Dumbbells or barbell bench?

faggot

you probably voted clinton

faggot
I keep falling for this shit

Barbell. Barbell exercises are always better

>Barbell. Barbell exercises are always better

Why?

Even rippetoe says that dumbbell bench press is better.

Dont they fuck your shoulders if not done right?

Mommy is gonna live forever!

So do them right you potato

fuck off

what a load of grade A dyel bullshit. Barbell bench makes you good at barbell bench. You can actually hit chest with dumbbell bench. I'd still do both

It's a preference for like 80% of it, the other 20% is some mechanical stuff about greater ROM with dumbells and stuff about avoiding muscle imbalances and shit.

Because you get a more stable base for the lift, because it's easier to tell when you're off balance and correct it, and because it trains your muscles to work together allowing you to move more weight with better worm

fag

barbell bench, incline db press, and pushups

incline DB is the best

heavy band push ups are GOAT

Dumbell is more pec centric work. the barbell is a good overall upper body mass builder. The dumbell bench press can also be done unilateraly, which helped me fix a major muscle imbalance after an injury

plz not

>because it's easier to tell when you're off balance and correct it

Easier with dumbbells. The arms work independently, so dominant arms aren't a factor.

>because it trains your muscles to work together allowing you to move more weight with better worm

What's the point of moving more weight besides being a powerlifting "big 3"? The point is to train your muscles, not lift as much as possible.

DB bench press:
>Trains your stabilizing muscles better
>Don't need a spotter (unless you go extremely heavy I suppose but even then. You can watch pete rubish benching 200lb dumbbells)
>MUCH better stretch in your chest
>Arms work independently, fixes imbalances

The only real downside is that racking/unracking them can be tough but it's easy to learn and get used to kicking them up with your knees. Also increments are a little tough, but you can mediate that by adding a rep or two more instead of adding 5lbs and once you do significantly more reps you add some weight and dial the reps back down.

Dumbbell truly is superior unless you're powerlifting.

>Because you get a more stable base for the lift, because it's easier to tell when you're off balance and correct it,
complete opposite you retard, you won't notice slight imbalanced because it feels natural and in time your body compensates more and more for that which just strengthens your imbalances

There is literally only one correct answer. Both.

I think you guys are all correct, you're just talking about different things.

First user was saying that holding a single weight with both arms is a more stable movement than holding two separate weights, and that this has its advantages.

Other two Anons are saying you can train imbalances better with dumbbells because you're not compensating for one side with another. This is also true.

More stable doesn't necessarily mean better.

It allows you to press more weight, sure. but you're not training stabilizing muscles as much.

And that's tremendously more important for someone lifting for "general strength and muscle development" - which 99% of people at the gym will be doing.

reee

Bar for mass and absolute strength, DB for symmetry and tech

no

nobody has mentioned this, but i feel its important

its easier to incrementally load a barbell. most dumbbells go up in 5lb increments which translates to 10lbs when using two, compared to 5lbs when using a barbell. allows easier progression = faster gains

barbell is cooler so i do that, i'd do dumbbell otherwise.

Suck a gigantic dick

Mommy don't die, pls.

I'm just replying so my momma don't die

nigger

Faggot

srsly fuck you

>tfw the president tells you that he and bill voted (R)

Ebin

u damn nigger

fuck you

Die

you bitch

Fuck