Sup, Veeky Forums

Sup, Veeky Forums,

What the fuck is wrong with my ribs?

Should've done more sports growing up senpai.

They flare at the bottom quite a bit. It's not abnormal, it's just not aesthetic.

Sometimes that happens when the cartilage that makes up the lower ribs doesn't stop growing. You're going to need surgery probably within the next 5 years or so in order to correct that. Please see a doctor as soon as possible as conditions related to abnormal bone growth are best treated early.

Got exactly the same problem as you bro. I trained my chest as hell to see if their volume could disguise a little bit the openness of my ribs and it actually helped a bit.
I suspect that this was the case.

Have you got a picture of yourself?

Your rib cage is tilted posteriorly, strengthen your abs. I find heavy rack pulls above the knee to help with proper ab positions and zercher holds

>/

Is this your relaxed state? In my original image, I sucked in my belly so ribs are more noticeable.

In my relaxed state these flares are not that visible, however I'm on a cut right now and I'm afraid how it will end up.

you got no muscle son

If I really contract my stomach then it is more visible, almost like yours. I guess there is no safe way to modify your skeleton but if one adds muscle than the problem will be less visible.

I've got it, have been to doctors and chiropractors, the only fix is bone shaving surgery but the only downside is that it is unaesthetic, it's not medically bad in any way.
I just hate it because it makes my ribs hurt from lots of surfing.

Quit sucking in your gut faggot

were you fat as a child?
if so that explains it, your bones deform to hold all the fat and they stay that way after you stop growing
source: was fat

In my case no, I never was fat. But I have extremely poor posture and I guess that may have stunted the spine and pushed the ribs.

Lose more weight you fucking idiot. I swear no one fucking knows that you can store fat not only under the skin, but also around organs.

Flared ribs due to weak as fuck core muscles since you basically did fuck all during adolescence.

wtf this is a thing?

i thought people with rib cages like this are just called "barrel chested" and that its a good thing because it is indicative of a large frame

Increase your muscle tone in your abs

Barrel chest is a completely different thing. Look up the difference on google images.

It's too late now. You're pretty much fucked after puberty.

Fours possible causes:
>1. Excessive thoracic extension, usually as a compensation mechanism for anterior pelvic tilt.
>2. Weak rectus abdominis.
>3. Genetic imperfection
>4. Deformity acquired during childhood/teens, usually due to trouble breathing ie. asthma.
The first two you can fix by fixing posture and getting stronger. If it's the other two, sorry - surgery is your only bet.

Looks like you've inhaled some nerve gas

>4. Deformity acquired during childhood/teens, usually due to trouble breathing ie. asthma.
You have no idea what you are talking about.

You dont have abs, abs will replace your cave and make it flush with the ribs

I just love these assholes who out of the blue just post one sentence about how you are 110% wrong and leave it at that.

Asthma and other chronic respiratory diseases prevent normal respiration, a larger than normal portion of air stays trapped in the lungs causing the rib-cage to stay in extension - this in turn causes deformities. Asthma is the #1 comorbid finding of rib-cage deformities.

If you think it's option 1 OP, look up Chris duffin's videos on breathing