How many officefags here?

How many officefags here?

People aways say that sitting all day is terrible for you, even if you work out every day (which I do). But getting up every half hour and exercising for a few minutes in a sea of cubicles is pretty fucking unrealistic.

How does Veeky Forums wageslave without dying?

I tend to get up every hour or two for a glass of water or tea. I casually stretch my arms/back/wrists at my desk whenever I feel the need. On and off, I make an effort to spend some time engage my core and legs while sitting to relieve my lower back and keep muh gainz (though obviously not for extended periods of time or anything). I sometimes do some inconspicuous leg stretches under my desk while sitting.
I'd like to spend lunch up and walking more often, but the area around the office is pretty fuck ugly and there's quite a bit of an 'eat at your desk' culture.

None of this is regimented, I'm just rattling off observations, and I don't know if they make any difference. But since I'm thinking on it, I aim to make it more of a general priority rather than just shit I do when I feel the discomfort.

So anyone else do shit? Got knowledge?

Other urls found in this thread:

backfitpro.com/lumbar_support.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I work in an office full of cucks, fatties and insecure fuck alls. I'm just there for the pay and everyone knows it. I don't like majority of the people there but I'm too good at what I specialize in for anyone to do anything about it so they can all fuck off.

I'm a lawfag and I finally managed to get my own office in June this year. First thing I did was to put a standing desk for my laptop in one corner.

Still sitting while talking to clients, but I do all my work standing.

>getting up every half hour and exercising for a few minutes in a sea of cubicles is pretty fucking unrealistic
The day you stop giving a shit what other people think will be the day you make it. Can't you get up and walk to somewhere else?

How is this relevant?

Ignore them. It's retarded

>Dude don't sit, just stand on your feet all day somehow!

And do what??????

It's not compatible with life. And if you do a physical labor job you'll have joint problems from repetitive strain which will be worse than "muh sore back sometimes"

You don't have to do a workout every hour, just stretch your legs. Walk to the parking lot, use the stairs and do your regular workout in the evenings. It's what I do

And sit straight up, don't use the backrest. That makes a world of difference.

If you're not afraid, see if you can get a standing desk. It will require some getting used to but it is much better for you in the long run.

It's not. Just a vent.

Buy yourself a wedge cushion, one of the worst things about sitting all day is the tightening of the hip flexors, but if you're sitting with your hips higher than your knees, then you significantly reduce the chances of that happening.

Just buy a yoga ball to replace your office chair

Lol, fatty detected.

But I keep my chair low so I'm not looking down at my screen

do both, it's still better for your posture.

Instead of smoke brecks i walk around the office or strech my office is acutually super cool. Its a SW office so mostly woman and i think only a few run or zumba.
I thaught of a stand up desk but we have privacy issues hench our cubicals so i just get up when my arse hurts for like 4 minutes.
Just work out before or after work

What kills me is that every other day the gals bring in cheap store bought pastries that i have partaken in cuz my desk is right next to the community kichen im getting better thoue. Eating before work helps.

No help from me sorry.. im sitting 10 hours in the Office... and when not, im fucking sitting in my wheelchair... fuck me!
But wait, i look good, not ripped but pretty good. Well siting may not be the baddest Thing that can happen.
If you Train every day, then you should look utleast very good!

natty human resting position

how autistic do you have to be to work like that?

Once you get a job you'll understand how it might look bad if you're leaving your desk 16 times a day.

>me the chair

It's true though

That actually looks pretty comfy, and good posture too.

OP just drink enough that you have to pee about every hour, take a minute to stretch in the bathroom and then go back to work.

This, i do hip flexor stretching, touch my yoes at my cube. When i use the bathroom i stretch there too.
Just do some foam rolling at home and stretch there too and you should be good.

I just made my company order in a €2000 chair cause I lied about having back pain. Fucking comfy. Worked at an office + gaming at home for 12 years with no issues.

I'd say the real issue is people relax their abs while sitting and working.

>relaxing abs while sitting
Good way to end with a gut by your 30's. Also, it isn't only theabs at work, but also the little muscles sustaining the organs.

What chairs activate your abs while sitting?

None, do it yourself. Clench the muscles.
Doing it also helps with posture while walking, helps you walk more upright, so you'll be safe from looking like a fucking hunchback when you're 60.

Got it, I have a shitty core so this is nice

backfitpro.com/lumbar_support.php

Check out Dr. Spines website, lots of great info

"and everyone knows it". Everyone knows you're a douchebag I can at least tell you that.

m8, I'm a certified slav and I can tell you, it's impossible to stay in this possition for too long. Your legs get will get numb as shit. There is no blood flow because of legs bent at the knees.

Do these things really work? If so I might be able to convince HR to buy me one, but if they don't actually improve your sitting posture I won't bother.

Same here. Work as a SysAdmin.

The best purchase (and a requirement in every job i land) is to get a monitor stand with height regulation. Keeps your neck and back straight.

Additionally, get a better chair if you can. Both things help and It's no good to cut costs on your health.

That chair looks too Weird thought to have clients come in, if your an in internal office tho it would be okay. Never tried it but heard it "just works" I would rather buy one of those back straps that attach to a strap on your knees so you can pop it on and off and still look profesh

Look at the angle of your Hamstrings + Hip flexors

FUCK NO

You leave your desk job and go on a blue collar job like a man

Just stretch after your workouts. I sit all day, but I'm completely fine. I'm sure this only applies to normies. I did play sports in high school and my first year of college but I haven't done athleticism since that year and it's been 5 years and I can still touch my toes and do all kinds of stretching just because I do my post workout stretches. If you want try to get a standing desk. It's good to stand and sit 50/50 of the day.I still sit 80% of the day and I'm fine. I can touch my own toes, I can suck my own dick, and can pull my shoulders back far.

I have a jump rope and do about 10-15 minutes of jump roping in the middle of my work day. I hung up a punching bag to get up and hit every once in a while. Stretch twice a day, foam roll.

I feel like I'm getting conflicting information here.