How many pullups can you do Veeky Forums?

I never seriously trained pullups until this year and started because of some shoulder imbalances.

Started out very pathetic but now able to hit about 19-20 before I can't do more in 1 set. Wondering if the rest of Veeky Forums trains pullups or if I was just a retard.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p04kg4LFEM4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That's perfect-form, controlled, slow, real, pull-ups.

If I wanted to be a jackass and jerk myself up-and-down on the bar I could probably do more.

bout 6-8

>wants thread about pull ups
>posts pic of a guy doing chin ups

He's disabled and can't do pullups so he has to chin, sorry.

I think it depends on your size and weight. @ 5'10" & 170lbs i can do 30. Bigger guys who can lift more than me struggle. I can only bench press 300lbs one time.

About the same dimensions and I'm the same here. Don't have as big a bench but I don't train it. I think body weight is the biggest deciding factor on pullups, not strength

6'2", 180 lbs

I don't know how many I can do. Probably more than 20. I warm up with 10 and then get the weight belt. I work up to one rep with 80 lbs right now.

This seems extreme. I spend more time training chest but my bench hasn't broken 225. I don't get why, proportionally, my back is so much stronger.

5'9 150 manlet, 10 maybe 15 on a good day

I haven't done a single pullup since I EASed.

same height and weight. Highest I can do is 18.

I have never been able to go past 12 pull ups for pretty much a year.

I hope by cutting a fuck ton I can do more pull ups and be able to do more bodyweight shit with ease, even though I'm 6ft 180lbs

How should I train pull ups? I've been doing 5 sets after my regular SL 5x5, is that too many? I usually do 10-9-8-7-6 and then once I hit it, I add from the bottom (10-9-8-7-7, 10-9-8-8-7, and so on)

Started at 4

Can do 3x10 with 30lbs

Currently only do these with a weight vest. Can do about 8 weighing 210 lbs.

i'm 36yo, 1,85m. 85kilos.

Can do about 10 pullups and 15+ chinups.

Once I got to that number I simply stopped trying for larger numbers and worked towards a slow controlled one arm chinup.
I'm pretty close.

Oh and I'm 6'3" 240ish pounds I believe.

5'9
190lb
25 bodyweight
+90lb for 2

A billion, I'm 5'7 and 129lb
In order to make it harder, I add some muscle ups to the mix. I think I fucked up my shoulders due to excessive chin and pullups though.

5'8, ~125 lbs, 8 pull ups on a good day, although I can do a shit ton of push ups (around 70 if I go full in). How fucked I will be if I go in gym? I don't want to feel myself as a weakest person there.

>tfw I can only do 5 pulls ups, but 20 chin ups
I really need to work on my lats

At 6'1" and 100kg pull-ups aren't the easiest exercise in the world, but I can bang out a set of 12.

I do a lot of weighted chins, usually with 40kg added

Used to do 8-10 with 25lbs added but now that im bulking i can only do 12 reps with bw.

you're really small, you'll probably be one of the weakest. That's okay, you'll have to just get over it. No one actually cares.

Chinups though. I dont do pullups since they fuck with my shoulders and they are more or less inferior in any way

you do weighted chins with 40 kg but can only do 12 at body weight?

I bet your weighted chins are really shit form wise

4, and 5 chins. no idea how to increase them tho

How did you work towards a one arm chinup?

I should have said "weighted chin". That's my dead hang 1rm.

I can do more when I'm drunk

10 wide grip dead hang pullups at 65kg.

I want to die, t b h.

height 183 cm/6 ft
weight 86 kg/190 lbs
Probably 8-10, but I'm fat

Should I add weight or increase reps/sets when doing pullups?

I can do around 8 with +5kg in single set. Dunno about unweighted

6'4 220 fatty here, I'm at 7 now. Chin ups, that is. Pull ups I'm closer to 3-4

About 12-15 pull ups (deadhang and to upper chest), depends on day. Weighted 1 RM is 35 kg, for chin up it is 50 kg. I'm aiming for 2xbw, wouldn't be surprised if I couldn't do 20 chins by then as my endurance has never been my strong point and moved at snails pace when I focused on it for months so I decided to focus on maximal strength.

5 with 32kg
dunno unweighted, dun care

5'5" 155lbs, last back day I hit 8 chinups with 75lbs of added weight. I'm actually heading to do some weighted chins now ... one of my favorites

Same

Are kettlebells worth it if I dont have acess to the gym ? Gyms in the area are far away, no car, gyms have no squat rack/power cage anyway. Could I gain 45 pounds with kettlebells starting from beginner skinnyfag ?

kettlebells are stupid fad shit

15 with 225 lb plates

slow and controlled

with 5 muscle ups at the end

also 13 inch dick and math degree with $300K starting a year

doesnt look like that from OP's pic

>I hope by cutting a fuck ton I can do more pull ups and be able to do more bodyweight shit with ease, even though I'm 6ft 180lbs
you will. pretty much guaranteed

>5'10" & 170lbs
>bench press 300lbs

really? that seems super high to me or am I off?

pavel tsatsouline swears by them.

I'm going to take his word over yours.

ROFL, ONLY??
GL FINDING A GF WITH THOSE PATHETIC STATS, KEK

I've had kettlebells for years
they're great to have but it'd be silly to limit yourself to them exclusively
if you have them, might as well get a pair of rings and a dip belt for weighted pullups/muscleups/dips
but yeah, turkish get ups, snatches, face pulls, one handed swings, presses, weighted pistol squats
all alot more fun with kettlebells over dumbbells
do it!
double kb snatches are great fun
youtube.com/watch?v=p04kg4LFEM4
some inspo

is that you?
if so, jesus, you looking good!
if not, any idea what's this guy's height?

no it's not me
just some dude who uses kettlebells
not sure on height or weight or anything

also just want to say I just achieved my first full one handed pullup with either arm
so hyped!!!!

Only 3/4 and 7 chinups. The progress on this shit is killing me. I started out not being able to do proper dips either but now I'm steadily doing 3x5 of those. I'm currently trying to improve my stats by supplementing with lat pulls and slowly lowering myself. Any other tips?

stuck at 14 for many months now.

>tfw 6 feet tall
>ftw 178 lbs
>tfw bench 250
>tfw diddy 330
>tfw ohp lmao1plate
>tfw able to do two, maybe three pullups tops
Should I just kys?

5'10
170 lbs
Bench 255
Deadlift 360
Squat 285
Ohp 1 plate
Chinups 10 x + 45lbs on belt.

Practice one arm hangs and keep upping the weight on your belt.

When I could do half my bw on the belt I was able to do a shitty one arm chinup. I'm still at that level pretty much.

>pull ups
>inferior to chin ups
Wew lad.

I can do 10 pull-ups in perfect form and I've never tried for more, I just do weighted. 15kg belt I can do 6.

12 pull ups @ 200lbs
Not sure how many non weighted chin ups