What age did you start?

Current 6' 250 lb fatass here, 24 years old and a Software Engineer so my job is entirely sedentary.

What age did you start? Is it too late for me? Can I still get good looking at hit up bars when I'm fit at like 26?

Yes I've read the sticky and have lurking here the past week, so i know how to work out and shit

I'm 24 and started working out a couple of months ago. My numbers are going up and I've never felt better. It's not too late, man. Go for it!

28. Am 31 now

Not to late at all friend.
If you're sitting all day you need to drop your caloric intake a lot. Less calories and healthy ones.
Light exercise will always help.

24 is young enough to turn it around. I turned it around at 20 and can hit up bars at 22. Your window is closing though, act fast.

Similar situation, 24 yo biomedical engineer started with Staring Strength and consistent schedule/eating. 28 now.

Mad huge gains (for me) and got confidence that I never imagined and haven't looked back since.

I didnt lift for girls but the new found confidence found a handful of girls that I couldnt have swung without it.

I started at 27, a fat virgin weighing 340 lbs, and no job or education. I got down to 200 over a year in a half of doing nothing but cardio, and calisthenics. I'm 31 now and in school, and up to 250 with weightlifting, and force feeding myself. Just gotta gut your way through shit. Only thing is I wish I was still a virgin.

OP here, I've been tryign to cut my calories by taking out all Cokes/Pepsis and replacing with Diets for now, also cutting on Alcohol this wekend. I still have problems hitting below my TDEE, I relapse often and pig out. I'm trying a 1k deficit b/c i'm fat as fuck

is this deficit too large? What should I be eating or doing to ensure I'm not hungry and then relapse?

>Yes I've read the sticky and have lurking here the past week, so i know how to work out and shit
Ehhhh not really. You'll probably lift with improper form the first few times but don't worry you'll improve
>What age did you start?
22. Now I'm 24
>Is it too late for me?
Nope. You can easily make gains and lose weight.
> Can I still get good looking at hit up bars when I'm fit at like 26?
Depends on your face more than your body. If you are an uggo then no amount of lifting is gonna fix that. But hey atleast your body will look great and you'll have great health
>a Software Engineer so my job
OK so I need your help here. I'm want to do my masters in software engineering from sjsu. How is the field? What's your pay like? What is your educational background?

Brink 2 gallons of water a day. That, and cut out all soda. Diet still raises your blood sugar, and I noticed it makes you crave shit food.

OP Here, only got a BS from an alright State School and got an internship and job through one of the CompSci clubs. Pay is very good, 50-60k starting, but you do need to show that you give a fuck about programming, you can't just have the degree

Started few month before 24, lost 30 kg in one year. Also software eng, Go for it nigga

way way wayyyyyy too big of a deficit.
i was in a 500kcals deficit for 3 months and i lost 10kgs, granted i also ran every day.

my point is, dont overdo it, doesnt matter if it is a surplus or a deficit just dont go overboard, it will fuck you up in the long run, everything will come, just give it time

I can offer cutting advice that worked for me personally in the effort to stay far below your tdee. Go hard on black coffee in the morning, which suppresses appitite, and really try to keep your caloric intake low (like 500 tops) until dinner/late night. Then, you're usually pretty safe to eat hard, even drink in some calories, and stick below your tdee. Basically

>caffeine/500 calories until dinner
>Eat some calories
>possibly drink more calories in (and plan a low cal salad for when you inevitably are drunk hungry)

or if you're not drinking booze, stick with tea (caffeine) which'll energize you, and you just blast out club music or whatever the fuck with all that energy and deal with the hunger. It isn't perfect but you clearly aren't going for a clean cut so, it's enough. Please note that this isn't the healthiest way to go about cutting, but ehhhh the ends justify the means in my opinion.
>is the deficit too large
If you're a fat fuck, a 1k deficit is the upper-tail of reasonable, so it's fine.

OK thanks man

As for your weight try dropping down to 190 and do a lot of cardio. Once you start lifting go with Grey skull with accessories and move to a PPL program after a while as aesthetics seems to be your aim.

All the best man. Good luck with your endeavors

how did you progress? what were your starting stats and what are they now?

1000 might be too much in the long run. Instead of restricting calories that much, up your physical activity. I mean, you will still be in the same calories deficit, but you will be able to eat more than currently on a diet. Try to get up to an hour of walking a day.

started at 18, am now 19, im never going back to my skinnyfatself.

and remember, its never too late bettering yourself

I was weighing 68 kilos. Currently I weigh 82 lean.
bench 50 kilos ->110
OHP 40 kilos ->77
deadlift 60 kilos ->170
It's not a great progress for 3 years, but I don't really follow my workouts and diet religiously. Maybe I should. I don't want to stay a skinny cunt forever.

>What age did you start?
at 25, I was a 210lbs skinny fat 6'1".

Curretnly 240lbs at ~18% bodyfat, in the middle of a massive bulk. Still deadlifting more than 2xBW, so >not fat, just bulking.

I've cut down to 210lbs with 10% bodyfat and maintained that for 2 months before starting the bulk, so not worried about coming back to fatness.

bro you can start whenever.

Fitness is a game that doesn't end, and one that you can't win.

Also you can hit up bars till whenever man, who cares.

True. Most people could do that in 2 years max.
Personally, I reached that kind of level after about 1 year and a couple months, but I did sports before and after 3 years I was at 100kg OHP, 145kg bench, 220kg deadlift and about 150kg squat. Squat is a bit low since I injured my knee and had to rest it for about half a year.

My teeth are still fucked up

No one asked tho, lol

It's ok. Don't worry. We all have been DYELs once.
Though personally I was always on the buff side since I did sports before.

Started at 27. Almost 28 now, and although I spent a lot of months fucking around and not doing shit right or being inconsistant for one reason or another. I still look and feel better than I did.

>What age did you start?

>Is it too late for me?

No

>Can I still get good looking at hit up bars when I'm fit at like 26?

Definitely.

>started at 33
>now 35

Feels good tbhlads.

>tfw you tweak random body parts for no apparent reason

kek

tell me more about yourself

ikr. When I was 20 I think I was build out of rubber and magic. Not so much anymore. Gotta lift smart now.

You see, I did sports before I started lifting, so I could already 1rm bench 85 kg the first time I tried.

I'll bite. What sport nets you the strength to stroll into the gym and push 85kg. And I'd be curious, if this isn't bullshit, in your relative bf% at that point in time.

>23y
>5'8"
>was 105kg (230lbs) 1 1/2 years ago
>broke 80kg (176lbs) today
>aiming for 60kg (132lbs)

You can certainly do it, and even quickly. Although I heard manlets lose weight quicker, which is a plus for me.

Started playing handball at age 13 and kept it up. Switched to water polo at 16 and kept it up until I graduated from school. Since I moved to some other city for university, I had to leave the team and was looking for a new sport. That got me into lifting. On the first day I loaded up the bar for bench and it was easy as pie so I kept increasing until I could barely push it up at 85kg.
Keep in mind, that I was already 6'3 by the age of 18 and bf% was around 15% or so - never really measured but ate a ton every day because water polo consumes a ton of energy.

Okay. Carry on then.

16 here
we're going to make it, r-right?

Started at 22, almost 27. Also a software engineer. No its not too late.

28, but seriously went into it around 30.
Also a fairly sedentary job as a software test manager. Being active helps with keeping sane and having the energy to deal with bullshit, regardless of the job.

You might be able to get a fairly aesthetic body in 2 years for sure, but if your face isn't also decent, along with your own hygiene and personality/charm, then you're not going to get much.

I might have a passable face and body, but my personality/charm is likely lacking. That and i don't go out to anything social. So I'm fucked. You'd probably do better.

As for being 240 lbs, and you want to be at game mode by 26, then you're feasible target is going to be 180-190 lbs. Though it'll be a matter of converting fat to muscle mass for weight, which will be dependent on your eating habits and exercise habits. You'll want to make sure whatever you are working for is maintainable. Otherwise you'll just bounce back the moment you stop.

started at 19 and read a shit ton while doing lifts half assed and diet being half shit half pretty good. Took some breaks. Started again 3 months ago just before I turned 22 and diet is 95% clean while lifting with perfect form religiously.

Also trying to become a software engineer. I'm a senior in college and have a pretty okay time with math and most subjects. I'm in Europe but would love to live somewhere in the US or Canada, idk how hard it would be to relocate.

You Can still go out and easilly smash girls in their early twenties when you're in your late twenties or early thirties.

Infact it's easier.

Started 16, got serious and smarter around 17

13 started getting serious at 14
I am 25 now

Started when I was a 20 years old holocaust survivor. I'm 23, natty and never used a belt. I can deadlift 160kg for 5 reps.

started just before turning 31, was 82kg 172cm manlet, absolute skinnyfat with very thin everything and bigass belly, chain smoker and drinking like hell. Probably around 30%bf.

Now It's been a bit over 2 years since I started, 72kg 12%bf, almost 2 years without smoking and missing none of those.

Still drink like a motherfucker though, need to take it slower.

pretty sure you meant 2 gallons of milk a day

Height?

I am a fellow fatass at 6'1", 345lbs. I'm 36 and just started 9 weeks ago. Making very good strength gains even while eating a deficit and getting shit for sleep. Planning on cutting hardcore come March. If my old ass can do it, you'll be fine.

>virgin totem necklace
not going to make it

Diet soda doesn't break you of the sugar Jew because it's a sugar substitute that's still too sweet. Drink tea, water, coffee, milk or organic vegetable and fruit juice ONLY. Keep in mind most commercial fruit juice is loaded with sugar and even worse than soda so make it yourself if you can or only buy organic,

Not too late.you've wasted a lot of time tho. Natural test production will peak at age 25.

I started at 24.

I'm 47.

It is never too late to improve your body. After all, it's what you have to live in.

Started at 24 as a 6ft 210 tub of fat. Cut down to 170 in a year. Bulked up to 190 in another. It can be done friend.

mirin
But dude take out your fucking trash

23 near 24 years old and college girls are still attracted to me. Not particularly fit, normie don't have the same perception as the people on Veeky Forums.

Hit up bars, but I really don't think that sort of environment is where are the good girls are hiding at. If they are, they're most probably in a flock, ready to bite off male heads.

6'2

>Implying store-bought fruit juice is better than diet soda

Top cuck

Started lifting seriously at 15 when I was a lanky ass Auschwitz skeleton

Made a fuckton of noob gains though and I look not too bad now. It's never too late to start OP. Your body is generally at it's strongest point in your mid 20s, so you might as well start. Just eat good shit and work out with a good routine/program

Look at it this way OP: You can either start now and begin your journey, or you can do nothing and ask yourself the same question again in 2 years.

I was 16 when i started lurking on Veeky Forums. Lost 20lbs in two weeks about a month after that.
Were gonna make it.

Hey OP
You still have time to make it. Wanna make a deal? You help me get an internship with your company and I will be your personal trainer.
My stats:
5'10 House Speaker of manlets
165-170 lbs
Ohp:135x5
Bench: 275
Squat: 275
Deadlift: 335x5

Started at 45; should have started way sooner.

Started at 16, been lifting for 4 months. Any advice for me before I waste my prime years doing some normie program?

I was a fat cunt until recently, but 4 months into lifting and my stars are
60kg bench
40kg ohp
70kg squat
100kg deadlift
@83 kg
Are you eating?

>14
>am 22 now
>undergrad still
>it's never too late; step up you fuck

Different user, but what's the deal about "black" coffee? Is black coffee superior to coffee with milk? I love all types of coffee so it doesn't bother me, but I'm curious.

>Are you eating?
No. Do you even lift?