Book Thread

What are you guys reading nowadays?

Reccomendations?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=u50HgccIqGA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Sonichu Comics

Philosophy for life and other dangerous ideas by Jules Evans. Really great book about various philosophies and how they can be applied in the contemporary world.

The upside of your dark side by Robert Diener and Todd Kashdan. A book to counteract some ideas about happiness being the ultimate pursuit and the merit of experiencing negative emotions.

The righteous mind by Jonathan Haidt. A psychology book about morality in the human brain and why some people seem overzealous in their political beliefs.

>Do something worth writing or write something worth doing

Despite his niggeritoy, props to him for the accomplishment.

>Philosophy for life and other dangerous ideas by Jules Evans

I'll add that one to the list.

Just finished stoner last night and started kafka - the trial this morning.

I recommend Stoner. Hits you in the feels and put stoicism into perspective for me.

>mosquitobuffet.jpg

Just finished Between the World and Me by Coates. Excellent book... Reads very quickly, and a free PDF is very easily googlable.

>What are you guys reading nowadays?

youtube.com/watch?v=u50HgccIqGA

Reading Suttree rn and finding it hard to get into. Need more books like Blood Meridian and the Border trilogy. Any suggestions friendos?

Here we are cultivating both mind AND body.

I'm re-reading the Meditations of Marcus Aurelius, finally got ahold of Gregory's translation. Way more readable than the penguin's edition, even if it loses a bit in poetry.

I just finished Steppenwolf by Hermann Hesse yesterday, trying to decide what on my backlog to go through next. Steppenwolf was amazing.

Just finished reading pic related. I'd highly recommend it.

Fukin win pic ty user

Hell yeah my favorite book. Action, politics, philosophy, ecology. Just dune my shit up senpai

Finished reading The Trial this Summer, it's a good read and very thought provoking

Any ideas on how to start reading non fiction ? The question may be stupid but I can never force myself to read non fiction books. I always drop them half way through.

I read fiction. Usually, fantasy of some kind. The only non fiction books I read are engineering textbooks for UNI and that was really mind shattering.

Reading Atlas Shrugged atm, finished The Fountainhead a week ago and really enjoyed it so I'm trying this. tried to read some Hemingway in between but I find him super fucking boring honestly...

Really liked the trilogy, end felt rushed compared to the time he took with everything else but still a good series.

only thing i can think of is making sure its a topic you have a real passion for or interest in

Mein Kampf.

He wrote three more out of the original trilogy, also amazing books. Dune series is my favorite fiction.

Reading Good Luck Yukikaze.
Not bad, a bit dated though.

Flavius Josephus' Antiquities of the jews. Wouldnt reccomend it, it's just literally the old testament in prose so far.

>Nigga Just Read The Old Testament Lmao

I'm trying to read it now, what's the books main point? The author goes off on these weird tangents I don't know where he stands

literally this much of a beta

kek yourself

>the kjv bible
started book of judges today, can't wait for the new testament

>the odissey
pretty fucking comfy, also nice motivation to lift

thoughts on the book of five rings?

Currently: On The Road (it's aight)
Before this: Heart of Darkness (beautiful prose)
Before that: Crime and Punishment (masterpiece)

>being a rabbi of the liquid jew
rip my gains

E-myth revisted

Great book about anyone who has a job and is thinking about becoming an entrepreneur.

Wall Street Journal

What's it about?

I've been studying a several books for a test Im doing next year.
I wanted to get a head start, but never realized how much of a meathead I am, cant read 10 pages without feeling mentally exhausted, planning on buying some ritalin, anyone tried this before?

I just started reading "the making of the atomic bomb" by Richard Rhodes as one of my first nonfiction books. I actually enjoy it a ton (I may be biased as a STEMsperg). But he goes into solid detail about key scientists, politics surrounding them, the philosophy and values of their time, and what not. Beatty Gud