MEMES

>SS

Come on guys this meme program has out stayed its welcome. Time to update the sticky ffs

>seems to forget it's a BEGINNERS program
Not it's fault you didn't know when to move to the next step.

It even states in PP after linear progression stops that you need to move onto a more advanced routine

You forget, the people who hate on ss arent smart enough to read. The book is invaluable even as an advanced lifter. As you become better some things that didint stand out become the final tweak you need but didnt recognize in the beginning.

OP here, SS is trash as a beginner program as well.

SS is a great beginners routine.

>add accessories
>lower squats to twice a week if legs start to outpace upper body
>don't do GOMAD

Follow until you stall then switch to an intermediate routine based on your goals.

>people will argue against this

>SS is a great routine if you completely change it so you are no longer doing SS

k

Shit you're right, I meant to say it's a "great beginner routine with slight changes."

Basically a linear progression model is best for a beginner.

I-I've been doing SS for three weeks now. Squats went from 155 to 170, bench from 105 to 115. Have I been memeing myself this whole time?

but ss is making me stronger with every passing week?

Yes, your squat should be at 210+ and your bench should be at 135+. Eat more. YNDTP

your changes are shit and make the routine less effective. SS is recommended as it is because that's what makes you strongest in the shortest period of time.

I'm 145, 5'8. I'm going to the gym and eating a lot. Uni meal plan offers a lot of protein, but I haven't gotten any stronger.

And I do 25 mins of cardio before lifting, with 3 miles of bike riding per day.

The changes are meant for those who aren't solely interested in strength. A.k.a 90% of the people who just got into weightlifting.

Adding in accessories won't negatively affect strength gains drastically, lowering squat days was only recommended if a person was creeping up on t-rex mode, and GOMAD is retarded in general.

If you only care about strength then sure, stick to the actual routine designed for football athletes but there's a reason so many retards bitch on here about SS turning them into t-rexes.

Actually YNDPT

>Cardio
YNDTP

>cardio
>before lifting at that

YNDTP

This.
Went from 140 lord skeleton to 185 normal human being in six months plus made a lot of strenght gains. Now I'm doing PPL to aesthetics gains.
Didn't do GOMAD just eat big tho.

I've been doing it for 9 weeks
Squat 95lbs -> 275lbs
Press 65lbs -> 120lbs
Deadlift 135lbs -> 255lbs (grip strength needs work)
Bench Press 85lbs -> 190 lbs
Power Cleans (added 3 weeks ago) 95lbs -> 125lbs
I don't feel memed one bit

>145
>cardio
>it's like you don't even want to make it

Help an user out and tell me what I'm doing wrong? I'm lifting 4 out of 7 days. This is because of classes and workload. There's no way for me to lift more than four times a week. Should I do GOMAD? I've just been doing squats, bench, diddly and OHP mixed with planks, push-ups and chin ups.

You're supposed to lift 3 times per week on SS.

i do PPL. but I only used SS so i could learn how to squat, ohp, and bench

>SS
YNDTP

Can you share what your diet is/ your general exercising strategy?

Anyone been on the SS forum? That place is a fucking cult full of unaesthetic T rexs that deep down just want to look like Zyzz.

I'm at 145x3x5 bench after a year. Is natural lifting a meme?

SS is a meme because nobody actually does SS; which is why everybody e-stats here and those that give advice are generally dyel.

>lifting
YNDTP

/r/equesting that image of all of the different routines, organized by novice intermediate and advanced. it's like purple and greenish i think?

'mirin squats progress