ITT Veeky Forums approved literature

Other urls found in this thread:

libgen.io/search.php?req=sun and steel&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

If you like that look into Epictetus and Seneca. Veeky Forums as fuck

It's even kinda gay in parts

>It's even kinda gay in parts

Well that's a plus

He said Veeky Forums
not /pol/

ftbp

>tfw squeezing tennis balls for mad forearm gains

dubs of truth. Great book.

I need the SUN AND STEEL pdf, someone?

These books are all great, but what book will make more more of a chad?

libgen.io/search.php?req=sun and steel&lg_topic=libgen&open=0&view=simple&res=25&phrase=1&column=def

Models by mark Mason
No more Mr. Nice guy by Robert Glover
The Game by Neil Strauss

havent read any of these but they say this is the way to chad mode

is robert greene for plebs, and in a bad way?

I think Book of Pook is a must-read for all young-men.

Daily reminder that if you think the stoics are deep or good philosophy you are VACUOUS and you should KYS

Come on guys

Read The Game and Models. Far from Chad-core.

Those are all pua shit. Books written by chads who know that they can make a pretty penny on selling betas the dilusion that they too can be alphas with ONE SIMPLE TRICK

This thread is about Veeky Forums tier literature, not "deep" or "good" philosophy. How about you go work on your reading comprehension, you maggot.

Literally says Veeky Forums approved, not Veeky Forums tier, ie books that get your approval. How about you go work on your reading comprehension, you maggot.

Wow, nice philosophical argument cunt

I can tell that your philosophical beliefs are so much more superior than everyone elses

>implying no simple thing can be deep

You sound like you could use a read of The Meditations®

I'm pretty sure you didn't even fucking read any of them.

And regardless of their """""" philosofical value""""""""", they are a lifetimes thoughts from outstanding men who lived more than a thousand years ago. That is fucking priceless you homo

Reading them is a better use of time for a great mind like yours than posting on the 'chins

Fuck you. I work at Chick Fil A and have developed my own philosophy which far supersedes anything some moralfag from 2000 years ago came up with. I think my 19 years on this planet, and 2 years experience making chicken sandwiches, has given me supreme philosophical insights.

The (later) stoicism that's been posted here was literally just the depressed response to a declining Roman Empire. It's withdrawal from the world and it only has historical value.

>
And regardless of their """""" philosofical value""""""""", they are a lifetimes thoughts from outstanding men who lived more than a thousand years ago. That is fucking priceless you homo

Rekt. Anyone who disagrees should kys yourself

Idiot. Learn your history. Stoicism flourished in early periods of the empire and near it's peak.

Same thing

That's why I put >(later), which is what people are posting. And earlier stoicism wasn't incredible. The only ancient philosophy worth giving much time to is Plato, Aristotle, and the theology of the Church Fathers for historical reasons. Plus, Kant btfod all prior metaphysics.

Underrated

Gotta make those mental gains.

Those philosophers you mentioned are all mental masturbaters. The stoics were concerned with living right, with an eye focused on their death.

Currently on this, any similar recommendations

>cringelord

>tips fedora
M'lady

I see a lot of people on this board struggle with meaning and direction in their lives, so I'd like to recommend a short book that really helped me. If you listen to the free ebook on Youtube you can get through it within a few hours, very short, but for anyone having a hard time in life I'd say look into this book.

"A minute later she asked me if I loved her. I told her it didn't mean anything but that I didn't think so. She looked sad."

I wish I could find more books I like. Usually only around 1/20 I can actually keep going with.

Last two I enjoyed were Starship Troopers and Forever War. Forever War was fucking incredible

Good read
Fun if you like fightan'

If pic related does not get you pumped up, idk what will

Storm of Steel is the logical next step

Pic related is a good read
Although after watching Fight club it seems that Donovan is really just larping as an homosexual Tyler Durden

You may or may not enjoy this. For what ever reason it gives me drive.

>Camus
C'mon faggot, at least post a good existentialist.

>implying that was implied

Not him but thanks, was looking for it too.

End your own life

Sun Also Rises is Hemingway's best, and if you don't know why, you're a turbopleb

This tbqh

>living right

>by having orgies with little dudes

fuck you, for whom the bell tolls for lyfe faget

I second this book, and the follow up, becoming a barbarian. That being said, for every good point Donovan makes, he makes at least one thats pretty god damned dumb. Its easy to pick out the good stuff though.

In Meditations by Marcus Aurelius:
>“Very little is needed to make a happy life; it is all within another little dude's butthole.”

What would you recommend then?

Camus was an absurdist philosopher you faggot. He hated existentialism with a brutal passion.

kysses :^)

>buy buss ticket
>decide to walk instead
>get hit by car
>fucking die

He died absurdist

>Implying Absurdism isn't still a form of existentialism

"Kierkegaard wasn't either" - faggots

This definetely

should be required reading for every man - "Catcher in the Rye" has nothing on this book.

In Japan samurais were allowed to test their sword on peasants. I wish i was a samurai

book of pook

>protag swole af
>fuckin primo bitches erry day

>He fell for the infinite jest meme

Moby Dick is very good, I'm not quite finished with it though, got 50 pages left.

>Catch-22
My fucking nigger. Its the absolute best there is. I fucking love me some absurd humor. Women will never understand this book.

This book is literally Veeky Forums

Such a meme book
Hurr durr I read pretence ousted sit I'm so clever

wat

>Women will never understand this book.
My mom recommended it to me, one of her (and now my) favourite books.

>mfw have based mommy

I like Models, because it's very basic
>how to not be a loser
>don't be needy
>you should workout and dress better
>here's how you talk to a woman you autist
>improve your life to attract bitches
>seriously, don't be needy

always cracked me up

Machiavelli - The Prince .... you want to be alpha, don't you?

Pic related would like to have a word with you.

>he fell for the he fell for the infinite jest meme

Models by Mark Manson

Book of Pook

The Book of Pook and Mill

Only this one.

MR. SMALL IS NOT Veeky Forums APPROVED

The Art of War is shit. It has a few noteworthy quotes and that's it

I tried to read it and it's boring as shit. He was a fucking neckbeard.

my favourite

>tfw you read so much fanfiction you can't stand OG Harry anymore

Honestly this, lifting for the future of my people helps. Plus the quote " Those who don't fight don't deserve to live" or something like that

Models is shit guys. It's basically DUDE DON'T BE CREEPY and DUDE JUST B URSELF!!
Not necessarily wrong, but quite shitty advice. Not to mention, the book teaches you how to get a gf more than how to get laid, which is a big problem.

>absurdist isn't a form of existentialism
That's some fucking b8 right there.

Iliad
Odyssey
Aeneid
Mishima
Plato (lots of boilusting)

not peasants. criminals were fair game, though