Got degenerative disk is that life altering

Got degenerative disk is that life altering

Bump

No idea. What I do know is that I need some explanation on that picture

Found it in a earlier thread I think on r9k or fit.

It's annoying but you get used to it.

I was told not to deadlift or squat again ever do you?

i have this, i can't squat or deadlift becasue it triggers the pain (at least for me, lumbar disk). Before i knew what is going on i was squatting had terrible back pains, and after i added more weight something snapped and i could barely move for 6 months

I have horrible back pain for 3 weeks it's became numb now but I was told never to do rows deadlift or squat again ever

this is what squats and deadlifts give you.

"do it with perfect form and there's no danger"
"they are the best exercises and they are safe"
"if you don't squat and deadlift you are not lifting"

bullshit

these are the WORST AND MOST DAMAGING EXERCISES EVER

they are just good for saving time. of course it's better to squat instead of doing leg press, lunges and shit. but then, do you value more your time or your PERMANENT DAMAGED SPINE?

don't squat and deadlift kids.

oh and don't row too, row are even worse.

Yeah... I wish I never fucking did tbqh not worth it at all.

How do you find out you have it?

Bench also destroys shoulders over time.
Running hurts knees over time.
Being alive makes us slowly age and die.

It seems everything is dangerous and shouldn't be done.

first of all you have to visit doctor or something, maybe he will find a way to make the pain go away quickly

>I was told never to do rows deadlift or squat again ever
i was told to never lift weights again at all and never do any manual labour. Im not squatting or deadlifting, im doing barbell rows but sometimes it gives me back pain, but most of the time i dont feel anything or i feel pain only while doing the exercise. Tried pendlay rows once but it triggered my back so it was the first and last time i did them. I don't do hyperextentions or anything like that becasue im scared that it might fuck my back once again.

I have the same thing the only workouts I don't do are deadlifts and squats.

When to a doctor showed me my mri results and says it's degenerative but Idk seems fishy to me

every exercise can injure something. better not train at all

Nice get. How old are you? My dad has degen disk and I'm worried that my skinny body doing squats and dealifts will make it worse for me

I'm glad I'm not the only one.. I found out it was due to something called lateral pelvic tilt and it caused my disc to herniated which my doc said is now degenerative

I'm super skinny and I am only 21 also joining army in 2 months for infantry or interior eletrican so I want my back to heal up before I go in.

no no no, faggot with degenerative disc here → i had this terrible pain like 2 times in my life way before lifting. Doctors said this is something develops in your body for genetic reasons. Certain things might aggrivate the pain but you can't develop "degenerative disc disorded" by doing lifts wrong. You can fuck up your back in other ways

Sounds worse than it is.
Basically you're going to be prone to slipping a disc at the age of 40+
Read the first article on google retard.

Going inf with a bad back? wtf...you know it's only going to get worse right

Here's your (you)

Well we lost our house and I don't have any money so I don't care about when it'll hurt its only 4 years

>I don't care about when it'll hurt
other soldiers won't care either when you will drop and won't be able to move while under fire

Good point I'll make a note thanks

Thanks

For real tho, it's nothing to be scared about. Just wear a belt if you think you might need it. It's just a case of avoiding soreness, rather than injury.
I'll wear a belt doing higher weight OHP, just because it can get a little sore the day after. You can control it without consequences with common sense.
I always film myself doing squats and diddies, just to make sure my form isn't off before I move to heavy weights. I never trust that I'll just get it perfect without trying.

I was told ddd never really goes away but I have just bought a belt and checking my form constantly while sitting walking and working out. I think it'll heal up over time but never will be 100%.

It never goes away, but it becomes asymptomatic. If you take steps to manage it, you'll be fine user.
I keep anti-inflammitories everywhere, just in case it flairs up or I twinge it. You can also curb how bad it gets by doing the right thing after you hurt it. No twisting or stretching for a few days after. Wait the inflammation out and you'll be recovered quickly enough.

Great its going smooth right now but my lower back is numb is that normal

You may have damaged some nerves in the injury that kicked it off.
Sensation goes back to normal after a few months. Avoid doing diddies and shit for a while man, if your proprioception isn't on point you can hurt yourself again.

It seems all my years of doing nothing but dwelling in the basement playing Runescape finally pays off.

Can't wait to walk with no back pain at 50.

Who /healthyback/ here?

That's what happens when you fall for le squat and deadlift meme

You'll have cvd at 50 anyway. We might ache, but you'll be on blood pressure meds and prediabetic

>Just wear a belt
belt does dog shit for that

it hurts becasue your disk is getting compressed while you have weight on your back or in your hands

this is not inflammation, pain is caused by nerves getting pinched while your disk gets compressed

Hmm I'm thinking of starting it again is old-school any good

That is exactly how my back got fucked up, I played way too much video games when I was younger, sitting down for days at an end.

You know what you get from that? Posterior or anterior pelvic tilt. Once I started lifting, this really hindered me from keeping good form

We aren't talking about herniated discs. If the disc matrix is sticking out from its usual position and compressing nerves it's herniated. If a disc is degenerating it is getting weaker and more prone to herniation. You shouldn't be lifting at all if your nerves hurt.

Nop.

3x fractured discs
2x degenerated discs

Anyone in a similar situation as me?

Had to have T12-L2 fixation (6 pins fixed on two supporting rods) because L1 disc burst(!) back in July after boat accident.

Was pretty dyel before and had mediocre lifts but I can do bodyweight stuff no probs. When I asked consultant recently if I could go back to the gym (was being vague, as I suspect he might have freaked out if I mentioned compounds) but advised me to wait until everything was healed, implying anything up to a year!

Pretty bummed out as you can imagine. Just want to get back on a Linear program then hop on to aesthetics!

This. Lifting won't harm your joints or back if you always have correct form, but that's close to impossible when you have multiple postural problems and weak joints from sitting down your whole life.

I'm fixing my hip tilt do you think it'll affect how my posture and overall back pain heals

Yes. Start HGH right now

>
>Yes. Start HGH right now
I just started lifting in July. What is that?

What is that?

NO it's not, stopping being a bitch!

"Degenerative Disk Disease" is a catch all term for any sort of disk problem.

I had herniated disk at 12mm L5 S1 and other at 8mm. Two epidural injections and lost about 25 pounds. I can still squat, jog and fuck your mom just fine.

I am mindful as it can get re-injected but there plenty of people worse off doing more.

Fucking this, everyone listen to this guy. I'm fixed my forward head and rolled shoulders and suddenly I can ohp and bench +30 pounds. Currently trying to fix the anterior tilt, it feels funny to walk with my hip flexors and glutes and abs engaging. Can't wait to eliminate the dull lower back ache squatting gives me.

but why do something that is way more likely to injure you? It's the same as saying "Why be fit when you can die crossing the street getting hit by a bus!"

Strengthening the muscles in and around your back your back will help. More muscular support = less spinal stress. Just don't be a dumbass, but work that shit out.