Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums.

I've been lifting regularly for about 1 year now, and I've started deadlifting for about a month.

I'm still a newbie doing the exercise so I'm focusing on adquiring the right technique so as no to hurt myself, carefully watching myself in the mirror and with little weight.

Had been doing fine so far but today I was lifting 40 kgs and in the second rep I felt a stinging burning sensation in the area marked in the pic. I felt really worried so I stopped right there. Do you have any ideas what could have happened to me before I decide to go to a doctor?

Also gym injuries stories thread I guess.

40kg? 88lbs? Including the olympic bar being 45lbs? So you had two 25s? Pardon me for being fucking retarded.

Sounds like a hernia/the beginnings of one.

Sometimes I feel pain in that general area, I believe it's my abdominal muscles working, though I never felt it until 2 plate.

How does the area feel?
Could be a hernia

Pardon me, 40 kgs plus the olympic bar being 20 kgs, so 60 kgs (132 lbs)

I don't feel a bulge in the area, it isn't swollen either and it doesn't hurt when I press on it with my fingers, it just hurts when I do the exercise.

hernia feels like there was a tissue in your groin and it kinda ripped inside you
it doesn't hurt at all, the area just feels as if someone put their hand on that part and gently pressed down

I don't think it's a hernia. I had the same problem recently. What you need to do is get a foam roller and work on loosening up your hip flexor.

What I felt was a pretty intense pinching burning sensation. It was bearable but I got pretty worried. After I experienced it I kept doing abs and other exercises (but stopped deadlifting) and I never felt the sensation again... at least for now. Do you think that I should rest from deadlifting for a while or should I directly see a doctor?

That makes me much more calm thanks. Will rest from deadlifting for a week or so anyway. When I come back I will lower the weight pay attention to what you just said. I still think I may flex my back too much, mainly because my hips muscle aren't that strong yet, which may cause pressure in my lower ab area.

Can you still squat?
Could be a hip flexor/psoas strain, as they run through that area. People usually injure them on squats though, not deadlifts.
Do you have anterior pelvic tilt?

i'd try one more thing before ditching diddlys (well, 2 actually)
1. try taking a piss before your workout. i mean literally go and take a piss. i had the same shit and went to a doctor and he said it was something about bladder being in a weird position when you bend repeatedly (and i was fat so it wasnt helping) and
2. try doing diddlies from an elevated "platform". (take two 45lb plates, put them on the floor, and prop the bar with the weights on it (pic related). you may be tight in the hips which puts something under more tension.

gl op

I can still squat, I have a slight anterior pelvic tilt which I'm trying to work on fixing yes.

Will try your method next week. Ty very much for the advice!

holdup what's your squat. It shouldn't be hurting if you're already squatting 250...you are squatting 250 after 1 year r-r-r-right

you should take a break. You got tendonitis

Sadly I only started training my legs regularly about 4 months ago, currently squatting with 132 lbs aprox.

Will do, thanks for the advice!

Had the same issue.
The pain is the muscle tearing from the pressure.
Lower the weight for a while, stretch every day (like yoga), and work on strengthening your transverse abdominus. One easy way to do that (aside from twisting exercises) is when you squat or deadlift or do bent-over-rows or ANY stomach workouts, suck in your belly button area and flex it to activate and strengthen your transverse abdominal wall. Having your belly pop out while you work out de-activates your core stomach muscles and makes them weak (even if your glamor muscles, rectus abdominus, are well-formed).

But also, remember to relax your stomach and breathe deeply when you're not training. ;)

>1 year lifting
>40kg dead
Pics OP

>I've been lifting regularly for about 1 year now, and I've started deadlifting for about a month.
>I've started deadlifting for about a month.
>deadlifting for about a month.

reading is hard, isn't it

>claims to have picked up and put down heavy things for the past 12 moths
>can muster as much strength as an adolescent girl
Also no other excercises develop hamstrings and spinal erectors and OP's numbers aren't ridiculously low.

OP Here, I clarified in previous post that I'm deadlifting with low weight to train my technique, so as not to hurt myself...

Had that problem too. In my case it is a trigger spot location. Pretty much set your core and rub it/hold it towards your illiac crest. Hurts like a dick up the ass

Used to get the same. "Sports Hernia" or something, where the muscle is slightly damaged but not an actual hernia.

Physio had me do crunches and flutter kicks, no extra weight, multiple timea a day for high reps. Pain went away after about two weeks.