Is salt really that bad?

Is salt really that bad?

Do you avoid it?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fnkUj-kc1qk
viriculture.com/a-rehash-of-the-corroborative-evidence-against-modern-healthy-lifestyle-practices-part-4-cholesterol-and-salt/
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-jQ8OBXko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

no

No.

No.

No, it's good for you, and if you are a physically active person you need more salt.

why the fuck would i leave this out ?
I need it to be able to cook my chicken with just the pan and it being barely eatable.
FUCK YOU !!

I´m asking because whenever I go out with a nutritionist, they tell me not put salt on the food and how my blood pressure is going to get fucked up.

Just use less

Yeah maybe if you're a fat, sedentary slob in your forties. People who exert themselves physically, sweat and drink a lot of water NEED salt. My brother is studying to become a dietician and he eats 10g salt a day, and he's very healthy.

youtube.com/watch?v=fnkUj-kc1qk

If you want to understand why salt isn't bad, this post explains it well:

viriculture.com/a-rehash-of-the-corroborative-evidence-against-modern-healthy-lifestyle-practices-part-4-cholesterol-and-salt/

Is there a Veeky Forums guide to seasoning? I'm currently reworking my way back through the sticky and the sources that it links, but I can't remember ever seeing anything in there on the topic.

As for salt specifically, if memory serves you need it (micros) but that doesn't mean you should be adding it to your food - depending on what you eat, you could be getting more than enough of it already.

processed table salt isn't great, but it has iodine which you need.

If you buy sea salt that has other minerals you can be pretty liberal with it. your body will balance everything itself.

This isn't really true. It's slightly misleading too. The science is as spotty as the science that vilified fats 20 years ago and caused people to eat loads of sugar...

There are a lot of other factors when it comes to blood pressure besides salt. Stick to natural mineral salt instead of table salt.

Dietary sodium was thought to have a major effect on blood pressure, but more recent research suggests this is inly the case in people with already impared kidney function, mostly the elderly. Unless you go out of your way to eat an unthinkable ammount, it's a non-issue for a healthy young adult

I don't avoid it, but I've cut down on it since I found out I have high blood pressure. Also stepped up my cardio game.

Salt is literally the devil.

Not nutritionally but because it makes your face hold water like nobody's business.

we're at the stage now we're underdosed on salt, and the recommendation is now to start (intelligently) adding table salt back into meals.

doesnt all fish and meat have salt to some degree? i dont use salt to cook or ad salt to my food. and i think im ok.

Sounds like he'll make a good drop out.

You need salt as much as you need water. Not in a 1 to 1 ratio obviously, but without sufficient salt you cant retain water.

The problem with salt is that its put into so much processed food as a preservative and to make it taste better, so most people are eating too much salt. Chances are if you do most of your own cooking you are probably fine

depends on what you eat.

I wouldnt worry about adding it to your food, assuming you're doing the cooking and not using processed stuff with salt already in. If you are active and drink a lot of water, putting a dash of salt on your food is more than fine

Unless you're doing contest prep for a show, don't worry about it.

The studies on harm in young people's blood pressure is spotty as fuck, if not an outright falsehood.

Whatever you say, Salt Institute

do you have a shit heart? Then limit your salt

are you young, relatively active, and drink enough water? let salt flow

Don't you mean contest prep for tinder photos?

DEXA scanned at 7.8% bf. Want to bulk badly.

Going to just do my contest prep and take pics in the next couple weeks.

Beyond not eating salt, taking photos from a good angle, taking photos with good lighting, eating 5000 cal in carbs the day of shoot, and maximum pump is there anything I am forgetting?

Salt raises your blood pressure and destroys your arteries as well as your kidneys
youtube.com/watch?v=1Y-jQ8OBXko

>science that vilified fats 20 years ago and caused people to eat loads of sugar...
Today in "Things that never happened"...
And just so you know, reducing intake of saturated fat is still considered among the most important steps in ALL professional dietary guidelines anywhere on the planet.

>we're at the stage now we're underdosed on salt
No.

>but more recent research suggests this is inly the case in people with already impared kidney function, mostly the elderly
It's mostly genetic, not age- or kidney-related

i just use diet salt. it uses kaliumchloride instead of sodiumchloride. it really depends whether you like the taste of it though. i do, but i've heard some people say it tastes "wrong".

>salt is bad
>fat is bad
>saturated fat is the worst

>sugar is ok
>carbs are good
>healthy whole grains are very good
>carbs and sugar totally aren't the same thing - they are completely different!

good goy

thanks mom

>Anti-sugar anti-carb meme is promoted exclusively by Jews
>Still use le ironic "goy" meme while doing the Jew's bidding
good goy

whole grains ARE very good...

there is a reason it's called "sodium intake" you dumb faggot

>FUCK YOU !!

my sides

No, I usually add a tablespoon of salt to my oats.

this, kekd hard

Don't forget to paint yourself with that thing you know about. I don't know how it's called, but every bodybuilder that competes needs to be the same skin colour as everyone of his competitors or some shit like that. This post is useless and not worth reading bye

>whole grains ARE very good...
Why?

So if i cut down salt i can have Tom Brady face?
I want gaunt, lean face. I have chubby, fat face but lean body.

the "salt is bad for you" meme is propagated by people that never looked into the studies (same for the "MSG is going to kill you" meme, "all fats are bad for you," and etc).

salt in large volumes is bad for you IF you're sensitive to a high salt diet which would result in an increase in blood pressure (which carries with it other complications). not everyone has that sensitivity and not every person with a sensitivity will react the same.

" All types of grains are good sources of complex carbohydrates and some key vitamins and minerals. Grains are also naturally low in fat. All of this makes grains a healthy option. Better yet, they've been linked to a lower risk of heart disease, diabetes, certain cancers and other health problems."

Also they don't lose anything through processing like Enriched and Refined grains.

It's very easy to stay within 3 grams of salt per day. The issue is not the cardiovascular, but that it causes bloating and water retention.

Do what you want tho

my actual pre-workout is

half a teaspoon of salt
~1.5 g beta alanine
~2 g citrulline malate
~1 g l histidine
a couple of spoons of anger
water