Bros please be honest with me

Bros please be honest with me.

Is a minimalist home gym a meme?

I'm an European manlet who was achieving ottermode but in my area there are only shitty gyms with no space for deadlift and no squat racks.
There is a crossfit gym but that's another story.

My goal is to be a THICC manlet and I was tired of not doing compound lifts except for bench.

So I started investing in a home gym, I had a power rack custom built and I bought some heavy duty rubber mats (meant for commercial crossfit gyms, really solid stuff).

So I paid 550 for everything, and I obviously still miss at least a bench, bar and plates.

Is a home gym like that all that I need to become a strong and thicc manlet?
Or have I really just just fallen for barbell only workout meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=skespZ_m6Qo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

sounds good but i'm dyel so what do i know

Yes

Nothing beats the atmosphere of a decent gym

Home gyms are a meme for antisocial pseduo powerlifters

Hella epic spot on broski. But how do we upvote here?

I used to train in a home gym, but I had to move and I use a regular gym now.

Home gyms are 10000% better.

>people not wiping equipment
>waiting for people to finish
>smells like rank sweat 100% of the time
>staff telling you what you can and can't do
>people not putting weights back

>Worse equipment
>Less motivating
>Don't get to lift alongside elite level lifters
>Miss out on the social aspect

k

You can absolutely get by with just a rack, bar, and plates and you can do all the movements like deads, sqts, bench, OHP, rows, and pullups.

I would say it would be worth it to get a set of adjustable dumbbells though to get some variation for like curls, shoulder raises, etc.

Beyond that there is really anything else you need. If you want to see what kind of interesting shit you can get check out jujis video

youtube.com/watch?v=skespZ_m6Qo

Thanks guys for the input.

All invalid arguments. I'm in Italy and trust me, all gyms except maybe crossfit gyms (which are expensive as fuck, like 50 € per month and with limited days access) have shitty shitty equipment.
I'm over 30 and in a relationship, I'm not an anti social person but I prefer to socialize in other aspects (work, concerts) and get shit done at the gym, which is the main reason I'm there anyway.

All public gyms have are sweaty boobs

>Don't get to lift alongside elite level lifters
WTF do you need them for?
>Miss out on the social aspect
Training doesn't have any social aspects. I hate those retards, who just go to the gym to talk about lifting, instead of lifting. When I'm in the gym, I concentrate on the training. I don't talk to the people there and I hate, when they talk to me.

>he doesn't get irony

>WTF do you need them for?

It's much more motivating when you get to train alongside them,

/thread
that is basically all you need

You're fuckin weird.

The only benefit to lifters above your status is advice and tips. But an adult should be able to figure out how to lift anyway.

apart from chatting shit about powerlifters this anons right really

90% of gyms are shit but when you find that fucking one in a million place you'll realise how great it is lifting in a proper gym.

I don't really socialize with people in the gym, except for shaking hands with everyone when entering, and saying 'bye', when leaving. I only talk to friends that I come with, or when I ask to work in.

If I had home gym I could invite friends over, even those who don't really care about paying for gym and shit. I could also convince my gf to workout with me, because she is scared of going to gym (Hurr durr I'm flaccid and chubby ppl will make fun).

I could also play my own music, and have more time. No need to drive/go to the gym, change in the locker room, wait for bench to free up etc.

If I were you I would also get rowing machine, or some other cardio equipment. running outside can be beneficial, but in the winter I prefer to stay in warm place, and rowing is great exercise overall.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. No go fuck yourself

Worse equipment (only if you're poor)
Less motivating (how the fuck? Walk 10meters or travel for 10-20mins)
Don't get to lift alongside elite level lifters (They don't help you so just watch youtube you cuck)
Miss out on the social aspect (what is this? you derp staring at woman and "elite level lifters")

The only proper gym is 20 minutes from my house.

I recently spent $500 on used equip, threw it in my basement, and can now walk to my gym in 10 seconds and lift in my underwear.

I don't know why you'd consider it "antisocial" to lift at home; i don't go to the gym to socialize.

>Worse equipment (only if you're poor)

Chances are your home gym won't have Elieko bars, Texas power bars, decent bumper plates, monolift etc

hows the whole home gym in an apt?

Even if you aren't looking to compete in any competition and you just want to be casual about your lifting if you have participated in any sports you will have a competitive drive that you wouldn't otherwise already have.

Even a self driven hobby like lifting with people of varying experience, you will definitely feel more motivation to improve yourself when you see others pushing themselves.

So assuming i'm not some pathetic lazy cuck who can only draw motivation from other people in the room, you'll approve of my lifting at home? Great, man. Thanks.