After punching for a bit on a bag, this happens to the 'pits' on my little finger...

After punching for a bit on a bag, this happens to the 'pits' on my little finger, is there something i'm doing wrong or is it because i'm just starting out?

Do you wrap your hands and use gloves?

Yeah I use gloves, they fit well. The red spots don't hurt a lot but i'm just worried it'll develop into something worse.

Do you wrap your hands tho?

No, I don't, I thought it was one or the other, not both.

What do you have under the gloves?

These are the gloves I use, in case I confused with actual boxing gloves.

No you have to use both. Even UFC fighters use both wraps and gloves when hitting mitts and bags. You can seriously fuck up your hands like that.

Yo stop that shit right now. Apart from the fact that punching a bag is a big no-no, a good punch use only two of your phalanx, which are the index's and the middle finger's one. Around here, the fracture of one of the two other phalanx is nicknamed "fracture of the bad boxer", so yep, nope. By the way, if you do want to learn how to throw a punch, I'd suggest you try to train while standing near a wall. That way your punch will be straightforward, and you'll reduce odds of hitting with bad phalanxs.

Learn to wrap up your hands next time. You're gunna fuck your hand up and get mesotheleoma if you don't wrap up while punching the beanbag.

You should have actual gloves on top of those. If you're just going to use wrap then hit the bag soft as fuck and just improve your form.

You shouldn't be blasting away at the bag regardless.

Woops, hold on a sec'. Punching a bag *without any gloves is a big no-no. Man I oughta get to sleep

Thanks a lot, I was going pretty hard on it too. Good thing I asked about it before going to far, thanks.

Its alright bro beginner mistakes.

Im going to the boxing gym in about an hour I'm airing out my nasty smelly wraps now kek.

You're welcome.

You're welcome bud ! Good luck with your training. But hey you might like to join a boxing or martial art club ? You'd improve way faster with less odds of getting away with bad form, seems like a good deal desu

I'll think about it, but i'm an overweight pussy; for now at least. Having someone experienced teach me would obviously be beneficial though.

Take your time then. For now read the sticky, lose some weight at your own pace and start thinking about training your cardio and/or suppleness. That'll come in handy whatever you'll chose afterwards. Good luck brah !

DonĀ“t punch with your little finger! In Karate we use just the front of the hand to punch. the pinky is very fragile, you might even break it.

Also on a semi related note, what is pic related?

It came with the punching bag and gloves, it wasn't listed as a bonus or anything on the site. It's made out of a thin rubber.

Throwing a proper punch that transfers force properly and doesn't put you at risk of injuring your hands is more complicated than most people assume. I mean, its not rocket science but there is something to it and it can't hurt to get some instruction. Boxing gyms and the like get loads of overweight pussies every year, most are pretty happy to see new faces, its the people who can't commit or make excuses to stop coming that no one likes. If you are serious than people are usually pretty welcoming.

Eh. No clue, sorry. Doesn't look like something you'd wrap your hands with. Maybe a rubber patch for the bag ?

Is it a tube? What shape is the chain on the bag? Its probably a protecting wrap for the chain, some bags i've seen come with a thick plastic wrap for the chain, so if you hang it from a rafter in the shed or the like it subjects it to less wear.

Nah it's just flat, might serve the same use though. It's really thin though, so metal rubbing on it for a while would probably tear it real fast.

"I really want to catch some nasty ass fungus: the post"

Seriously guys, wash your wraps regularly, and air out your gloves.

Elastic band

fungus doesn't move very fast so it's easy to catch

listen to this guy

yeah I guess it might be as simple as that, don't know why the shop listing wouldn't list it though.

Google some exercises with bands (theraband, and a billion other brand names), the might come in handy during your warm-up routine.

Wow, a good informative bread on fit.

look at those soft little hands. Break your knuckles on a hardwood tree or metal surface a few times then squeeze and rub the sore spots your hands after they heal to toughen them up

use your index and middle knuckles. focus on connecting with just those two. if you are using wraps or mitts it might be either of those...stop being a pussy

Absolutely spot-on.

OP needs to punch with his index and middle knuckles otherwise the bruises will worsen. I was like that at the beginning of my MMA training - didn't use wraps, just punched bare-handed and it hurt afterwards.

you don't punch with that, fix your stance and hit with the index and middle finger knuckles

Boxer here

I used to think half arsed hand wrapping and 10oz boxing gloves were enough for bag work, and they were until i stepped up my training.

I lost my job so i had nothing to do but train, everyday i was working out down my gym and running the open mat during the day 5 days a week.

Everyday i was hitting the bag for solid work outs, padwork, sparring in 16oz gloves.

Eventually i got tendonitis in one of my knuckles and it out me out of training for a month or maybe longer, even if i didn't train for 2 weeks and it felt fine it'd come back after 10 minutes of bag work.

Its been a few years since then and i've not had any problems because i wrap my hands properly and use sponge over my knuckles, even now though if i've had an intensive week with lots of impact on my hands i can feel it tinge a bit.

Protect your hands, you feel invincible until you get an injury crop up. I've trained for 9 years now and i've had a few injuries i could of avoided if I had trained smart.

Those little gloves won't do much at all and you're asking for tendonitis.

Its an elastic band, you can out it around your ankles or use two (one over each shoulder and each foot in a cross shape) and its meant to make your footwork better. In my years of training we've only ever used them three or four times, they're meme exercises.

One time my coach blind folded me and had my work my head movement in close against weak shots, i think its meant to build sensitivity like the wing chun rubbish also suspect that was a meme exercise. I've got good body feel/sensitivity to my opponents intentions without doing dumbass drills like that. Sparring sparring sparring.

I've not washed my wraps in two or more years and i don't even bother airing them out anymore, but i use them 4 or 5 nights a week. I've never caught anything.