How to increase my OHP?

I have been progressing well in all of my lifts the last 3 months but my overhead press is developing much more slowly. In most of the other compound exercises I have moved up 100+lbs from where I started but my OHP has only gone up 30lbs in the same period (25lbs to 55lbs)

Is this normal? How do I increase this? This is the only lift that makes me look weak in a gym full of DYELs and Fatty manlets

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/articles/learning_press_rippetoe.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Bump?

>he fell for the don't count the bar meme

Do more OHP and/or add dumbbell OHP as an assistance on a non-OHP day. OHP is everyone's slowest, just keep hammering at it and be patient.

Do you use thumbless grip? that helped me

If you can only do 55lbs in 3 months your form is dogshit and you need to change something.

Make sure your form is correct first and foremost. Do sets of 10 and only increase weight when you hit 10 across. Do 3 way delt raises, face pulls, and other tricep work.

TFW I counted the bar in the OP

How do you even do 25 lbs?

What are your other lifts?

Sitting dumbbell Shoulder press that I can currently actually press 40 lb dumbbells in each hand. It is in the barbell shoulder press that I can currently press 55lbs for 8 reps.

Can't believe I have to keep saying this... But

M I C R O P L A T E S

You're only limiting yourself by stalling because you can't add weight due to the weight jump being too high. Just get microplate and watch your lifts steadily progress again

keep pressing and adding reps or sets until you feel comfortable upping the weight again. personally when i hit 5x5 for OHP i will microload 5lbs and train with it until im back at 5x5

Kek

not him but hows that funny? it's the superior grip

Rest more
Eat more

Hold on, you can do 40 lb dumbells but not a 55 lb barbell? That doesn't make any sense. Or is 40 lbs like your 1RM

If what you're saying is actually true then your form must be truly grotesque.

In any case I would recommend switching to 5x5 and then 3x5 program. 8 rep programs are more appropriate when you're lifting a lot more than 55 lbs

You can also use a periodization program.

I think I an retarded and I actually do incline press, so more chest in play.

Tfw retarded

That should allow you to lift more lol

S S + G O M A D

> counting the bar

I have to use thumbless grip, I can't twist my arms enough to grip it with the thumb over. I'm not flexible enough to do mixed grip DL either lol

they really could have put more effort into this one

he means for the db shoulder press

it's exceedingly easy to cheat on those if you aren't honest about how vertical you are

> what is Newton

>go from OHP .75pl8 to 2pl8 in less than half a year
Why do people have trouble with this?

It's taken me nearly 2 and a half years to go from a 20kg OHP to a 100kg OHP. Please don't mock my struggle.

i was able to OHP 66lbs when i first started, a week later i was OHPING 88lbs.
then my fucking shoulder got fucked and i had to wait another month to do ANY shoulder or chest training again.

all im saying is that if you cant progress, and even if u can (in my case i could progress just fine) it doesnt mean u should, you have to be comfortable at that weightlevel and so on and so forth.

tl;dr dont rush it OP, it will come when u are ready

>op trying to egolift baby weights
>is failure
:DDDDDDD

most people will never reach 100kg OHP, accomplishing it in any timespan is impressive

I'm not trying to egolift, this is just my weakest lift by far and I want to improve it

I've found that one of the only ways to get your ohp moving is through rep work. And upping that weight. Grinding out 80%+ reps hasn't seen to be effective on ohp like it does for everything else. It did for a bit. Then it just stopped. So then I started chasing weight on high reps and it went up within that rep range quite a lot till after a year I was doing near my previous max for reps of 8.

Pic stats, that seems unrealistic

B:325
S:445
DL:475

>ohping 4 plates

what? That's not real

you should mix in other shoulder workouts

well memed

I am not memeing.

some people just have stronger shoulders. it's science

Can you do this without any weight?
Do you feel straining in your shoulders when you do the right one?

why the fuck are you kekking you degenerate
tumbless grip helps you a lot, it's very risky but your grip will be more powerful and your ohp form will be better because you're forced to hold the bar the right position

you gotta have good form with the ohp, it makes a huge difference. you can get away with shit form for a little while with other things, but not this one

startingstrength.com/articles/learning_press_rippetoe.pdf

we're not all fat manlets