/owg/

A thread for the discussion of the sport of weightlifting and all things related. Keep the insults and shitposting to a minimum.

>old thread made it to bump limit bcos of me hehe

>If you are new to weightlifting please read these first and check the other sources they link to before asking questions:
pastebin.com/1HgVcGam (embed)
pastebin.com/wCXeXfkk (embed)
chinfl.blogspot.sk/2013/07/how-into-weightlifting.html
reddit.com/r/weightlifting/wiki/faq

>helpful blogs:
yashathoughts.com
pentupwl.files.wordpress.com/

>The information that you are looking for is probably in the above links.
That includes routines, shoes, information on the lifts, etc. Check out the pastebins for literature or the reddit faq for general information.

>youtube stuff:
youtube.com/channel/UCl3WCm2GfvLxvH877oJ1xEA/playlists
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLfIeSgSBSoCJpz57KfVoqp4K4AeSFAfD
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLotmoPX6Kq0WJH2uws60250m1YTtg3j8Q
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6JVkciQ5ivAZBA3orJe37VOH_f5bcyyz

old

Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/p/BMXq1STA1A9/
youtube.com/watch?v=GkbotYXW_cU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

she keeps posting lewd photos/videos on her stories even though she already married

What's some good accessory lifts/movements to get my snatch up?

wow i completely forgot about the other qt3.14 on the background, i guess she quit seriously lifting again and is just doing it for fun sometimes

Squats, snatch balance, core shit any will do.

tfw no Yoon bf

>powerlifter
>try weightlifting once (WL coach was there to instruct me)
>barelly hit my clavicle because I don't have the mobility for the bar to land on my shoulders
>to this day one collarbone is bigger than the other

How come all ya'll dont have broken collarbones?

We have the mobility for the bar to hit our shoulders

How much were you lifting?

Like fucking lmao1pl8 and it still made my bone inflate

Why'd you lift that much if it was your first time?

Dunno really. Tfw perfect proportions for oly. Maybe I should give it another go

Start stretching

ya

Guise, the other day i dropped the bar on my back and it didnt hurt that much. Every now and again i get an annoyance along my spine. Otherwise i still have full mobility. Will i be alright?
Is this normal? Should i visit a traumatologist?

What can i do to improve my shoulders? I feel that all my lifts are being dragged down by my shoulders. They always fucking hurt.

That is fucking impressive.

god if I were in that gym I wouldn't be able to control myself I'd suck every single cock in there holy shit theyre so hot

I've had a hickey looking bruise on my collarbone for the last 8 months.

True

Thinking of handing in my natty card lads.

My best back squat is 182kg, C&J 128, Snatch 110 @94.

Roughly how much more would I be lifting with a test e + dbol cycle?

Why does every American gym have that typical bearded groomed hipster motherfucker in the background in a c&k tshirt

Your c&j should be higher than that as it is so hard to say seeing as it's obviously technic

there's a usa weightlifting gym near me, and i'd like to go

i hurt my lower back a few months ago lifting, but its better now. they said they can get me on a powerlifting program and then i might move to olympic weightlifting

do you think that would help my lower back (doing it right with them) or put it at risk ?

>tfw patellar tendinosis will never go away and I will never lift again
Should I just get knee wraps and lift through the pain? This kind of life isn't worth living.

is there hope for someone who never lifted before, had a sedentary job for the past 10+ years with really terrible ankle mobility?

can't even go below parallel on squats. if i try to do front squat i can't even reach parallel because i will tip over. what are some good stretches i can do to fix that?

Fuck she looks good

Voodoo floss if you want to work through it, or rest

>tendinosis
>rest
Not going to work. I rested for 2 years.

100% man, might as well kys you fucking bitch

Why are you mad?

because you quit on yourself, i hate people who quit on themselves

fuck u cunt

If I had quit I wouldn't be looking for help.

I don't know why, but it pissed me off that she didn't rerack the bar.

Is it normal to not rerack the bar when squatting?

>he thinks those tits are big

if you're at a wl gym and it's your last set yes, for me it's easier to take the plates off when it's on the ground compared to when you rerack it on those fucking shitty racks we use, ive fucked up taking plates off the bar when it's racked was so tired and not thinking and took too many plates off on one side and the bar went flying. everyone just laughed it off

women's bar you have to take off plates at the same time or it will fall off the racks

would impregnate

Check em

>

what's worse is people who buy those stuff, the guy in the background got those for free since he works there

dude would probably still get medals if russia lets him compete

fucking monster

What worked for me was working on my flexibility through my quads, and much of the pain went away. Every now and then I have to take some ibuprofen before working out to avoid the pain, but I'm functional again. Still going through the recovery process, but that's what helped me break through.

How does he catch a max weight in a half squat position? Don't oly lifters usually go ATG?

he's just showing off, doing powers

How do you avoid that kind of knee cave in though? I have similar problems with rep max weights or if I'm doing a 3 or even 5 rep max that the last rip I have this shitty cave in. I'm quite worried I might injure something in the future.

D I G G I T S
I
G
G
I
T
S

pls help

I've developed a pain in my quadricep across the lower outer part in particular, which now feels incredibly tight (IT band as well).

It's not noticeable sitting down or resting, it is very painful if i go down to the bottom position (eg when i get clothes out of the washing machine etc. not actual training) particularly where the IT band meets the knee, if i were to lift the pain would not become greater during lifting and instead go away for a bit and come back afterwards,

if i look in the mirror and flex my legs my right leg feels like its fully contracting and the individual muscles have separation (at least relative to my left leg), my left leg does not feel like it is contracting all the way and the muscles look much more like just one solid mass, so im thinking the muscles have a lot of adhesion, in fact through digging around with my hands it does feel like there are many knots in the muscle.

any advice? how 2 fix?

isn't the form a little fucked up? I was always told by Veeky Forums and guides that knees shouldn't go past toes and butt goes back

Get stronger

Where else would the hipster go to pretend they lift?

Veeky Forums is full of fucking idiots bro

i hearding blue shoes us converting to strongman.. he went from wl to pl, now hes a strongman. whats next for this kid? he's been world class in all.....

picture related.. hes doing a strong 50lb bucket lift in training...

go back to Veeky Forums

I am strongest here u don't no me fuck cunt

post more cute girls

dont tell me what to do

>tfw no qt flipina gf

ilya a cute :3

Hey friends,
I live in Seattle and would like to learn the lifts. I checked the USAW Club listings and there are two that are close to me but they're both Crossfit boxes.

How do I make sure someone who knows their shit is teaching me and not some crossfit pleb?

You only need to go as low as what is necessary. Don't trust me though

Is this 440lbs?

Q. T!!!!

All I can look at is that fucking black dot

his form is fine

look at the club info, research the coach see if he has good credentials. if he doesnt, look at the people he coach, do they have all have good form that roughly looks the same. if they still dont, ask for a sample of his programming, if it looks good and not just a bunch of singles for a couple sets he might be good. try it out for a couple months see how it goes

unless you're absolutely retarded low iq and unathletic piece of shit, you would be fine with changing technique down the line if what he teaches doesnt work. happens all the time unless you live in russia or china where they have the coaching down

hng

i wish they post more accessory work

his fucking core stability is insane, the plate dropping while trying to rerack would have guys just drop it, he holds it like it's nothing

what the fuck is that in her armpit

check'd

cupping marks, it's the new hot meme for recovery

who is this
P A N A M A C I T Y
A
N
A
M
A

C
I
T
Y

rip in pieces

Jessie Bradley

What is that, 140?

Just throwin' it around like it's nothing. No big deal.

not bad

I didnt think dirty nips would be so strong. Thought they all want to be fuccboi boipussi for their women.

this girl gives the dynamic start new meaning
instagram.com/p/BMXq1STA1A9/

Sjej

did she piss herself?

song?

nvmnd found it
youtube.com/watch?v=GkbotYXW_cU

She hit herself in the dick

Why is my right index finger and hand still numb? It usually goes away the day after I've trained. Fucking nerve impingement why is my right shoulder so fucking shit.

thats simply not true, good luck not letting your knees go past toes on a front squat

You are literally retarded. Take Anatomy 101 before you post on this board please.

it's quite literally impossible to front squat or high bar squat without your knees going past your toes, only way to prevent that is by doing retard low bar squats, which obviously you won't see much of on /owg/

had the same problem. going to an oly gym is going to make things better trust me. but you need to be extra careful and perform all lifts with perfect form before adding weight.