Give me one good reason why the deadlift isn't the best lift ever

Give me one good reason why the deadlift isn't the best lift ever.

Snap city

It's safe if you know what you're doing, but it takes a long time to properly learn. It easy to take a trip to snap city when you're a newbie.

It doesn't really work all those areas efficiently meaning you have to go back and rework them all specifically anyways. So its kind of a redundant time waster with a higher rate of injury than other lifts from an aesthetic goal pov.

Only good for bear mode
If you arent making it it's because of this gay excercise

Doesn't really get you jacked

There is no reason. It really is the best exercise

Because it's more likely to injure you than other lifts. Sure, if you do good form it won't but we're all humans and ego gets in the way sometimes. Most pros don't deadlift because of injury risk. Bodybuilding is a game of isolation and isolation brings longevity.

Doesn't make you look good. A good example is maxx chewning 600lb+ deadlift and looks like shit.

Yeah it's the best at building least muscle mass and best at giving injuries

Would the Power Clean be a better/more aesthetic substitute for the deadlift?

Isolation is better for aesthetics.

No but pretty goat for athletes trying to build fast twitch and whole body coordination

It is... but my arms are different lengths and I cannot do it without hurting my book. So I am doomed to hate it.

It make u shorter

Muh back*

What about the zyzz meme about all the ripped guys all doing "really heavy dead lifts"?

I was doing them for quit a while but it felt like I was always waiting for my lower back to snap. I have a curve in my spine so it was that much harder.

I also have a huge ass now and I'm not sure how to feel about it.

its better for looking cool and accomplishing absolutely nothing as far as lean body mass is concerned(except a little bit of traps)

>Ripped guys do heavy deadlifts
How was that even a meme? Zyzz couldn't even deadlift 455 with good form

theres some pasta where he is giving tips and he says that.

>unironically believing zyzzs irony.

Or maybe it was zyzz trying to make newbies waste time on deadlifts so they wouldn't catch up

They're horribly boring

You're post is horribly boring.

Seriously guys what's wrong with you, deadlift is the best lift.

No it's not lol. It's an incredibly taxing lift that isn't necessary for bodybuilding.

what would be a good replacement for the deadlift?????

squats provide most of what they provide, vice versa not true

useless for building mass

really, ask yourself why you do them. they are quite pointless.

hammer curls + lat pulldown
dont do deadlifts, dont be an unaesthetic cuck

Yah nah. I feel like zyzz was too Australian for such in depth villainy. It'd be more like
>oi m8 do deadlifts to get sexy bi ceps ow you think I gotm9? Squeezin toight at the top of the rep m8

The squat.

Deadlifts are for autists

True for back to replace ham aspect squat aka true king of lifts and some straight leg deads and maybe some nice single leg db deads.

>my arms are different lengths
This is easily and obviously solved by gripping more to the outside with the long hand. You have no excuses.

all aboard the SNATCH GRIP DEADLIFT TRAIN to ENORMOUS TRAPS CITY without the peril of visiting SNAP CITY

>already falling for it
Man I never think anybody is stupid enough to keep falling for these obvious memes and yet they still do

Back is far from amazing and I've only been training a year and a bit but the Deadlifts do nothing meme is ridiculous.

If you want most of the benefit without the CNS fatigue at least do rack pulls.

gtfo pussy

Why are there so many faggots that only ever train lats and completely neglect mid to lower traps?
It looks fucking disgusting.

Hamstring curls, lat pull down, good mornings, hip thrusters
Deadlifts are for plebs
Thank me later bub

[citation needed]
post pic

>post pic
neither a dyel or jacked guy would prove your point

>good mornings

You wanna talk about snapping some shit up there you go. Good idea, bad in practice. Also do weighted pullups

>lat pulldowns

lol

>not PR'ing good mornings every week
Injuries are for pussies

No exercise by itself would make you look good.

There's people who bench 400 who also look like shit

This is a meme thread

where are your glutes... where is your BUTT???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>tfw I don't know what to believe any more

>horribly boring
>only need to do 1x5

they take like 3 minutes including warmup sets

>he feel for the SS meme

well i mean, i started underweight for my height 2 and a half months ago, gained about 20lbs and went from 75lb squat to 160lbs.

OMG!!!
please fuck my pussy

What lifts do I do to surgically target that area? I feel like my genetics see just trash.

no thanks i have a gallon of milk to sacrifice and need to finish this episode of Slam Dunk.

high rows
shrugs rolling shoulders back
pulling a resistance band apart

>>only need to do 1x5
>imfuckingplying
They're boring because I actually train instead of deluding myself into thinking I only need to do 1x5 because muh injury, muh cns and muh overtraining

It really is the best, but you have to be careful not to ego lift and to sustain your increases incrementally.

>pic related is what kind of ticket you get to snap city if you ego lift

I increase my deadlift 15 lbs every time i do them with 1x5 though. what are you getting 30 lb increases deadlifting 3x10 over there?

>shrugs rolling shoulders back
Don't listen to the above retard, good way to injure yourself and not to target the mid traps.
Do shrugs with a grip that's a little narrower than your snatch grip and shrug your shoulders behind your neck, no need to roll them.

Take advantage of your noob gains and train Bulgarian method 6x3 instead of doing 1x5 once a week like a dyel

To add, row with your bench grip too, around a hand length apart from your deadlift grip.

>everything far from amazing

Sounds good bro

>shrug your shoulders behind your neck
How is that different to rolling, do I just start with them like the end if a face pull?

Set up is annoying. Quick trip to doctors if done incorrectly.

Who the fuck taught you this

It's a fact lol. If you isolate every portion of the muscle it's more effective and more safe.

You know that most pro bodybuilders don't deadlift. Right?

>more effective

>Do 4 exercises to replace 1.

Yeah nah, cunt.

It's basically a squat with less range of motion and restricted forward knee travel.

>disgusting roided bodies in diagrams
they even keep the roid gut. why?

how do you target those?

Clean and jerk exists

Because squats.

>He fell for the "SS is a meme" meme

>He fell for the "0He fell for the "SS is a meme" meme" meme

TOP KEK

>Making lots of progress
>Notice my traps are lacking
>Add deadlifts to my workout
>traps and forearms blew up
How can you not, there aren't compund lifts out there that work the grip strength and traps like deadlifts do

Tbh nothing feels more manly than checking yourself out while holding a fuckton of weight that you just lifted yourself. There is no cheating with deathgrips, just bad form. It's you vs the weight and the snap city ticket vendor

Farmers walks hit grip and traps much harder than deadlift do

>You all fell for the Veeky Forums meme

You had no idea that this entire board is just me and two other guys with proxybots paid to shitpost about fitness.

If you have proper form and good core/lower back strength deadlifts are perfectly safe.
I think squats are better as an overall exercise though but you should do both.

you can add more weight on deadlifts
>bedora fipped

I already found it fishy

Oh shit