Incline dumbell bench > flat barbell bench

Prove me wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-chest-and-triceps-exercises
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>aesthetics
>includes leg work

you'll never make it

You should be doing all of those or at least alternating them in and out of cycles you turbofaggot.

>front squat don't involve glutes and hamstrings as much as back squats, low bar in particular
>chinups+rows don't make up for the neglected posterior chain from not doing deadlifts
>incline dumbell bench doesn't have more upper pec activation but less mid and lower pec, so you end up getting a worse chest workout all around
WEW

sluthate.com

Fuck off

>Chinups + rows > Deadlifts

>not doing deadlines AND rows
>not doing different types of squats
>justifying being weak or looking like shit because you don't like certain lifts

I shiggy diggy

guys...
GREATER THAN!

only one I have issue with OP is the DL bit. I know you said aesthetics but no one is really thinking about aesthetics when they dl

No type of squat will build good hamstrings and all types of squat involve the glutes similarly.

Incline benching does have more upper pec activation.
Here's one EMG study that shows this:
t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-chest-and-triceps-exercises

>Front squats > back squats
wrong. oversized quads aren't better for aesthetics. your quads will get more than big enough from back squats
wrong. the deadlift is infinitely better for long term progress, and works much more muscle mass in general than chins+rows. plus there's absolutely no reason why these exercises should be mutually exclusive.
>Incline dumbell bench > flat barbell bench
wrong. the flat barbell bench is much better for long term progression and should be in your program no matter what, if nothing else because it will drive progress on the assistance exercises you use for hypertrophy specific training because those are pretty bad at driving progress on their own.

>EMG study
those are notoriously inaccurate and a great source of retarded conclusions about strength training.

EMG studies can be immensely helpful, if you know and understand their limitations.

In this case, I don't think that an EMG study comparing incline to flat bench presses at different weights leads to "retarded" conclusions.

Now, to answer OP.
If you find bigger thoracic spinal erectors aesthetic.

Different type of exercises that hit different muscles.
No point in just doing one.

Just shifts the focus a bit to front delts and upper pecs.
Do both, or don't, doesn't matter much.

>I don't want a firm, peachy, thicc, joocy, nice ass to show off in tite chinos

>I am fat and therefore self-conscious about my gyno and think flat bb bench will worsen my problem instead of giving me square, marble statue tier pecs chicks dig licking

>I don't want thicc, striated, rock hard, manly forearms to show off in shirts with rolled up sleeves

>but I claim to train for aesthetics

Kek
8/8 b8

Chin-ups and rows build fine forearms.

My 1rm on chinups is 135 kg and on deads it is 190 kg (hook overhand). Therefore, I attribute my forearm development more to DLs

The forearms just hold the bar on deadlifts, but they also flex the elbows on chinups and particularly pullups.

Really? Even then, it's a tie because in DLs they hold more weight.

Yeah, the brachioradialis (a big forearm muscle) gets used very intensively in pull-ups, through a big range of motion.

You hold 190kg with hook grip, but how much do you do with just double overhand, 150kg maybe?
Do you do more reps with deadlifts?

Anecdotally, I never feel my forearms worked much with deadlifts, but I often feel them on rows and chinups.

>Always using the same exercises while absolutely excluding any others

Honesty I can't see someone who has lifted for over a year thinking it's a good idea to stay with a single program with the same compounds and accessories forever.
If you want a well rounded physique as well as a continuous improvement in strength/athleticism (and these things go hand in hand), you're gonna have to implement all of these exercises into your routine in the long term.

literally
>confuse the body babe

>t-nation.com/training/inside-the-muscles-best-chest-and-triceps-exercises
>incline bench with 90lbs dumbells 128 units
>flat bench with 100lbs dumbells 122 units
Wow, those 5% difference in upper-pec activation sure are going to make a difference. Meanwhile activation for mid and lower pec is 39% and 33% lower.

Low bar squats give good booty gains, glutes for the sloots

Row and rack pulls above knee

Do reverse grip flat dumbbell bench

Difference is bigger with barbell.
Also, I only said that incline benching does have more upper pec activation.

>You hold 190kg with hook grip, but how much do you do with just double overhand, 150kg maybe?
Haven't tested but I can definitely do 130 kg 5x5 no hook overhand. Admittedly it can't be 190, but it's definitely above 150.
>Do you do more reps with deadlifts?
Identical rep schemes on both exercises 1x5 heavy one day of the week, 5x5 light another day
>I never feel my forearms worked much with deadlifts
Try a couple sets of RDLs (bar doesn't touch floor), no hook/mixed grip, heavy enough for 10-12 hard reps. Your forearms and erectors will get so pumped you will literally feel your skin stretching for a couple minutes.

I've done 160kg with hookgrip and 140kg without it, which gives a ratio of 88%.
Using that ratio would give you 165kg, which seems more reasonable?

Yeah, I have felt my forearms pretty nicely after doing highrep RDL's.
I keep my back straight, so I don't feel my erectors that much.

I still think that pullups have an edge here with the elbow flexion through a big range of motion.
But yeah, high rep RDLs will hit the forearms hard as well.

Hook grip does fuck-all for forearms

t. 475 DLer who switched to double overhand and struggles with 315

well not true

it is easier on the forearms but if you switch hands you're still getting some activation

>front squats

That's what I thought too, I'm just telling you my experience. I can hold on to 475 no problem hook grip, but I can barely get sets of 5 with 315 before it's falling out of my hands double overhand.

Your fault, I never said to neglect training them without hook
Also chalk