eat on a slight deficit? I'd like to keep the 6 days bc depression gains. Thx my dudes.

what does fit put in their protein shakes besides water or milk?

why work out mwf instead of just working out every other day?

Whats this for?

I followed this PPL with only a few minor changes and saw extremely good results after just 2-3 months.

MWF (or any other variant like TWSa) is a consistent 3 day a week schedule and for a lot of people who have tight windows to work out they can only fit in a trip to the gym on certain days which need to be consistent.

An every other day scheme is actually a 3.5 days/week plan and those days alternate each week. If you want a little more work than 3x a week and can handle the days changing then by all means do every other day.

If a routine says something like Pull-ups or Chin-ups or etc.
Does that mean do a different one each week or pick one and stick with it?

How often should i progressively overload?

Small increments. Usually full plates are ten pounds and that is 5. You put it on top of the stack.

Alternatively, you can tie it to your dick when you do cock flops for reps

no lifting, just legs. Rest for a week or two and just do shoulder rehab with no weights then stretch. Just google it

no, don't use knee sleevs. You're just overworking. Did you just start working 40 hours a week your first week? It's just overuse, you need to cut hours or some shit. Try doing leg lifts on the bed and then stretch. I wouldn't do leg days either because you're using your legs all day for your job

I would stop deadlifts for two weeks. After week one I would do some lower back stretches. It should go away automatically just from skipping diddlys. Also do piriformis stretch. Lower the weight when you go back.

lifting is boring

Losing leg mass aside from sitting around for years?

I honestly don't like how thicc my quads and ass got from years of oly lifting.

Is it worth switching from SL to PHUL if I don't have 1/2/3/4 yet? Can I still get there if I continue to bulk and do PHUL?

>2. What exactly is the reason to do several exercises per muscle group? i.e. doing curls &
>hammer curls in one session.
More volume = More Growth
However, if you're doing a full body routine and just wanna implement assistance exercises for growth if certain muscle groups, I'd put frequency over volume. For example, if you wanted to emphasize lateral delts and you're doing a program like starting strength you could add lateral raises on the bench day and nothing on the overhead press day as the overhead press hits the lateral delts on its own.

is ZMA really better than just taking a multivitamin with zinc, magnesium and B6? How? Why?

Is creatine worth it? I dont like bloated/water muscles, I prefer a veiny/skin-tight look. Is creatine rage real?

Are my legs fucked up for life now?

I had some kind of weird inner thigh injury from biking, and it never really went away. I describe it as a burning, tingling sensation whenever I move my right leg in a pedaling motion, and it gets worse as the exercise continues. Whenever I just stand in place and lift my leg to my chest for a few minutes, the pain will return in full force. The doctors do not know what this is, and I can't bike or run because of it. How am I supposed to do cardio or leg exercises?

If you slept 2 times a day (say 4 hours each time) instead of sleeping once for 8 hours straight would you get less, the same, or more gains?

Why am I such a fucking lardass. I hate myself

homegym fag here.
What downsides are there to breaking up workouts?
eg.
>exercise 1
>Do some dishes
>exercise 2
>Feed dog
etc

>6'3, 28m, 25-26% BF, 235lbs
>cutting at round 1000-1300kcal a day
>doing stronglifts (3x5, not 5x5) to retain strength M/W/F
>can run 5k in 27 mins
>can run/walk 10k in an hour

hoping to run a half marathon in 15 weeks, what's the best plan for me and can I keep up the strength training?

you can keep strength training, but in this case cardio will actually kill your gains
distance running is the "bad" kind of cardio

Thanks -- can you elaborate a bit on how it's bad? Is doing it once a week at over 60min going to cause that much harm?

If I am eating at maintenance and doing ppl can i still do cardio (2-4 miles 3 times a week) without sacrificing strength? I found myself doing poor on my lifts but when I stopped running for 4 days and took 2 rest days I was able to hit my normal lifts again

Should i be eating more if I include cardio and if so do i just increase carb intake?