QTDDTOT

President Trump Edition

Question - Is there much benefit to eating whole foods? The sticky pushes them pretty hard, but the only thing you get from them is fibre, which just gets shat out.

I mean you'll probably feel better

But iifym is pretty much the only thing that matters

This one's purely theoretical, but maybe you guys will still be interested in helping. A little while earlier, it occurred to me that in places like /r9k/ we get people (probably underaged) who due to shit like not getting any pleasure out of fapping, think they're low test but won't go to a doctor to get themselves checked for whatever reason, these same people may well just be the NoFap shitposters, but would telling these people to get Veeky Forums be a method of diagnosing* their problem?

If memory serves, a low test man will have issues with his body fat distribution when he gets Veeky Forums (the fat goes to womanly places like his waist) and therefore would be able to diagnose whether or not he is actually low test without going to a doctor.

*Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but lifting increases test, right? So it may also be possible to argue that said robots have nothing to lose. Getting Veeky Forums will either diagnose their problem, reducing their fear of going to a doctor to fix it (and giving them a more genuine pretence than "it doesn't feel good when I fap to lolis") or it will fix it by itself. Does that sound right?

Dude what the fuck are you talking about

Lets say you've got someone who thinks they're low test but for whatever reason won't go to a doctor. I am asking if getting Veeky Forums would allow them to check whether or not that are actually low test (because getting Veeky Forums while being low test will give you a womanly body fat distribution). Furthermore, I am also asking if getting Veeky Forums would actually fix such a person's problem, since if memory serves lifting increases test.

Lifting does not increase test

Getting fit while being low test does not give you a womanly fat distribution (like wtf?)

I guess if gains come really slow despite eating and sleeping right that would be indicative. Of course a much better way would be to go to the fucking doctor and get a blood test

Have any of you given up on giving fitness advice to friends and family that seek it?
>Go from skelly to otter
>People start to notice and mire
>People have started asking for my "secret"
>Explain that there is no secret just diet and excercise
>Try to explain basic calories in vs calories out, PPL and consistent commitment
>Everytime I explain I get bombarded with comments like
>"Oh I don't want to be too bulky, just toned"
>"It doesn't matter what I eat my metabolism makes me never put on weight!"
>"I don't believe in protein powder"
>"Lifting such heavy weight is bad for you!"
I try my best to give them the help they need, but each time I do they never follow my advice and see no progress and just blame it on genetics or something else, I'm seriously just considering telling friends and family that I just eat a lot of vegetables and do pushups before bed.

Im moving to the middle of nowhere for 6 weeks, with no pair in sight. I'll have a pair of dumbbells (adjustable up to 2 x 20kg, or 1 x 40kg), and a sledgehammer. What do you recommend?

I was just thinking 30 minutes of pounding tyres with the sledgehammer, and then some shoulder/traps/arm work with the dumbbells.

Fuck. No gym, rather.

reminder that rowing is the best cardio

yes
t. vegan

It's cold as fuck where I'm living and I don't enjoy running on a treadmill. Is jump rope a good alternative?

>eating processed crap
hell naw

Stop thinking they ask for advice. Its just a conversation piece. They don't really care.

Whatever happened to Tinytrip? Is he still alive? I miss that guy.

!!

What do if I have a long ass? It is deplorable, I want to kill myself!

Any med or nurse fitizens online?
I have been ill for 2 weeks straight, started off with a strep throat, fever 39C, body aches and incredible zapped of energy for a couple of days, that turned into a cold after 5 days, my cold has now turned into sinusitis.
I usually never get sick, i haven't had a cold in years. Anyone know why i suddenly catch all of this now? should i go see a doc?

A strain your body was not prepared for, good on you for keeping healthy for so long.
>Were there any white spots on your throat during the infection? Did you take anything other than acetaminophen?

>Pain or feeling of heaviness in forehead or cheek bones?

>Tilt your head forward and tell me if it feels heavy.

>Color of mucus?

The cold might have led a bacteria get in, thus leaving you with sinusitis.

having lower bodyfat and higher lean mass actually increases test you fucking retard wtf are you talking about

White spots on tonsils during the strep throat the first days, turned into wounds/ulcers afterwards, very swollen lymph glands and tonsils aswell, i had a hard time swallowing at the worst. I mixed acetaminophen with ibuprofen the first days because of my body aches. sticked to acetaminophen for the throat for the rest of the time.

Pain in cheekbones as of now, can feel pressure in my forehead

Tilting my head forward makes it feel heavy/lot of pressure and hurts cheekbones even more

Muscus was yellow the first day, it has been clear and thick for 3 days now.

lymph nodes are still swollen and sore

Can someone check my form for me?

First is the first warm up set with 95 lbs (not the only warm up set done). The second was supposed to be the working set at 205, but I wasn't feeling it by the 3rd rep.

I'm wondering if my hips are too high while I'm setting up. I did one more set after the working one where I lowered my hips a bit and lowered the weight to 195 and was able to hit all 5 reps, but I'm not sure if it was the right thing to do

Is soreness here after upper body workout doms or an injury?

Flat bench, OHP, Incline bench, Lat raise, Pushdown, db french press

Most likely doms. I get it after my higher volume bench days.

Depends on when the soreness developed and how long it's lasted.

If it happened during or very shortly after a lift, it's an injury. If it's the day after the workout it's probably DOMS

Which should I hook up with?

The girl that looks Veeky Forums, but lives like a fat slob meme and basically sits on a couch and drinks beer every day?

The chunky girl that trains for netball 3 days/week, doesn't drink and apparently eats enough over maintenance to be described this way?

How did the set feel when you lowered your hips? If it felt good i would do that, it seems like (could be the camera angle) that your shoulders are out in front of the bar. By sitting a bit more back with your hips, you can bring the shoulders in line with the bar. So try lowering your hips a bit and see how it feels.

Is it better to do a 3x/week routine that includes everything or an everyday routine that includes a bit of everything in a 4 day cycle?

This is during my bulk

Is this a good main lift for lower body days? Thinking about doing this heavy while practising front squat.

Why not both?

the latter because she has enough money for food and if shes fat she might be insecure enough to sugardaddy you

Why not just stick to regular deadlifts?
albeit hex bar deadlifts are neat, they can be a bit easier on the back.

do whatever you want mang, just stick to either fullbody or 2 split the first years

The lowered hips set felt solid. I could get more squeeze in my chest when I did it. I just obviously don't want to be doing a half-assed squat.

I'll get another video on my next deadlift day. I just kind of did the last set as an experiment and didn't think to get a video for it

Should I be doing any accesory exercises or lifts with SS? Scooby recommends cardio, and I've been throwing in planks. Thoughts?

>Why not just stick to regular deadlifts?

Because they seem easier and also target quads a little bit. Because learning how to front squat properly is probably going to take several weeks, making the workouts in-between a bit too posterior heavy.

If you are worried about "half-assed squat" by lowering your hips, then instead try to think of it as you are sitting back, while simultaneously holding on to the bar as a counter weight so you don't fall backwards. Makes sense?
And remember that everybody deadlifts their own way, you just gotta find your niche, even if that niche is looking like a squat deadlift.

imo you can't get too much posterior work in, but yeah hex bar deadlifts works more as an "overall lower body movement" compared to regular deadlifts.
Keep in mind that both hex bar deadlifts increase knee load, and front squats increase knee load by a big margin. What does your current lower body routine look like?

>What does your current lower body routine look like?

It's not a very strict routine. I have planned RPT progression in DL and back squat which I rotate, and then I do bulgarian squats, smith squats, calves and so on pretty much by intuition.

Well have you thought about staying with that program, and throwing in Front squat work at the beginning or end instead? That way you can still get a good full leg workout, while working on your front squat form.
If i may comment on your program, i would swap out smith squats for glute ham raises.

Going back to my old gym while visiting my folks. It's a small gym, only had two barbells:

One normal size, but had no grip left at all
One thick, but had plenty of grip since nobody uses it

Which would be easier for deadlift? I'm thinking thick but what does Veeky Forums think?

be a hero and donate a new barbell

How the fuck should we know? try them both

I have considered it. The only issue with it is that I work out at a free gym so rack time is rather limited. Of course there are bars that I could clean...

Anyway thanks for the advice.

>hell naw
Dude, even whole wheat foods are processed. Just look at pasta for fucks sake.

How many calroies in 500g chicken breasts? Can I eat them everyday?

This is a stupid question but I've never been fit in my life so I honestly don't know. How do I get fit, like cardio fit so I don't get gassed after 5 minutes of sparring? Will running help by increasing cardiovascular endurance, or will running only make me better at running?
The thing that's killing me is all the diving, rolling, and short bursts of energy, so while my first thought is to run (i.e. jog), I'm worried that won't help at all. Would sprint intervals or training shuttle runs help more?

Yes you can eat them every day
Google the amount of calories. Dont forget the ratio is 4:5 raw to cooked.

Depends how thick, how big your hands are, and how good your grip is. In conclusion we cannot tell you

>netball
U ausfag or kiwifag?

Depends on goals but for cardio, yes

Fibre is important desu senpai
There isn't much evidence out there about processed vs whole foods, but the biggest reason why you should try to eat more whole than processed is that we don't know everything about nutrition yet so it's best to stick with what nature provided us for millennia
Personally i dont give a fuck about that, I eat mostly soylent type products (twennybars, derishus), but i can see why people would be wary of that.

how do I remove buttwink? Once I reach paralell if I go below I turn into a bee sting

I've been stretching my hammstrings to see if it fixes but no idea if thats the problem, and it also seems the stretching works for a few minutes only then next day its the same tightness

Does OHP hit all three delt heads or just the front?

Am I actually meant to jump in a power clean?
I saw a Rippletits video where the guy he is teaching jumps off the floor when cleaning, but surely you aren't meant to leave the floor?

He left the floor because the weight was too light, if you lift heavy enough you won't be physically able to, but the action will be the same

I got high and danced like a tard 2 days ago. Yesterday I played soccer. Today it hurts to cough and I failed all my lifts. Am I dying?

Any Australians ordered from MyProtein? Cheap as fuck, but I'm concerned about customs issues since it's based overseas.

My FWB asked me if I am seeing other girls. Why tho?

Sorry, went out drinking. It wasn't viral, it was bacterial and probably your body managed to fight it off (congrats! a lot of people can't fight off infections nowadays) but it hid in your sinuses.

Go to the doctor, user. You'll live.

thinking about chewing nicotine gum for it's appetite suppressant
not sure how much to chew and how often
any experiences with this?

How much of one's protein intake does the body use for energy instead of building muscle? For example, if I have an egg white omelette at 7AM using 1 cup of egg whites (0 carbs, 0 fat, 28g of protein) and don't eat anything until lunch, is all the protein used for energy instead of building muscle?

he's alive. apparently he got a girlfriend and lost all his gains, but i don't know

yes. he writes that he didn't include curls in the program because he figured people would do them anyway. pull ups and dips are also recommended

the lungs are a muscle just like your biceps, quads, etc. so those may just be doms from working them so much how long did you dance/play soccer for?

Is sumo deadlift really bad for your shoulders?

by "he" i was referring to rip

/r9k/ isnt due to low test its due to single mothers and ugly neets.

2x20kg dumbells if im reading correctly is honeslty all you need for most things. At least for 6 weeks. You can curl, shrug, farmers walks, and tricep work. The sledgehammer can work endurance and abs while swinging and maybe you can lay it across your back like a squat bar and do some lunges. Its not ideal but you will be fine for 6 weeks.

It isnt doms actually. I had the same thing, prevented me from doing OHP for bit. Its probably from incline bench hitting it at a bad angle or too much load on it. I took out incline for a bit and it was ok. Take out incline and OHP to let it recover and slowly add it back in.

drinking coffee is probably healthier than nicotine gum and has a hunger suppressor to it.

chunky girl whos fit

how can anyone ask such a stupid question.

just run god damnit, pic a course and aim to increase your speed every single time you run it.

jeez

How long should a set of 5 take?
Especially when doing squats every rep after the first three becomes a fight with 2-3 breaths between reps. Is that normal when doing SS or should I deload?

What the fuck is the press? I see it on routines but when I google the exercise I get all sorts of different results.

Doing allpro for 10 weeks now, still seeing a clear imbalance in my left and right pecs. I don't feel my right pec engaging on presses nearly as much as I feel it in my left. I suspect my right arm is picking up the workload, or I just have improper form. Is there any way to really know without doing a demo for somebody?

Most likely the Military press /Overhead Press

>/r9k/ isnt due to low test its due to single mothers and ugly neets.
>single mothers
Hi /pol/

afaik it depends on what you are doing and on your BF% - as long as you are not burning much calories between breakfast and lunch your body should use the glycogen reserves instead of the protein

I'm feeling some slight, muscle-sore like pain in my hip creases (or the joints between my hip and torso) whenever I squat. It's usually the worst during the first couple sets, but goes away in the later stages of workout.

Is this bad form or are my muscles shit and need some exercises to increase their flexibility? Also, it feels like I'm shifting all my weight onto the left knee whenever this happens and afterwards, making it hurt for the rest of the day after squats.Similarly, what could be happening here and how can I fix it?

I haven't been here in ages, had a personal quarter life crisis and didn't use my gym membership for 9 months.

I'm hoping to start this week. Has anything changed these past months for beginners? About to start SS, 24 and skelly

Thanks, I need all the help and advice I can get

I am 183cm and 67kg, trying to lean bulk on 3000kcal. What would be a good macro ratio? Currently I'm at 40/30/30, which means 300g carbs, 225g protein and 100g fat. Is this somewhat okay? Hoe can I optimise this?

Could be a lack of mobility, try going into a deep squat with toes pointing outward and press your knees outward while leaning forward. If you get the same soreness as when you are squatting you know what to stretch

Anyone here ever been in the military? What sort of diet/food regime do they have in boot camp, which is when I'm assuming the physical training is at its most intense. I'm thinking of enlisting next year and I want to get myself in shape and adjusted for military mode until then.

you are not going to lean bulk on that many calroies

Been eating 2800 for the past weeks and have lost roughly 1kg. I have a physically demanding job.

Do peanuts have too much fat to bulk on them?
26g of protein and 49g of fats in a 100g.
What would happened if I ate 100g a day?

Anyone?

Will changing butter/melange which contains mainly saturated fats to olive-oil with unsaturated fats have any impact on anything?

libido?

Just do SS, eat more than you think you should and you should be okay for the next 3-4months

plz respond

I'm currently cutting on 2600 on off-days/refeed, 2100 on weightlifting days, and 2500 on mma/thaiboxing days.

stats
bw: 83kg (75kg goal)
height: 187cm
bench:90kgx5
squat: 80kgx5
deadlift: 120kg
ohp: 50kg

currently my week looks like this,

thaiboxing/mma&wl/mma&wl/mma&wl/wl/mma/day off

why would you go to maintenance on your weightlifting days instead of rest-days?

Oh alright, didn't know about your job, my bad user.
I would try out 40/30/30 as it is a standard good combination. If you want you could try upping your carbs and lowering your protein intake. Carbs are anti catabolic, and are important when you are physical active. And you will still do fine with less protein. Just make sure that you get sufficiently with leucin in your diet.

Depends on the rest of your diet, you should aim to get about 15% satured and 15% unsatured in your diet

Do your benchpress with dumbells for muscle imbalances. You could try at the bottom of the exercise to "fly out" with your arms, creating a small stretch on your pecs. Then push back up from that position.

Thanks m8, cheers. I am currently at 40/30/30, so I guess I'll keep going with it and see how 3000kcal effect my body.

I easily get marks on my skin from having something press on it, like leaning on chairs or simply wearing gloves.

Is this maybe an indicator that I'm missing some vitamins or shit?

currently doing SL 3x5, considering switching to PPL, but is it worth doing if I can only go 3x a week?

I'm honestly just trying to find an excuse to get out of squatting 3x a week if someone can give me one.

How can I prevent lower back pain after running?

>that retarded diet plan
This is why you are weak as fuck

IIFYM

Muscles are liquid now, you have to shake them around as much as possible to induce hypertrophy
Do all your exercises on a bosu ball

READ THE FUCKING BOOK YOU JACKASS

Will vary with intensity. Take as long as you need to

It's not actually a jump, but when you explosively extend your feet will typically leave the floor

Practice hang cleans before pulling from the ground

Mostly just the front

Practice sitting in the hole, your body will adapt to better positioning
Mobilize everything, not just hamstrings

Why not both?

Post form checks
Shoulders are easy to become trouble spots for many people

Sit further back
Look at your shoulder blades, they are too far forwards from the bar. Your arms should be vertical, they are angled

Post your lifts
If you're not weak as fuck, it's perfectly acceptable to ease up the deadlift day by switching the squat to 3-rep front squats or dropping the squat on that day altogether. The latter is better used if you are actually strong and all the weight x volume is tearing you apart

Control your running form, use less bounce and focus your momentum forwards rather then up and down. Keep your torso upright too. The forward bend should be at your ankles, not waist. Also, better shoes may help, or even just trying to keep off of the pavement (though these are typically better solutions for ankle/knee pain)

Stretch afterwards. If you're like me; tight hams? Back pain. Tight quads? Back pain. Tight hips? Back pain

Core strength and proper running posture can help out greatly with that. Also, if the pain is coming from your spine area rather than back muscles, go see a doctor immediately. I fucked up my lower back because I was being a retard about it, don't be like me.

FUCK THAN

It doesn't sound like a cause of concern, any other symptoms? I am thinking either a small zinc or vitamin B6 deficiency, just to satisfy your curiosity.
I wouldn't act on it unless other symptoms are present, as an overdose on zinc isn't something you want.

From experiences and anecdotes, lower back pain from running seems to originate from somewhere else. AKA the running provokes the pain, but it isn't the root of the problem.

Nah, that is the only real symptom I can think of, the marks just appear to last up to half an hour and look weird sometimes. It started after me doing a clean bulk, so thought I'm missing something