Are weightlifting shoes a meme?

Are weightlifting shoes a meme?

Not if you have limited ankle mobility
Waste of money if you're slav though

Not for people who wanna do wl or have shitty mobility

For pl/bb it is kinda useless (at least not worth the cost

Invest in them if you're going to get serious into powerlifting/olympic training, but for the average SS Veeky Forumszen a flat hard sole sneakers are totally fine.

They are a fucking meme. blablah muh mobility because I don't stretch. You don't need $200 shoes just to stand still lmao.

The only thing you ever need in shoes is a good sole.

How do I know if my ankle mobility is good enough?

You can squat ass to grass with good form and without balance struggles

remove shoes and record yourself squatting down barefoot as low as you can, then put something under your heels and squat again

i can hardly hit parallel without shoes but with 3 cm plate under my heel i can go ATG

if you have shit ankle mobility like me those shoes are amazing. you can even take them to cobbler and have your heel raised

No they're fucking amazing

I never though that so, but my mother in law bought me a pair as a gift and they're great. The kind I got have a soft sole that you sink into when you're lifting and it helps me keep my balance. Would totally recommend a good pair.

I get butt wink if I go parallel barefoot. Assuming the shoes will fix this? I've only just hit intermediate so I'm not exactly lifting heavy

They are great.

>t. Didn't read ss

Where it is explicitly stated that a decent pair of lifting shoes are the only piece of special equipment you ever really NEED to own in order to lift properly.

Yes, complete waste of money. $200 shoes won't help a 2 cent squat

Just got back from the gym and a 7/10 qt walks in, puts on romaleos, immediately starts doing seated curls

all gear is a meme

can you lift in vans? are they just like lifting in chucks? ive lifted in running shoes before and i didnt like it

they will help immensely, yes. I just got a pair of slavdidas powerlift 3.0s for only 62.99 USD on amazon a few weeks ago. Def worth it if you have a good wage and aren't a NEET.

Don't even consider Romaloes unless you're competing.

I have long ass legs, they help me squat deep. It depends on your ankles and legs

depends on the model of the shoe. skater style vans is a no go because they're designed to be loose on the foot. You want something you can strap or lace up pretty tight.

Buy them if you want to get into Olympic Lifting or powerlifting otherwise fuck off.

Just get a pair of flat shoes, i got $10 ones from Walmart lmao

Can I run in these or do I have to bring running shoes with me too?

Don't run in flat footed shoes
Don't lift in tennis/running shoes

>Don't lift in tennis/running shoes
tfw I was doing it wrong all along

>tfw lift barefoot in my garage with second hand Gold's Gym equipment

Don't lift anything in tennis/running shoes, or just don't do leg exercises/squats in them?

Do not do squat/dl for sure. You can bench and do other exercises fine i guess with running shoes, but they fuck up your balance

I do squats and DLs in running shoes all the time? What's wrong with them

They are soft and can cause instability. I personally enjoy deadlifting without shoes or in very flat shoes like converses. Ideally you want to have as little heel as possible and as much ground contact as possible to remain stable and firm.

For squats, it's best to either use squat shoes, thin shoes, or no shoes. Ideally, you'd like a hard heel that will not compress to create a hard, stable surface.

Nothing desu. The cushioning in them may cause some issue but i wouldnt stress it. Some just advise lifting in a shoe with a flat sole.

>My gym told me it was forbidden to do lifts without shoes (even if there are girls without shirts) and also to train with converse (because they aren't training shoes)

If it wasn't so cheap and I wasn't so poor I would have stopped going and started building a home gym, fuck

actually the fact that they are so soft can be dangerous if you squat more than lets say 3pl8 because you can lose balance more easily and get injured because of it.

Fuck wearing shoes, deads and squats are best performed with no shoes on at all

I do all my lifts in socks and I can't imagine needing shoes but if Klokov and shit use them there must be a reason

I never had one but I don't doubt that a pair of them could make it better.

gross fucking niggers

Bitch what do you think is cleaner, the fresh socks I put on 15 mins before I head to the gym. Or the shoes that I walk outside with

If held at gunpoint, would you rather lick my socks or the bottom of my shoes. Yeah, thought so

Classics are OK for Deadlift

>Grills with out shirts

Lifting shoes are in fact a meme

You wouldn't need a gun to make me lick your feet

>The best shoes for lifting

if you are trying to get into WL (clean and jerk, snatch) then they're essential

Skating in loose shoes.

Gtfo

Goddamn still mad that adidas canned the adistars. One of the sexiest wl shoes ever made. Now they go for absurd prices on hookgrip

time to switch to romas senpai, I probably will when my adipowers give out
you can still buy pp2 though

>those inward knees
mine hurt just from seeing that

They are wünderbar, bought the 80$ Adidas and they are awesome, feels so good and stable to squat.

But the modern shoes were not developed that far back then. You may not need them, but it's easier to perform a correct motion with them.

This, everyone that says they're a meme just haven't tried it. It's so incredibly much more stable, I love feeling like I'm glued to the floor.