>he couldn't bench more than 170lbs so he stopped
>waa bench doesn't grow my chest

kys ma boi

> he paid to join a gym

>he needs more than bench to build his chest

Getgud

wat

> he doesn't do Barbell flies for chest

Hol' up. Why is dumb bell easier on the shoulders? Is it always easier on the shoulders if yes? Do you still RETRACT THE FUCKING SCAPULA ? Flaring is still an issue?

sometimes things just dont' work for a good long time. I was stuck at 140lbs for six months because every time I added weight i'd get soemthing like impingement in my shoulder.

>he drinks water at the gym

In all seriousness, flat barbell bench is a meme exercise. Incline barbell, incline dumbbell, or flat dumbbell are all objectively better for hypertrophy.

And yes, I know how to retract muh scapula and use good form. I got to ~280 bench and my chest looked basically the same as it did when I benched 160. Once I switched to dumbbell work, my chest exploded desu.

If the only bench you do is flat barbell, your chest will max out at pic related.

Teach me your ways, habibi. Did you continue barbell ?

On chest day, I do
(increasing weight on each set)
Barbell Incline Bench 1x8, 1x5, 1x3, 1x1-2+
Flat Dumbbell press 1x20, 1x12, 1x5, 1xFailure
200 Pushups

Also forgot Incline Dumbbell Press 1x12 for 3 sets after the flat dumbbell press

exrx.net/Kinesiology/BenchPress.html

>The average load of the Dumbbell Bench Press is approximately 17% less than a barbell bench press and 14% less than a Smith Bench Press. Electrical activity in the Pectoralis Major and Anterior Deltoid did not differ during the lifts. However triceps activity was reduced using Dumbbells versus Barbell or Smith Machine. Biceps Brachii activity increased according to stability requirements (ie: Smith Machine < Barbell < Dumbbell) (Saeterbakken 2011)

>The Anterior Deltoid tended to increase in activity as the bench inclination increased (Glass 1997, Trebbs 2010).

Nice anecdote. Please do your research before claiming legitimate exercises (which will be best for most people, especially beginners) are just memes

>posting actual lifting advice on a meme board
kek, forget to take your sips today?

all you need for chest js flat barbel, incline dumbbell, and maybe some flies

You forgot to add gyno to the list

PS: feel under your nipple

how tall are you

judging by that chair and desk, probably 6'1 or 6'2

my man

BTFO.

i hate idiots that just started lifting and thinks they know everything
there is NO exercise that will explode your chest. NO exercise that will give an edgy bottom to your chest. yes you need to work your chest for it to grow but chest is all about weight. you can bench 3 plate but if you dont weight enough you will not have a chest.
you need to understand chest physics. your chest needs to grow outwards and when it is enough it will pull itself to bottom with gravity. and you need mass for that. mass means weight. again you can bench 3 plate but without mass your chest WONT look like a chest. it is not about exercise

those fucking traps

What did he mean by this?

But what you posted just says
>dumbbell matches barbell for chest
>dumbbell doesn't use the triceps as well as barbell does (which is why you need to reduce weight vs barbell)
>dumbbell uses the biceps brachii better than barbell

So if you want to work your chest do dumbbell, if you want to work your chest + triceps do barbell.

Unless you're saying that barbell is better just because it can move more weight, but you can't be that retarded right senpai

Flat barbell works chest as hard as dumbbells and get some triceps work in. Plus it's helpful when the shitty gym you go to only has dumbbells to 50kg so you are forced to use the barbell to progress further.

You are right, doesn't mean it's a useless exercise. Ever heard of muscle confusion?

>160lb
>huge traps
>mediocre shoulders
>everything else shit
>roiding for this

Your reading comprehension is pretty bad desu

3x12 100kg DB bench is pretty nutty anyway

>he uses

>5'9

>"my chest exploded when I switched to DB bro!"

Fuck off

i mean you cant expect to have big chest without gaining enough weight. if you are a skelly you cant have a thick solid tight chest no matter how you train

If you EVER get impingement your form is whack. It's not that it "just doesn't work".

>acting like EMG is a good measure for how good an exercise is for development

>>acting like anecdotal evidence from a board full of e-stating liars is a good measure for how good an exercise is for development

>he posted actual evidence

i'm kekking, the absolute madman!

Mfw when lanklet and at 163 lbs I look like a stick bug with skin

THIS
THIS
THIS

>he doesn't use cables to maximize chest gains and actually stretch and hit the peak of the titties

>Dumbbell Bench Press is approximately 17% less than a barbell bench press
In my experience and looking at people who post their DB/BB numbers, it's closer to being 25% lower.

The reason I prefer DB to BB bench is that it gives me much more ROM, doing flies and bench with DBs makes my chest look more striated. Could be a placebo effect, tough.

>no one says shit about fly's

Heheheheheh the secrets safe with me