Why don't you run a 4 minute mile, Veeky Forums?

Why don't you run a 4 minute mile, Veeky Forums?

I don't care if you look like He-Man and can squat 800 lbs and deadlift a car, you're not in shape if your resting heart rate is 80 BPM and your arteries are clogged with cholesterol from all the eggs and beef with which you stuff your face.

Enjoy your early death, heartlets.

Other urls found in this thread:

alltime-athletics.com/m_mileok.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

As a woman I'd also run a 4 minute mile if that guy int the background was looking at me like that.

DAS RACISS!

I can do the hurdles pretty fast. Fuck doing long distance competitively though

>4 minute mile
>Hey Veeky Forums why aren't a world-level athlete pumped with EPO?

It's reasonable for anyone not fat to run 4:00:00.
A 5:30 mile is 1:37 per lap
I hope you can run a 5:30 mile.
From there:
A 5 minute mile is 1:25/ lap
A 4:30 mile is 1:12/ lap
Then obv. 4:00 is 1 min/ lap

Please. No one did it before the seventies.

>1954
>the 70's

Speaking of which how does one who's new to running decrease their mile time? I've been running about 2 and a half miles a day in about 20 minutes and I know its slow but I just started about a month or two ago and then I could barely even run a mile. Any advice would be appreciated

>GOTTA GO FAST!!!

fuuuuuaaak I can barely move my fingers my whole body is so packed with cholesterol from these eggs please send help

Work up to 50+ mile weeks and then start doing some speedwork 2x per week, like hill sprints or track intervals. But just getting your weekly milage up will make you much faster.

Literally just run more. It's not that fucking complicated. If you want to get better, run longer, run faster, or run more often.

No. There are 60 seconds, not 100 seconds, in a minute. A 4 minute mile is a 1 minute lap. Not realistic for most people, sorry. But most can get to a 6 minute mile.

the dietary cholesterol = blood cholesterol myth has been widely discredited. read a fucking book, man

I'd rather live 1 day as a swole bro than a lifetime as an auschwitz escapee

Confirmed for never having trained for a race.

4 minutes is elite for men and blowing away the world record for women. It's Olympian status. Anyone not fat, yea? What's your mile time user?

This reminds me of that awful fat bitch (Reagan?) claiming she ran a 3 minute mile. Anyone have that pic?

I can probably do it. Never tried though.
Haven't ran on a regular basis since the beginning of summer either.

For reference, the world record mile for men is only 17 seconds faster than a 4 minute mile.

4 minutes is elite high-schooler, and decent for college. Total scrub status post-collegiate.

180 bw
squat 500+
RHR 48
cant run for shit, only do sprint cardio

lmao

>only 17 seconds
You realize world record mile averages 16.1mph.
Good luck finding a normie treadmill that goes that fast, let alone staying on it for 3:43.

> Delusion and lack of knowledge, the post

I meant that to mean that a 4 minute mile is pretty fucking fast, as in the record is only 17 seconds shy of what cocksucking OP is saying everyone should be doing.

this is thread is bait. theres one of these every week where the time get smaller and smaller. a thread was posted before about a 60 minute 10 mile being the absolute minimum to call yourself not fat or some shit.

its the same thread over and over.

Ah fuck me, consider me baited then. I'm an infrequent lurker, I come along for a few days, remember there is little but shit posting and leave for a few weeks. Rinse and repeat. Must have missed this shit between my periods of absence

As a fag, i would run a 4min mile if i saw someone in those denim shorts. What is this the 90s?

>4-minute mile
>pic is of a woman
>the doped up woman who ran the world record mile for women still couldn't crack 4 minutes
>mfw

i wouldnt really call this bait either. baiting is getting someone to act outside of normal social bounds via trickery. for example, getting someone to scream at their xbox console for tbagging them in a game would be a loose example of baiting, or getting someone to post an angry wall of text.

but acting retarded and having people believe youre retarded isnt bait. it's just properly convincing people that you're retarded. saying a retarded statement and having someone say that say that this statement is retarded isnt bait.

Running 10km in 4 minutes sounds impossible

>running at 150 km/h sounds impossible

alltime-athletics.com/m_mileok.htm
For reference, there have been 4830 miles officially ran under 4 minutes. That's around the number of 100m's ran under 10"15.

Because I ETSed and I'm never running again unless my life depends on it, in which case I might break into a slow jog.

probably a 42a

we don't have miles in my country so idk what to do

If youre a bitch

Wait so what's your mile time?

The fastest kid in my state ran a 4:30 last year and is now at a D1 track program

Stop trolling. Thats pretty much impossible to do unless you're an Olympic athlete. Anywhere between 9-12 mins is pretty good for starting out.

Go to the gym, stop shitposting

Not to mention those 4830 runs are partially run by the same people

Fat fuck here!!! Help!!!

I been doing 50mins on treadmill, mainly 3-3.5 mile speed, on 7.5 incline for atleast 30mins of the 50. Soon after I hop on the stair master for 10-12 mins doing 40 levels of stairs.

Am I doing ight ?

Get Jogging

9 minutes was the minimum to pass on my high school PE test. The fastest kids ran a little over 6. I ran 7, and I'm not a runner.

I'd say a 5 minute mile is realistically obtainable for an adult who's not fat or a heartlet.

>its the same thread over and over.
WELCOME TO Veeky Forums FRIEND

If you're fat, no.
You can overwork yourself. You're obviously new to this so you need to take it slow. Doing a decent intense 30 min workout is more than enough to start dropping pounds.
> Good Diet drops fat
> Cardio burns fat
> Lean muscle helps burn fat