Which is better from the sticky:

"Stronglifts 5x5"

or

"Starting Strength"

SS

It doesn't fucking matter. Just lift

yeah that's getting me nowhere so far

SL build stenght and form working towards 1/2/3/4 - OHP/Bench/Squat/Deadlift

Some get there some don't but when you plateau and have trouble going up every workout after a while switch to a different rountine. Probably something 3x5 or 5/3/1

Wrong, sitting here waiting for an answer is getting you nowhere.

It doesn't matter, just pick one and stick to it.

If lifting is getting you nowhere you are never gonna make it

Regs park

SS

I hurt my lower back deadlifting I can't even bend over long

Strong lifts because at least it has rows, while SS don't

SL is simpler, so I think it's easier to follow as a beginner. Either way, just be consistent and don't set your hopes too high. After you do ANY beginner program, you will be a slightly stronger beginner. You won't be ripped, no matter what program you do. It really doesn't matter, but make sure it's something you won't give up on.

>implying you'll actually follow the program
the one recommendation that I have with SS, SL, whatever is to pair your press with chinups or bench with BB rows, to keep your upper body pressing and rowing symmetrical.

I'm still skelly and I hate deadlifting, my lower back was in pain at first. I can't go all the way down to the floor and maintain good form, so I do Romanian DLs as low as I can go. My form stays good and I don't get hurt.

SS

ICF 5x5 is better than both of those, you won't end up complaining about small arms or lats at the end of it.

SS is good for athletes who actually need the power from power cleans, not some skinny fat/skinny/fat basement dweller who's never lifted a weight in his life, you'll just snap your shit doing them, they require way too much technical prowess for a beginner to benefit from.

I know Jason Blaha is a meme at this point, but his program stands the best novice program in my eyes to date, the choice is yours, though, you won't get big on either of the ones you listed, I can promise you that.

Oh, I forgot to mention. If you have no prior lifting experience, you'd be better off doing SL for a month or two to get the basics down, and to build that initial foundation of strength. I learnt this the hard way when I attempted tricep extensions on my first week of lifting, my whole arm swelled up and I thought I had rhabdo or something, couldn't lift for almost 2 weeks.

Get the basics down with the compounds first, then jump on ICF and slowly ease in the accessory movements to prevent any extreme DOMS.

Stronglifts 5x5, use the app. Eat at 500+ caloric surplus everyday. Don't be a bitch, stay consistant.
we all gonna make it

first time i seen good advice on this board

You seem like you know a thing or two. What do you think about Veeky Forums's GSLP, mostly in regards to aesthetics?

>Starting Strength

Program created by 30+ years of trial and error, finding what works best.

>StrongLifts 5x5

Cash grab taking advantage of the fact that people are scared of doing power cleans which are so complex that thousands of people have learned how to do them by reading a book. In essence, it's an SS clone with an inferior set x rep scheme and superior marketing.

StrongLifts still works because at the end of the day it's still based on a good program, so who fucking cares, just pick one.

>aesthetics

That's not dependant on the program you're on, my friend. If you're naturally lean, you'll have a much easier time looking aesthetic at the end of a program granted you're eating enough to elicit hypertrophy, if you're fat or skinnyfat however, you'll have a harder time looking 'aesthetic' and it'll require a lot more effort, bulking/cutting cycles to achieve the look you want.

Anyway, the program itself is fine; I prefer the fit GSLP progression scheme over SS or any other beginner program.

As the famous saying goes:

"The best program is the one you stick to."

mfw I did 3pl8 squat for 12 reps before I managed to do 2pl8 bench

the one grievance that I have with GSLP is that it's a little too eager to have you deload
>if you fail to get 5 on the last set
I've had plenty of times where I got 5/5/4 on a new weight and then did 5/5/6 or 5/5/5/5 on my next session at the same weight.
The one thing I really like about SL is that it allows for another attempt at a weight after failure. Maybe you only missed one or two repetitions on the last set and the adaptation in between this session and next session will have you get all of the reps next time.
IMO that's a sensible approach to take in combination with GSLP's deloads.