How do I fucking get strong?

How do I fucking get strong?

Lifting for 2 years now, my lifts are fucking abysmal, I'm weak as shit. 6'1, ~180lbs.

Honestly, can someone post a full explanation of what I have to do to get stronger?

What I do right now is just a PPL routine I found on reddit and everyone says it's good, but I've been on it for like a month and I can't even add 5lbs to any of my lifts.

I eat around 3500 calories daily, I make sure I get a lot of protein and I take creatine, vitamins, BCAAs, L-glutamine and I try to drink less than three times a month.

Nothing is improving though.

Bench is 80kg 5x5
Can't squat cuz knee is kinda fucked, scared of destroying it
Deadlift is 150 kg 2x5
OHP is 55kg 5x5
Dips 25-30kg 3x8-10
Pullups with 10kg 5x5

Like I'm genuinely considering suicide because of this.

Bump for interest

Eat more.

Try any of these
1. Take a week off
2. Deload
3. Reduce volume: 5x5 -> 3x5
4. Reduce overall volume of workout
5. Stretch and become more mobile.
6. More carbs centered around your workout.
7. More protein.
8. Sleep more.

this
also make sure you're doing full rom

To add to this.

9. Make sure your form is correct. It's easy to have trouble breaking through when you're doing the lift wrong.

>Can't squat cuz knee is kinda fucked, scared of destroying it

you're a fucking bitch, that's why you're not improving

have you tried being a man and strengthening your mind, your muscles are surely capable of way more than that but just based on that quote i'm 100% you're a bitch and quit too soon when things get rough

I like focus on my ROM so much now it's ridiculous.

I've been doing paused bench for like a month, my deadlift is on point. I thought it was my form holding me back, but I feel like my form is close to perfect.

Took a week off, came back overall weaker I'd say.

Can you explain exactly what "deloading" is?

>3. Reduce volume: 5x5 -> 3x5
With increased weight?
Reduce volume forever or just for a couple of weeks?

>4. Reduce overall volume of workout

There's not that much volume in my workouts.

>5. Stretch and become more mobile.

I do, every single day.

>6. More carbs centered around your workout.

What do you mean?

>7. More protein.

Literally 200+ grams of protein every single day.

>8. Sleep more.

8-10 hours every single day. Massive cup of black coffee every morning etc.

still fucked.

>Like I'm genuinely considering suicide because of this.

to add to this you really think you can kill yourself when you're too afraid to even squat because your knees are "kinda fucked"

lol

If you can deadlift then I don't understand why you couldn't squat lowbar.

Deload is taking 10% off your working weight and then working your way back up by adding more weight like you were doing before.

Reduced volume with the same weight.

More carbs around your workouts as in have more carbs before your workout so you dont feel like shit during your workout and so that you have enough energy to get through it.

>Lifting for 2 years now, my lifts are fucking abysmal, I'm weak as shit. 6'1
>6'1

Well you arent really made for weightlifting but your lanky rom might be useful in more practical sport like table tennis or swimming.

Good luck in life user

knee pops

Deadlifting is okay because if I fuck up a deadlift I can just drop the weight.

Squatting is literally fucking going to slam me into the ground.

I don't actually think those lifts are too bad. Not stellar but decent enough. You'd probably stronger if you squatted but you don't so that's that. But you're lifts aren't too shabby, I think you've been listening to estatters on Veeky Forums too much. If you're finding yourself stalling a lot now try increasing volume, especially on upper body lifts.

My knee's pop too but they don't when I push my hips back and squat so that my ankles stay more upright. This is essentially how you lowbar squat. If you're concerned with getting slammed into the ground then you should squat in a squat rack with safety bars like a sane person.

I would suggest he train for hypertrophy for a while. Pack on some more mass, then program it for strength. Just food for thought, not saying your wrong.

sounds like you're not bracing your core or engaging your glutes. You need to make the squat more controlled and you will have less stress on your knees. In fact you wont even be feeling it in your knees.

I think you're right. Honestly he just needs to change his workout routine. Whatever works best for the guy since everyone is different.

>2 years
>Bench is 80kg 5x5
>Deadlift is 150 kg 2x5
>OHP is 55kg 5x5
what the fuck

Warning your gains will go through the roof:

Lift after fasting 14+ hours (the more the better)

Eat 6+ eggs a day

Dont eat any grains

OP, I was gonna post my own thread or in a CBT but it looks like you kinda have the same problem as me. I'm wondering specifically if it's due to squatting entirely too much.

Background: I've been lifting for >4 years (started 18, now 22), but non-seriously for most of that time. Started with SS and more or less stuck with it because it was simple, consistent, and hit all the major compounds, but mainly also because I never got to 1/2/3/4 or thereabouts. So I've been pretty much stalling at the following weights since T+6months after I started and using the jim as just my steady exercise routine rather than a conscious progression thing:

All in lbs for 3x5
115 OHP
155 Bench
245 Squat
285 DL (probably could do more but idk whatever)

I have been drinking & dipping (baccy) harder than ever on the weekends, all this semester, BUT I can recall multiple times when I was hungover like "fuck it, I'll go to the gym" and had a great lift, way better than midweek. SO I think the problem might not be so much that I'm not getting enough rest (by drinking & drugs & staying up late) but that I'm stressing out my lower body too much with squats EVERY SINGLE WORKOUT. Only reason I think so is because my form has deteriorated a lot over time, it feels harder & harder to maintain a symmetrical load across the hip flexors and such in both legs. Plus I tend to feel pretty good when I take time off, which has lead to me skipping the gym a lot more recently if it's convenient. I still feel good after I lift, especially deadlifts, but squatting is hard af.

Is this literally just because of the SS squat meme? Should I switch to something, anything else at this point? I literally only today thought "most experienced lifters don't squat every single workout" :/ and that that might be part of my problem.

Yea man at this point if i were you I'd switch to a different program if you've deloaded and cant make progress. try 5/3/1

You're eating plenty make sure you get loads of complex carbs and fat too. If you're doing 5 reps for 3 or 4 sets that's fine too. Have you tried deadlift once a week with rows and bench, the second session could be a strongman based carrying or loading and throwing, the 3rd session could be overhead, bench and chins?

apart from deadlift those lifts are reasonable places for beginner lifting to end (but you are definitely a genetic dead end no doubt about it).

I'd also recommend eating more. if you still look like that after 6+ months of lifting you haven't been eating enough. every fucking skinny guy you meet will cry about not getting stronger when they blatantly could do with just eating a ton more.

Increasing strength is done by lifting very heavy weights where you can only manage 3 or so reps and each day you increase the weight

This is baby shit user. Read the god damn sticky.

>PPL
That's where you went wrong lad.

kek

Why the fuck would you reduce volume on an already low volume beginner program? Increase volume. Increase your work capacity.

If you don't want to do deadlift. Your only option is hand stand push ups.

wow this

only good response in this thread

do more volume and eat like the man you want to be not the twink you are