Marijuana and Fitness

Recreational just got passed in my state and I'm wondering if you guys smoke pot and work out/do cardio. How does it feel? Do pot and working out mix? I'm afraid i'd get the munchies alot and my BF% would spike

Other urls found in this thread:

paxvapor.com/
volcanovaporizer.com/shop_us/en
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The munchies are a meme. Self control is easy. Smoke away homie

Weed is for niggers and retards, enjoy it faggot

smoking a bowl after a good run is incredible

i've never tried it but some PT at my gym told me working out while high is the best thing ever

i will smoke to get motivated to work out, its best with cardio because cardio is fucking boring but you can totally get in the zone if you are high, try it nigga

Run while you're high man

I smoke marijuana like almost every weekend and I'm a complete fitness and workout freak, I used to do cardio everyday but I now do it every friday and saturday, not because of marijuana but because I found out that I lose important fat to gain muscle, when I was doing cardio everyday I noticed no difference, no decrease in performance, no increase of faituge, nothing that I feel that I would feel that decreases my performance. I've been smoking for a while and I have never noticed a decrease in my workouts because of marijuana. when I did it was because of what I would consume before my workouts, how much water I drink, and how much sleep I get. don't smoke before you run, don't run high because you will definitely feel a decrease in performance. balance out how often you smoke and run, I'm a night smoker and I workout everyday after school, I don't ever smoke on weekdays or when I workout. I lift weights and do cardio once in a while.

While the munchies being uncontrollable is a meme I definitely find weed is useful for escaping skelly mode. While I don't have to eat a lot while high it certainly makes it easier.

Can't workout while high because it fucks up my balance.

>That post workout joint

ain't nothing better

I got an anxiety/ mild panic attack the first time I smoked weed (I also drank that night but not sure if that's relevant). Now that it's legal to smoke recreationally, should I try it again or will I just have another anxiety attack.

Smoke after a workout and make sure you just have healthy shit within reach if you really get the munchies

Easy clean bulk

>(I also drank that night but not sure if that's relevant).

Very relevant. getting cross faded is one of the worst things you can do if you're new to smoking

These

I box. I plan to go pro in a few years. The first thing my trainer asked me was if I had any vices. I told him strippers and weed.
He told me to cut back on both. But that marijuana makes cardio more interesting (and lord knows doing 1500+ reps of different calisthenics and core exercises can get more boring than a motherfucker) and that it is a much netter alternative to pain killers whwn you're hurting and god knows that this fucking sport hurts. I smoke way less than I did before I started tho. Before I started boxing I was all "DUDE WEED" and now I smoke a bowl or 2 a day.

I personally don't like to smoke before I run though.

When it actually comes time to fight and get tested I have to drop it though and leave it for when I am not in competition.

Everyone is talking about smoking ITT but I want to throw out edibles as an alternative. I get kind of paranoid and anxious when I smoke, but edibles are more of a body high and less intense in terms of the way I think.

I eat ~15 mg on the way to the gym on the weekends, and by the time I am on the way home I'm 75% stoned. It's a nice ramp up and you feel great after a good workout.

As others have said, munchies are a meme and as long as you don't have poor self control to begin with (i.e. don't buy Doritos and have them around your apartment/house) you will be fine. I've also read that marijuana boosts your digestive system, but I'm not 100% on that.

Well Florida is getting medical soon so I'll probably hop on edibles.

Sometimes edibles get me too fucking stupid tho

If you got it the first time, you'll likely get anxiety again. I smoke semi-regularly (Every other weekend) and I usually get anxious a couple times while I'm high. To combat this, you'll want to occupy your physical senses with as much stuff as possible, this is why people eat a lot because frankly food is fucking amazing while stoned. Music is a great distraction, physical exercise can work too though I stick to cardio when I'm high. Basically just stay busy with something and anxiety won't be a problem.

Also, don't focus on your heartbeat.

I go for bike rides and smoke. The hardest part about doing anything after smoking a bunch is just getting up, once ya do easy to bike / run around for ages while imagining shit.

I'll smoke sometimes at a bench or w/e and I just wanna sit for like a half hr but gotta get myself up and moving and then just going along.

helps your ligaments.

> before a good run
fixed it for you

Helps with all of the important recovery stuff like sleeping and eating. Makes doms suck a bit less.

I have just started doing sufferfest videos on the bike trainer while baked.

THC makes you look at pain differently, I can see it almost as a separate thing, like looking at someone else thinking oooo that must hurt.

so its been kinda cool to crawl into that pain cave.

I smoked a bowl in my backyard today and shadow boxed with wrist weights on my hands like a fucking maniac. I'm getting pretty good at kicking too, I think high me today felt more athletic as opposed to sober me trying to shadow box/spar

Does anyone else here feel like weed kills their gym motivation the next day?

I smoked a couple of fat bowls last night and when I woke up this morning I felt like a sloth, kept setting my alarm back and by the time I actually got dressed and got to the gym I felt super lethargic, I progressed a little bit even but my reps felt way harder than they usually do

Could just be because I don't smoke much anymore but im curious if anyone else gets this

stretching high is god-tier, lifting it doesn't make much difference but can help get you motivated

I smoke 2 bowls every morning and drink my preworkout before hitting the gym.

I put in my earbuds and hit my lifts. I find when im high, im much more focused on everything im doing. I focus on every muscle movement as i lift.

I also find it helps not feel as fatigued as quickly.

How have you guys found weed to be with laziness?

I've only smoked a few times but a couple of friends of mine are potheads and personally I think weed takes away peoples drive.
Maybe it's correlation and not causation, but pretty much every pothead I know just stays at home, or goes to a park, smokes shittons of weed and eats food. Maybe has a job at KFC.

I'm not so concerned about a joint every once and a while, but I reckon it's something to consider. Having a drive in life is really important.

What gym do you go to?

BSC in wellesley

you need gym buddy ? (no homo)

So are you saying all niggers and retards are faggots? Or are you just a retard?

I use sativa to hype me up for a heavy set. But I get carried away and sometimes snap my shit up.

but that cotton mouth though

Dude. I've also been thinking about starting boxing.
I hated sports as a kid but I did enjoy karate.
I'm in my "DUDE WEED" phase but I'm honestly looking to change that.
I've noticed how lethargic I've become and it's pissing me off.

I'm currently a regular smoker (everyday, all day) and I still feel like sloth in the mornings if I smoke the night before. It just makes doing shit so much more of an effort and I have this 'fuck-it' attitude for the whole day.

Uhh that's just called being lazy.

I was in my "DUDE WEED" stage not too long ago and i had and still have a fuck it attitude, i was just lazy, still am. I'm thinking of starting smoking again but in a more controlled dosage manner. treat it like the medicine that it is.

From what i understand weed is a shotgun blast to the neural receptors, i assume it would cause stress on the brain but inst that basically what exorcise is?

Im about to sign up for BSC in Westboro unreal

nah man i gotta be charged up for a run. The runners high afterwords mixed with the weed high is blissful

it makes the the pump gr8 m8

try some edible man!!
if you can find "sweet leaf jelly bomb" buy that and take 1/16-1/8 of the brick
it's good for cardio or after a big workout
it helps you relax

try low dose and do something like a bike ride you will enjoy it

I am fit and i vape my herb rather than smoke it because its less harsh on the lungs and the high isnt as muddy.

if you got the money invest in a vape

how expensive is the pen and a battery?

It helps me get motivated to work out and hungry enough to consume enough calories

i got a pax 2

going to upgrade to the 3 or find something different

paxvapor.com/

My brother has this large desktop sized vaporizer. called a volcano iirc

volcanovaporizer.com/shop_us/en

If you want to get anywhere with cardio make sure only to smoke weed through a bong or a pipe, do not touch tobacco.

That being said; it's common sense that smoking anything isn't good for your lungs. Ultimately it's down to what you want out of it, personally I know if i smoke weed it makes exercise twice as hard if you do anything with high intensity like sprints, boxing or circut training.

I used to have drug/alcohol problems but after them holding me back i got over them. I live by one rule; all in or all out. Weed is fine for people who aren't athletes but if you're doing any kind of sport (fighter here) then you're best off staying clean for 2 months before the event. If i was to get stoned tonight i'd feel it on monday down the class, if i were to spend a few days smoking weed then next session training I'd feel my lungs burning and they don't feel so clear, like they're full of mucus shit.

Ultimately do what you gotta do, if you can do it in moderation without going off path then enjoy it. I used it to hide from my depression, it made me miss out on so many opportunities though and it kept me an idea man who had dreams but never actually worked to achieve them because being stoned and shitposting/watching movies was easier. Since i quit i reached goals i had for years, now i feel a rush to achieve shit because i'm 27 and i wasted the ages of 18 -26 chasing pussy and doing drugs rather than committing to my training.

weed has improved my gains by 182%