Long term PPL

Anyone have long term success with PPL? What's the trick? I was told I'd stall after a few months. Four months in and I haven't stalled yet, but I'm definitely not progressing as quickly as when I just did upper/lower.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/w40csfqkueaeiak/DUP Program-1.xlsx?dl=0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Nigga use your own goddamned brain if it's working for you stick with it if it's not, change it.

Could you possibly be more foolish and less helpful?

>don't seek advice from others with experience
>just feel it out even though you have no long term experience with it
>arbitrarily "change it" if it's not "working for you"

How the fuck would I "change it"? What would I "change it" to? Do you not understand the purpose of advice?

You said its working longer than you were told it would and you're looking to change even when youre still making progress? And of course progress would be slower now than it was in the past if you've been committed and put weight on the bar.

I asked for advice and I'm getting autism.

welcome to Veeky Forums.org

Slam dunk.

"change it" as in switch to a different program. Like a fullbody compound routine or so. Alternating like that, you can make gains basically forever. Throw in occasional isolation/concentration exercises once you notice a muscle group doesn't look as swole as you'd like it to look.

spend two hours in the gym whenever you're there

Oh my god. I'm talking about adjusting the PPL routine. I'm asking for advice from anyone who has had long term success with PPL. Of fucking course if PPL didn't work I would change to a different program. I'm doing PPL because of the various advantages it has over other programs, but I'm considering the long term viability of PPL. How in the fuck is this so difficult to understand?

Imagine there's a thread and someone's asking about bench press. They're plateauing. They want to know how to break through. It would be utterly fucking retarded to reply "use your brain if you're not making progress then do something else haha fuck dude I mean come on." The point of the goddamn thread is to seek a way to work within a given exercise/routine to improve results via someone else's advice based on empirical evidence, i.e., experience.

How do you not get this? Can you dress yourself? Are you allowed to live alone or are you like a ward of the state and they let you have a computer so you can post on Veeky Forums?

you are talking to several different people, I'm not the original user who insulted you.

I don't see much point in changing the PPL routine, I would just switch to something different entirely for at least a while.

go back to upper and lower if you think you'll start progressing more quickly? also realize that if you're relatively new your progress is meant to slow down.

There's plenty of things you could do. Increase intensity, increase volume for basics. You could increase the intensity of lifts by reducing the amount of rest in between, or you could up the weight and rest.

You could up the volume, work out 4-5x/week instead of 3.

You could do a periodization of intensity. Where you go high intensity, middle intensity, low intensity, per each movement, or week. So Week 1: High intensity, Week 2: Middle Intensity, Week 3: Low intensity.

you could also change all your lifts to another for the same muscle groups.

You could do low weight workout per movement a few times a month, where you focus mainly on contraction of the muscles at peak and form.

Or you could overload muscles and instead of trying to rep out more than you actually can, you focus on eccentric contraction. Similar to negatives for pull-ups.

get your shit together man.

I know. The ratio is 12 replies to 9 posters.

Is this bait? I want to continue the PPL routine. I also want to not stall. "Go back to upper and lower" does not satisfy the first condition. That would be acceptable advice if the point of this thread were just "I'm doing PPL and I'm not progressing that quickly so what should I do?" I'm specifically asking about "the trick" to successfully doing PPL long term without stalling. It's right there up top. You can't miss it.

I mean this has to be bait. Jesus Christ.

And I'm not new. I've been lifting for over 10 years. I know plenty of shit, but I don't know how well PPL works in the long term. That's why I'm asking.

OK, see this is satisfactory advice. Thank you. "Get your shit together" is completely unnecessary, as that's exactly what I'm attempting to do, but thanks for the advice.

Ur retarded

Absolute madman

I get it, like I'm reacting really strongly to stupid advice, and it's probably funny, so you want me to continue. I would absolutely do the same thing. You have to do better than "ur retarded" though.

Also checked.

Can you tell us the progress you have made overall and on each program?

How about don't be a skinny retard and do some googling you filthy piece of shit

>OP is vague af
>Looking for "the trick"
>Demands empirical evidence

post what your routine is and we can work from there

nice autism

Well done.

>Oh my god. I'm talking about adjusting the PPL routine. I'm asking for advice from anyone who has had long term success with PPL. Of fucking course if PPL didn't work I would change to a different program. I'm doing PPL because of the various advantages it has over other programs, but I'm considering the long term viability of PPL. How in the fuck is this so difficult to understand?

dropbox.com/s/w40csfqkueaeiak/DUP Program-1.xlsx?dl=0

For me Push/Push Pull/Pull Lower/Lower and when in tired ill switch mid week.

For example.
Pu/pu Pl/pl lo/lo rest

Pu/pl pl/pu lo/lo rest