Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CPErsAKtl7o
youtu.be/xVYxKRXDT2I
youtube.com/watch?v=ZChXK2rdr9M
youtube.com/watch?v=yc9RugsCcQQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Okay Dino

>from a certain point of view

What are your personal best lifts in the big 3?

310kg squat
230kg bench
380kg deadlift

And your bodyweight?

That wasn't me, it was someone who copied my penis and pasted it in his/her/its namefield

Wow when putting in Sean's squat, bench and deadlift, I noticed that deadlifts don't train rhomboids

Do your rows, folks.

Oh that sucks.

Did you know that if you used a trip code that you could preserve your identity?

You should trip.

>tfw perfect symmetry

feels pretty good lads

tripcodes are for jerks

i just realized this guy doesnt have a penis

So you are not allowed to use help or equipment to equip knee sleeves, are you allowed to put them on wearing socks and pull the socks down after?

Great grammar

>it's the rhomboids meme again

Tbh if you want rhomboids you should do chinups/pullups instead.

>endorsing vertical over horizontal pulling
I agree with you on a lot of stuff trappy, but you're wrong on this one

Tfw esme was right again
m.youtube.com/watch?v=CPErsAKtl7o

I missed my workout today like a fucking retard forgot I'd rearranged my driving lesson to today like a retard and couldn't make it

should I lift tomorrow then do my friday session on saturday?

I think I might be able to get away with it I was meant to pr deadlifts and I really don't want to miss it

>I'd rearranged my driving lesson t
Enjoy your ban, child

I probably did.

sean I knew you were going to respond with this I just knew it

Main function of the rhomboids is downward rotation of the scapulae. Vertical pulling has downward rotation and retraction (both main functions) for the longest range of motion, while rows don't really involve rotation, merely retraction.
Which means vertical pulling is better for the rhomboids.

It's also better on a variety of other things, including range of motiion for the lats and elbow flexors.

Rows are superior on a few aspects, like more rear delt involvement in general and strengthening spinal erectors.

You can only grip and rip if you know your set up right. That's what a deload is good for.

thats because you're a child, enjoy your ban

>That's what a deload is good for.
no that isnt remotley the purpose for a deload, at all

Just lift, nerd.

>Not lifting AND studying

lmaoing @ your life

Then why didn't you lift?

Dont wanna get too big or bulky, would ruin the feminine appearance

>Not using a period of time with lower weight to nail down cues

I understand that as the weight gets heavy your experience with the weight changes. Deloads are good for working on set up though.

I have a question, when you start pulling at like RPE10 is it normal to feel your serratus?

>didn't

Newfag

Would you call somebody who chips rocks off a wall a miner? No?
Then why would anyone call you a weight lifter?

Would you call someone who sold their own home a real estate agent? No?
Then why would anyone call you a weight lifter?

Shitty b8 Tbh familia

Stay mad

Would you call a 90 year old grandma who drove to the store a nascar driver? No?
Then why would anyone call you a weightlifter?

Tbh women who actually try outlift you in just a few years
you didnt even lift

Would you call a man who wears dresses a girl? No?

Fuck deadlifts hardcore. Put 10kg on my squat, 5 on my bench, and NOTHING on deadlift again.

For some reason I can shoot it up to the knees, and then fail. This sucks.

You stalling past the knees? Don't forget to thrrrruuuuuuust

Tbh I've met women who have been training weightlifting seriously for a couple of years and was heavier than me and I still outlifted her (except in the snatch, funnily enough).

Men are talking.

thanks coach

I don't even get the chance to thrust. I slightly slow down at the knees and for some reason my body goes "ALERT, FUCK OFF, DROP IT".

>starting to get fat guy sweats
REEEEEE WHAT HAVE YOU PEOPLE DONE TO ME!

Yeah nah you're cucking yourself. Got any vids?

:^)

what? telling you to be as lean as you can be in the top of your weightclass?

sorry lad

Would you call a child shooting pucks into an empty net in the middle of a street a hockey player? No?

Upboat. And checked.

Do deadlifts from boxes from that height and paused deadlifts at your weak point.

Hammer the volume until your hip muscles get stronger.

What if my weak point is off the floor? And what if I literally fucked my back deadlifting to knees?

I'd do that, but there's only 3.5 weeks till nationals.

This is shit. I'm starting to hate deadlifts. My squat is literally only 5kg away from my deadlift.

You guys told me the only thing that mattered was a big total!

Deficit deadlifts and paused deadlifts, pausing right after the bar leaves the floor.

And don't train touch and go.

Be careful with your back though.

Well, you don't have a lot of time to improve it now, but you can improve it for the next meet.

Are you pulling sumo or conventional? How strong is your back and grip?

Ok. Calm down. What are you pulling at the moment? Are you making sure you are leaning back as it comes past the knee? It'll make the movement smoother and seem more inevitable as you thrust forward. Start pulling hard and try get out of your head. You need to get into the right frame of mind before you compete. You can do it.

Conventional. I get injured every time I do anything sumo.

Grip is good enough, I can hold 320kg for a few seconds.

Back I think is also pretty decent, I can do sets of 120kg rows, or t-bar rows.

230kg is max, I've done 245 to my knees though in an attempt before. Not really leaning back halfway, but there's no real chance to do so. Every time I get to deadlifting that heavy my mind just goes blank af.

I get that. Got to 4th rep yesterday and everything just fucking left me. Sounds like you're spooked.

I have a good friend who uses a bit of ammonia before heavy deads. You tried that before? Could be a good quick fix for on the day if you're having a mindset problem. Just keep standing up.

Even tried it today. No go. In june, I dropped my heaviest set. In September, I dropped my heaviest set, today, I dropped it.

Every fucking time.

How many black men have you let in

>230kg is max,
>I've done 245 to my knees though in an attempt before

lad
have you fucking tried going for smaller prs?
why the fuck have you went for 245kg when you have never got 235 or even 240

If it's happened over and over you're bound to feel like it's going to happen again.

Next time notice that it has slowed but stay completely focused on standing up. Just stay with it, maintain position, squeeze your glutes force your brace and fuck that bar. Get some metal in your ears as well.

Tried 235, 240, 245 at different times. All shoot up to the knees.

Bruh, the music is the least of my concern.

Breh literally just keep pulling. If stimulants aren't your issue, you, unironically, need to try harder.

Yeah this as well. Your body is not a PR machine when you tell it it a number and it picks it up.

Yup. I think I'm going to write down a list of things to focus on in 3.5 weeks. Literally tell myself to keep pulling whatever happens at Nats.

No seriously it will make you try harder. You are giving up the ghost. You are being clouded by the fear.

Fucking keep going. It's the same as when your bench slows down, you complete the rep by keeping moving. As soon as it slows you get everything you can to keep it going. You brace harder, you push harder YOU DONT FUCKING STOP.

Eddie Hall got his 500kg partly because thousands of people were yelling telling him to do it. Mindset is everything. You can do.

Don't expect to keep pulling right off the bat. Practise it. Grind EVERYTHING.

>giving up the ghost
Radiohead reference?

Okay Dino

>Tried 235, 240, 245 at different times
never lifted 235 and thought that instead of reattempting you would just jump over it to the point youve tried 15kg over max while still never hitting the 5kg more

are you not seeing how stupid this is, you will be at 260 soon with a 230 max wondering why you STILL fail at knees

next time do yourself a favour and start trying to pr at 232.5 and work from there
take whats there

>hanging with the gf getting in the way of training

Your "anime 2D waifu" isn't a girlfriend

im sorry joff

Invite your 2D waifu to trainu withu uu

If you're talking about music, I'm heavily into grindcore and death metal. I've got PR songs that work the shit out of me.

Yeah I'll stop being stupid come december. Hammering the pauze deadlifts a bit, and see what happens at nationals. Really wonder what my attempts should be.

b!G f@t v@g!n@

Yeah :)

You got the music, you got the gains, just test some reasonable PRs beforehand and make it a clean and beautiful set. Good luck.

well honestly if your 3rd attempt is more than 240, and i even think thats a bit high, im going to slap your shit son, and seeing as how youve never lifted more than 230 that should be the max for 2nd attempt if not lower

a total to build on is better than a 'likely going to fail this' pr imo

I'll see what happens. I don't really want to do the same as my last comp. Might make 235 my second attempt, if I make it, 240.

Let's get fucking comfy in here
youtu.be/xVYxKRXDT2I

If you're not gonna do the DLs from boxes for lack of box , you should incorporate RDLs and RDLs from the knees (1 from the floor + X from the knees up) or SLDL (I'm not the biggest fan of this one but it also works).

Basically, strengthen your hip extensors.

You'll do great. Make sure you post when you're competing.
Nn plg ily

Sleep tight puper

Hey Trappy what's your routine?

^-^

Give advice on plg xF :^)

youtube.com/watch?v=ZChXK2rdr9M
fAms...

Tfw need to drink 1.3 gallons of milk to hit calories

So I'm starting to get into powerlifting after like 5-6 months of a shitty bro split and just hit 2/3/4 the other day. What's a good total to aim for if I want to start competing? Bw is 170 btw

The one I train with? It's my own WL routine.
Basically I use myself as guinea pig to see what works when it comes to WL. I sometimes try different, weird stuff just to see if it sticks.

Not the best routine ofc, but I had to use something personalised for myself anyways because of being on test blockers.

It's based off of Takano's programs though.

>what's a good total to aim for?

The biggest one

> he weighs 340 lbs

>What's a good total to aim for if I want to start competing
whatever you are is fine. nobody at a comp is going to laugh at you being weak or anything like that.

>powerlifting general
>340 lbs
Checks out

Thanks mang

Did panzer get banned? Or just grounded by his parents?

>So I'm starting to get into powerlifting after like 5-6 months of a shitty bro split and just hit 2/3/4 the other day
>hit 2/3/4
>after like 5-6 months
>shitty bro split

The first one I think, I remember him posting something bannable

>squatting on a bro split

youtube.com/watch?v=yc9RugsCcQQ

poor gabe is fucked
lucky he had those chains set up Tbh