Do body weight work outs produce results?

Do body weight work outs produce results?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8reuKhuPs
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

produces lower test results

yes, up to a certain point

if you cant do 1 pushup, and train pushups and then in 2 months you can do 30 pushups you obviously got stronger and better at pushups

the question is, where do you go from there? and the answer is - you add resistance. the easiest way to add resistance is to lift weights

It's a good starting point, and great if you can't afford a gym membership/don't have room for weights

test

Time under tension

whats test mean?

Ya, but not that one

can you reccomend a proper one? whats wrong with this one?

Thats the gaame plan. Closest gym to me that i can reasonable make it too is a rock climbing gym

testosterone you cuck

Nah bro. Scientists have recently confirmed that gravity does not exist.
1 arm push ups, decline push ups, diamond push ups, dips and dip variations

Bodyweight exercise produce strength/hypertrophy results just not shit like OP's pic. If you want to get stronger and more muscular you have to challenge yourself with difficult exercises, not 20 punches and bodyweight squats.

russian dips and russian pushups fucked my elbows up.

Do I have potential if I can do this?

I've never tried Russian dips or push ups so I cant speak. I mostly use dips as a chest exercise and had good results with it.

I have no chance of adding weight where I train, so I tried russian dips. I'm at 3x15 at normal dips with controlled movements. I don't know if I should increase reps further or make the exercise more difficult, and if so, how.

With parallel bars all you can really do is single bar dips and Korean dips at this point.
If you had rings you could do stuff like Bulgarian dips and archer dips.

Only if you're doing a push up on the ceiling. Otherwise you're not gonna make it

>Absolutely
Pull-ups, push-ups, crunches, squats, diamonds, dips, etc. Are by far one of the best ways to get a pump. The trick is to do it slowly and subtract reps and receive a better burn. I know that's a counter-intuitive because most people think that doing more reps is better. If I said do 15 reps and it's not difficult to you then do it slowly so that it is. Time over tension is the trick.
>Time over tension
>Isotonic contraction
>Slow reps

Why the fuck are there so many

There's like a dozen for media franchise

>20 punches
Whoa now, don't wanna get too big

ALWAYS wanted to get into bodyweight exercises but never did, no real plan or idea how to start.

Got to 2 plate bench just with pushups, 60 in a row and 300 total a day, also included 50-100 wide pullups.

yes, but that pic is shit
you want to decrease leverage and work towards hard static holds then once the strength is acquired you can do full-movement variations for reps
youtube progressions for:
front lever
back lever
planche
muscle-up
manna
handstand pushup
press up to handstand
shrimp squats

anything will produce results if you're untrained, hell even riding a bike will increase your bench press if you've never used your arms before

there's a point where it won't tho

How long will it take me to achieve something like this with bodyweight if I was already lifting until last year? (injury+uni entrance examinations)
I really want to make the switch to bodyweight, or should I continue going to the gym?
Also I need to cut at least 10kg if I want to be 12% again, 80kg 177cm manlet now.

>to progress beyond classic pushups, you need to lift weights

stop posting anytime

As long as you keep your abs and glutes activated throughout the motion.

the eccentric bulgarian hangman chinese pushup is an advanced technique. better start off with something easier

A meme. the best sources for bw routines are startbodyweight.com, convict conditioning, and antranik's website.

\haha i honest;y didn't check the image. Just grabbed shit of google

>How long will it take me to achieve something like this with bodyweight if I was already lifting until last year?
I don't know how much muscle you've built, if you just have to cut then it won't take long, a lot of calisthenic movements hit the core and with elevated handstand pushups you should develop traps beyond the pic. That is quite an unimpressive example though, I don't think it would take very long, a couple months maybe depending where you're at now.
>I really want to make the switch to bodyweight, or should I continue going to the gym?
This is a question only you can answer. Do you like going to the gym? Personally I don't like having to leave my house to exercise, I don't like the people there nor the fees they expect me to pay. The whole body can be worked proficiently with a minimal amount of money invested. (just rings)
>Also I need to cut at least 10kg if I want to be 12% again, 80kg 177cm manlet now.
Diet.

IMO for legs you got: stair sprints, hill sprints, box jumps, depth jumps, pistol squats, shrimp squats, broad jumps. You won't get insanely thick powerlifter legs but they will be strong, proportionate and aesthetic.
For back you have: handstand pushups/elevated HSPU. Pullups, archer pullups, one handed pullups, rows, front lever, back lever, planche.
Shoulders: elevated HSPU, planche, iron cross, a million variations of horizontal pushups
biceps: pullup variations
triceps: ring dips, muscle ups, planche
core: all of dat

I love it personally. Accessible, free, enjoyable, lower chance of injury.
check out a couple channels on youtube: fitnessfaqs, simonster, tom merrick, vahva fitness, adamraw, dominiksky, littlebeastm

I'd like to add that just because you begin to train calisthenics does not mean you must neglect weights entirely.
youtube.com/watch?v=Pd8reuKhuPs

as you can see in the video I've posted these guys are taking advantage of weighted bodyweight movements
the weighted pullup is essential if you want to put on some size with calisthenics
it's easy though, just buy a dip belt and a couple plates
weighted ring dips are fucking tough man, good luck

Everything you just said is fucking retarded and shows why guys like you run quickly to weights.

You're both lazy stupid and lack the basic self awareness of a 7 year old. As a matter of fact you'll more then likely hit the wall at a very modest level then start doing gear really damned hard to make up for your stupidity and lack of intelligent effort.

What really bugs me about BW is shoulde rs. Pike is too hard and hurts my elbows. Dips don't cut it. I don't know how to work shoulders

elevated handstand pushups, planche on the rings

>planche on the rings for someone who cant even do pike push ups
Not sure if youre serious.

But wat is the diference of doing-for example- 8 reps of weighted pushups or 8 reps of bench press? Wont you get the same resulsts?

Yes they do, there's beginnner exercises and then there's more complicated ones or simple variations.

But lifting weights is way better if you're aiming at size and general strength. With bodyweight workouts you can't add weight nor train legs in an effective way.

Yes, but aesthetic results will come way slower and it will be harder to sensibly bulk up and keeping on doinh street workout tricks/explosive routines.
Strength gains will come relatively fast in the beginning, and then you'll either work on endurance or advance in exercise types, which will take a lot of time.
Obviously, you won't have the same strength in traditional lifts as someone who is regularly lifting, but you won't lift babyweights either. Works the other way around as well - you'll be able to bang out muscle ups and levers, while a lifter won't.
It's a trade off and it depends on what you expect and want to achieve through it.

t. never tried anything creative and never went beyond 50 push ups in one set

Resistance? No problem, diamond push ups. Too easy? 2-clap push ups. Too easy? Aztec push ups. Too easy? Handstand push ups. Too easy? Free handstand push ups. Too easy? Tiger bends. Etc., etc.

stop getting triggered
the point was it's a 100 times easier to overload a muscle with weights which go in small increments than doing weird monkey variations of a same exercise

replace situps with planks cuz muh discs, and they work fine.
100 pushups a day, plus running and some core
is just about all you need