Why did you start lifting?

I started after seeing this Magic's card
I wanted to be like him

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6uOngXn0CGI
youtube.com/watch?v=PwYCvTpYMCA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Because I didn't want to be fat anymore

Now I'm not fat, but I'm small, because I never lifted seriously (doing SL for a couple months, taking a break for a couple, starting SL again. Wasted like 2 years doing this shit)

I feel like I'm too old now to get a physique like a lifter in their late teens/early twenties can, but at the very least, I figure I should stave off getting fat again and hopefully lifting will give me stronger joints and shit for middle age

I saw a picture of my face after getting off a roller coaster ride and being like "holy shit, do I actually look like that?" That's when I was in Auschwitz mode. Still a lanky guy, but I've put on about 12 pounds since then (of mostly muscle) and that was about 4 months ago. Still enjoying it and going strong

I'm 5'2", and pretty slim, and I wanted to be impressively strong, and not necessarily gain muscle mass.

looks like a fag

>5'2"
And here I thought I was the manlet.

I'm not a man, lel

I refuse to be believe there are females who browse this shithole of male self-pessimism.

>saw a picture of my self LITERALLY soaking wet and you could see how frail I looked
>weighed myself and I weighed 132 lb
>I'm 6'3 m8
>worst nightmare come true
>stressful nights and 14 hour truck shifts, and no eating did this too me

I just Hit 170lb yesterday.
long ways from 200 but I'm on the path.

I haven't in months. Came on when i first started lifting, but left because it is a shithole. Came back because exam procrastination

>btw I'm a gril ;)

We can do it. I'm at 185 after a painful journey from 6'3 and 140. So close to 200, but depression kicks in and I lose 10 lbs so fast.

gf of 8 years broke up over facebook, knowing that my previous gf had broken up through text

I must be seriously hard to talk to, but at least I am Veeky Forums now, heh.....jokes on them...heh...

>say I'm a gril in first post
>responses are >btw I'm a gril
>don't say I'm a gril in my first post, and only reveal when relevant
>responses are still >btw I'm a gril
Can't win

i started lifting around high school age. one day after school freshman year, i was walking behind the school with some looser friends when we walked past the field house. the varsity football team was in there lifting with the double doors open. those guys were all jacked and really strong, like texas football, 80's steroids strong.

i moved to a new town shortly after that, and i was alone a lot at first. i bought a weight bench and put it on the back porch. been lifting ever since.

When I got on a dating site and couldn't even get a response from girls I didn't want to fuck. Decided that I didn't want to feel "lucky" for managing to get a girlfriend. I had dated a few girls previously, but always felt inadequate because I was weaker than them. You can't have a stable relationship with someone like that.

And just as I'm writing this I had a girl send me her number without me even messaging her so i guess it worked desu

cuz i wanted a hot gf.

too bad i started when i was 25 and had 0 social circle.

you can be the hottest guy around, doesnt do you shit for good if youre never around any girls worth getting with

I started lifting for her

LONDON

Started lifting in high school for wrestling and havent stopped.

When my friends started to say my face looked like my fatter friend.

Was a little pudgy as a teenager. Becoming a cardiobunny didn't make me happy, and I realised I really wanted a more masculine physique. Turned out lifting was fun and fulfilling as shit. Mite have some gender issues tbqh, but just gonna lift and pray.

youtube.com/watch?v=6uOngXn0CGI

>hopefully lifting will give me stronger joints and shit for middle age
And that bone density
> "I've fallen but I can get up"

So I can beat up my step dad one day.

Yes you are I don't care what you identify as you fag.

I was depressed, so i started to make changes.
first running, then this, then that, aaand you know

why is gootecks in a Veeky Forums thread. This a weird worlds colliding moment for me.

L O N D O N
O
N
D
O
N

The art's okay but that's not how you hold a sword

>lifting for cartoons
never gonna make it

how does that even happen

8 years

christ

this is better magic card

>that mirin orc in the corner

There were a weight room in my Highschool and one PE lession we got to chose what we wanted to do.
I had some friends that were elite swimmers that benched 220lbs when we were 14-15yo.
But I couldn't bench the bar.

That humiliation got me into the mindset that I needed to become stronger.
>that's soon 15 years ago

I don't lift but if anyone thing I saw that would give me inspiration it would be the Manowarrior, mascot for Manowar.

>that fucking album

Me and my best friend used to listen to that while reading DBZ when we were 15yo.

Gooey does actually go to the gym

ITS A FUCKING GOBLIN YOU NORMIE FUCK REEEEE

Fuck off Veeky Forums.

Out of everything in the world, your body is the only thing that's trully yours.
It needs to last for the entire life, and massively impacts the quality of your life.

Money, power, women, cars ... even if everything is taken from you, even if you lose all, your body last thing left to you.

Take care of it.

I wanted to be strong and feel good about myself
Didn't have a goal originally, but now my goal body is Guts

I got bored with playing videogames and watching anime. Not even kidding, it all just seemed so... dull. Needed another hobby to pass the time and ended up thinking: “why not make yourself a little better?“ Now I have learned to speak and write russian and been lifting for about 4 years, currently trying to read up on history and trying to get into learning japanese. Life is good.

You started lifting for a fujo lesbian?

I started because my boyfriend wanted me to have a huge ass

get chopping

go to bed sarah

This is the only truth.

muh nigga

after watching this advert
youtube.com/watch?v=PwYCvTpYMCA

>he hammer grips his rapier
>not putting your finger over the ricasso
Flunking disgusting.

>And here I thought I was the manlet.
Kek. Underrated post.

Went from somking weed and playing vidya all day to not smoking at all.
When the feels came back I tried to smoke away, coupled with regret over the time wasted made me go up the walls. Thought I'd go crazy with pain. So I took up lifting and a number of other things to keep the insanity at bay and have something else to do than sit around and stare down the abyss at my feet all day.
Now I get tired, hungry and horny again like a proper human being - my Body's back after I was nothing more than a brain in a jar for so long.
Feels good Brehs.

>go to doc about acid reflux
>he points out im obese
>mom loses her shit
>I ask her to leave
>talk to him for 30 minutes
>he basically explains to me that im killing myself slowly
>the reason im tired all the time at 13 even with 12 hours sleep is because of how fat i am
>the reason my dick is so small is because of how much fat is covering it
>find out that weightloss without surgery is actually possible
>realize that its possible for me to get a gf, have male friends, and get a job that isn't at the gas station
>Mom begins losing her mind about me losing weight and threatens to disown me and a bunch of other shit
>"what would that even matter? You're slowly killing me anyway, I probably have a better chance surviving on the streets than with someone who has sabotaged me"
>she is now an empty husk
>im getting my life together
>going to abandon her pretty soon

come on user, don't be a bitch to one person that has always loved you. (even tho she fucked ur shit up)

I was a truck driver for a year and gained a ton of weight. Browsed fit one day just to take a look and got pumped to start lifting. Quit that job as a truck driver. Came back home. Cut down to 180 from 220 and now I'm gaining more weight in muscle than fat. Feels good.

Sad!

lol

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

Good luck

kek

>Lifted casually when I was 17 for about a year (can't remember any particular reason; probably compensating for being a manlet)
>Stopped when I went to uni
>Become seriously ill in 2nd year, drop out, diagnosed with pan-colitis and depression
>By the time I started colitis medication I weighed 109lb due to malnutrition
>Started SL 5x5 once i was in remission

Now I'm back up to 130lbs and feel better than ever. It's also done wonders for my depression.

To not hate myself anymore

Isn't Victor from Shandalar? Couldn't there be orcs there as well?

Listen to this user.
Also, don't listen to your mom.

Jacket I ordered didn't fit and I got a job in construction so keeping my back healthy takes priority.

My best bud got Veeky Forums as shit and looked amazing. I was so inspired. He ended up going too ham on rock climbing and fucked up his arm (tendonitis maybe, he's not sure) and now he can't lift at all. I still do though. Whenever I think about skipping a day I remember that he can't even go and I tell myself to sack up.

I finished getting my life on track in every other way, so I figured I might as well get fit.

>my brother and I took the same weightlifting class back when we were still in high school

because I can't be chad or at least daniel at 6'0 130lb

>I don't lift
Why do I still browse this board

No, fuck that fat cunt. Do what she can't, user. Have the willpower to change yourself for the better

Sheeeid

>first internship
>first day with clients
>they ask quite genuinely what year of school I was in
Considering im in my fourth year of University and 22 years old I took it as a wake up call I looked like a faggot twink school kid and needed to get fit.

>Watch One Punch Man
>Think to self "I can do that"
>Except for running, I can do that but its unbearable
>Keep going for 15 days before injuries prevent me
>After that introduce rest days, eventually work up to more bodyweight exercises before switching to dumbbells then bigger dumbbells then a barbell set
>Been just over one year, went from deadlifting 115 to deadlifting 265

Thank you master Saitama.

I was sick of being powerless and I had a lot of obstacles that needed to be defeated.
I've nearly conquered them all now.
Im very close.
I'll win.

I watched my dad deadlift a minivan full of kids and I wanted to be able to do that. Like a fucking superhero.

>If you stare at the sun for too long, you'll lose your ability to see clearly.
This was my motivation too. Are you me?

I love sun-ken rock so much

bretty good

Anyway, one day I looked at myself in the mirror, and for the first time realized I didn't like how I looked any more, I had gone from skinny to skinnyfat and only saw myself going downhill from there.

We will all die or make it one day.

Keep going user. I want you to win.

I felt weak. I hated myself just cause I looked like a dyel faggot.
It also makes me feel better and I get complimented more so it paid off.

my ideal body is femto

Thank you.
You too

fuck

I'm still DYEL

But I saw a picture of myself, and my face looked fat. I was 6'3 185 at the time, which isn't fat in any way, but I was kinda skinny fat and just unfortunately have bad fat placement (is that a thing) in my face

started running and lifting, four months now. My face has slimmed a little bit but my legs and lower body have definitely slimmed down a noticeable amount.

Figure I just keep this up and I'll look alright in about a year

C-Casca!?!?

Because I was a pussy who came home and started crying after the first girl I had the courage to ask out, in 11th grade, rejected me brutally.

My dad told me to stop acting like a little bitch and forced me to start going to the gym. Four years later, and 65 pounds heavier (120 pound skelly when I started), I'm addicted to it, and can't ever stop.

For confidence and self-esteem

> blame genes
> "looks don't matter"
> Got pretty sick in 08
> Lost like 20lbs in a few weeks due to malnourishment
> look at 220 me after beign 240 me for ~20 years
> "...oh shit..."
I've been off gym for better part of a year now and have gone back up to 200(6'2"); I think I was 217 the last time I was weighed, but I've lost a smidge since then.
Srsly, not drinking soda in and of it's self is probably half of the reason my new causal weight is 30lbs lower than where it used to be, but I used to be convinced I was just a big guy and there was nothing I could do about it. There are so many foods I used to eat all the time that make me ill from the amount of grease or sugar in them. I've gone for years without them and it's like I've lost some built-up immunity to junk food I used to have.

-also fit girls are the hottest.
Always had a thing for tall/fit girls, realized after I worked out they were all at the gym dating fit guys. Ergo, gotta' get fit to get fit.

Can anyone tell me what the first two trap cards are, and what the 6th and 10th monster in the Extra Deck are? Only snapshot I have of this deck but I've never seen those few cards before

I just started lifting because this girls I dated and really liked just wanted to stay friends. I was feeling pretty insecure because I'm overweight and I figured she thought I was unattractive. I'm doing pretty well now. I've lost 20 pounds so far and plan to lose more. After which, I plan to focus on muscle building. I've gotten to the point where I'm mostly doing it for myself.

Ok

"i know ive ruined the rest of your entire life but i still love you"
Bullshit. If she actually did love him, she wouldnt have fucked his shit up.

>always get in fights
>always with people bigger or taller than me because i like a challenge
>always fuck shit up but lose because they have a weight/height advantage
>say no more to myself
>i will become strong enough to be able to rip their fat hearts out and break their tall arms and legs
>haven't fought anyone yet