Friends at the gym

>Recently started going to the gym
>I am 24 and live at home
>No friends at work, no friends from school, no social life
>When I started at the gym my dad was really proud of me
>He seems to think that I will make friends at the gym
>Every time I get back he asks me 'did you talk to anyone today son?'
>always tell him no
>explain it is improper etiquette to bother people during a workout and people do their stuff, and get out
>he won't listen
>insists it is 'nonsense' and 'you can make friends at the gym son, they want to get big too, you have something in common'
>keeps pestering me
>think he is angry at me for not making friends at the gym
>he has started writing down lists of 'conversation starters' for me to use at the gym
>puts them into a lunchbox along with a cheese sandwich which he gives to me before I leave
>they are always shit like
>'Hey buddy. How did you lift that weight? Would you like to gift me a mate?' and 'Hey, would you like to discuss these dumbbells over some yum beers?'
>he always asks if I tried them
>lie and tell him yes, they didn't work
>now he is trying to find a gym with more 'social' people
>keeps pressuring me to oin a chain gym where people walk around texting and not working

Veeky Forums, what the fuck do I do? You aren't even meant to talk at the gym right?

make friends
jesus fuck it's not hard

>'Hey, would you like to discuss these dumbbells over some yum beers?'

This can't be real.

I don't want friends.

I've made lots of friends at the gym, including the PTs. It's a small gym though and we're always the same people.

>'Hey buddy. How did you lift that weight? Would you like to gift me a mate?' and 'Hey, would you like to discuss these dumbbells over some yum beers?'
I think your dad wants you to be initiated to gay sex

Go away. You piece of shit 15 year old shitposter.

You're a naive piece of fucking shit, kill yourself

i've made friends at the gym
99% of the time it starts with asking to work in with someone. There'll be a time where neither of you are lifting and then you introduce yourself, ask how long they've been lifting/if they're from the area/whatever. Once you've had a conversation with them you can ask at the end of your session when they're next training, and you can train with them again and make friends

Start passing out these

>9gag
subtle chuckle

Knew someone would comment on it.

There's some funny shit there me and my normie friends can get a laugh out of on there.

That's not the point. The point is always sunny has a solution for finding like minded friends for OP

this is either excellent b@it, or.. your dad really said
>Hey, would you like to discuss these dumbbells over some yum beers?

did I hurt your feelings?

I wish my dad cared about me, all I ever got was a couple of b-day cards and maybe a $20 on the good years.

imma go out on a limb and guess that you are a nigger

Yes. Now I expect you to apologize or make me feel better.

>'Hey, would you like to discuss these dumbbells over some yum beers?'
>Discuss dumbbells
>Yum beers

He didn't say it, he wrote it

I made a friend by asking someone to coach me on my deadlift form.

>Hey, would you like to discuss these dumbbells over some yum beers?

This

First off, do you just not have friends? Why is he so obsessed with this?

If your gym has classes, go to one or two and meet people. Or join a sports team or something.

you just grab them by the pussy

CHAD makes friends just by SAYING "what up, bro?" while your DAD is writing you CONVERSATION STARTERS like "Hey, would you like to discuss these dumbbells over some yum beers?'

Dude, it is stupidly easy to make friends.
You must have a mental disorder if you can't smile and make small talk.

I got one for you OP this one always works,

>want to discuss fitness over at my place?

gym is not the perfect place to make friend... you should try playing in a team sport