Craigslist gym buy?

I came across this rack with bench and weights on craigslist for only $500 for everything in pic to the left. Is this a good deal? I am getting older and doubt I will even hit 4 plate squats ever but I guess its not out of the question.. will this rack hold up?

good buy or pass?

I guess? but thats like 2 years of a gym membership at a normal gym + 2 years of maintenance fees+ a k

Im not a big fan of commercial gyms.. its not so much the fees but that I have to be around people.. people in general suck.

buy that shit its a very good deal, you can negotiate it down too

your numbers make no sense, gyms are 20$ a month x 24 months = 480 = what hes paying. what the fuck are maintenance fees and + a k?

I just came across the ad 10 minutes ago user... sadly it wont come with 'an obscene amount of weight' to test out while I am there so instead I turn to the internet and hope for someone who has had experience with this rack and what its capable of.

my gym is 16 a month 40 dollar fee a year and i was typing a night out at the movies but i am retarded

its gonna be able to hold weight fine, its an olympic bar. as long as it isnt warped it will be able to hold at least 500lbs without a problem.

the gym that is 2 blocks away from me that is kind of a shit hole is $10/m plus 40/y the only thing nice about it is that they have a digital spin class with about 10 different classes to choose from... being that I cycle a lot that is kind of nice but overall the place kind of blows.

FUCK you
I JUST got FIRED

>people in general suck.
You can turn down oral sex user. It's your choice, not theirs.

It's fucking Veeky Forums, what did you expect?

>tfw haven't had sex with an asian
>tfw in relationship
Fug. And fug you for posting this and reminding me.
That's a good deal. If I had that deal, I would.

Don't forget to account for the time you save not having to drive/walk to the gym. Also 500 seems like a pr good deal if you have a truck or something to pick it up.

OP, don't forget you'll get full of yourself and choke under the bar while doing bench!
RIP. Can we get a eulogy going for our DYEL boy?

The gym I go to is about a 3.5 minute walk from my house, so that's certainly a non-issue. I'm paying for convenience and not using half my garage for much less convenience than the gym offers of me, but the trade-off really is that I have to deal with a bunch of DYEL faggots curling on a bosu ball in the only squat rack.

>less convenience
Meant equipment, but kind of the same thing really in my case.

i guess waiting for a squat rack is a waste of time too. if you already go to the gym consistently, it's probably a good investment. i think the user above was getting at the fact that some people will buy a home gym b/c they think their spaghetti is stopping them from lifting, but then they just quit lifting at home too.

It's not bad price wise. I've never seen a rack that couldn't handle 400lbs and this one looks fairly sturdy so I wouldn't worry about that. Bar looks pretty cheap, if anything is gonna get damaged when you fail a lift it will be that, but as long as you're not a dummy and don't straight up drop the bar onto the safeties it should be fine.

opposite experience here, I hit the gym off and on for years and ended up losing all motivation due to the whole routine of getting there a peak times

got a home gym together in january and been using it solid since, totally worked for me

do it! its cheap and you can train everything

> curling on a bosu ball in the only squat rack
p-people don't really do this do they?