Brain gains

What are some good supplements to take for brain gains?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise
psi.sagepub.com/content/17/3/103.abstract
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

ritalin

classical literature

sodoku, puzzles

poetry

Tipping that fedora pretty hard there neckbeard

The God Delusion x F

Books.

If you don't know a computer programming language I would try learning one. It will be both useful and make you smarter.

Also reading intelligent books. Reading lots of books is key, but you can't read shit like Harry Potter and expect to get smarter,

Alex Jones brain force

>appreciating literature, poetry and puzzle solving makes you fedoracore

Would you mind not perpetuating the fit meathead sterotype?

WHAT'S UP FREAK BITCHES. PICK UP YOUR ALPHA BRAIN FROM ONNIT.COM. THAT'S O-N-N-I-T, SAVE 15% USING PROMO CODE JRE!

Have you tried... the red pill?

modafinil

replying to it was the fedora test.

im sorry kiddo but you fell for it hook line and sinker.

get well soon

this

Omera 3, obviously.

Omega*

I took addium through college. Helped me retain shit that studied, faster. I took it for a solid 2 years. I don't anymore and I feel stupid more often than not but I still perform well at my job in my field of study.

Good stuff for concentration? Modafinil doesn't seem to work for me

a bullet to your head.

Armodafinil or Modafinil.

Pretty much the only drugs with actual scientific backing to call themselves "brain boosters".

search online for "Young and Freedman University Physics" start teaching yourself classical mechanics.

SQUARE SPACE.

IF YOU CAN DRAG AND DROP PICS IN A FOLDER YOU CAN USE IT. ITS THAT EASY. I BUILT MY WEBSITE WITH IT.

LEGAL ZOOM WEED UFC JOEY DIAZ

saturated fats

Noopept. Any of the racetams,
Ritalin, dexamphetamine

Why would you want a bigger brain, bigger muscles are more importanter

Thank you for tuning in with into the Jobe Rogman Sparagus

Daily reminder to take your Alpha Brain and ShroomTech Immune after your ShroomTech Sport that you would wash down with your hemp protein shake with HempForce Protein Powder and a shitload of kale along with a full clove of garlic which is not like whey and will not light your ass up although taste is funky thats okay because HempForce hemp protein Bars now too can be ordered online with onnit yes thats onnit "oh en en eye tee" which is web site hosted by hover dot com and can even be ordered through your Samsung Galaxy S3 phone which is carried by Ting because the service will not charge you for not using what you pay for because you can make money and not be an asshole but if you meet assholes good thing you were on onnit because your battleropes should be here any minute along with chimp face kettlebells which are not only cannonballs in the mail but have that chimp biting your dick off face for maximumumim functional strength beside the squat maces and rogan vests for maxinal deep tissue rub maps dot com.

Today guest into joey coco diaz we are back byron ragbone cue the mustard

Adderall
Math textbooks

>Also reading intelligent books. Reading lots of books is key, but you can't read shit like Harry Potter and expect to get smarter,
No kind of reading will make you smarter. Some might make you more knowledgeable, but that's not the same thing.

Here's something that would take you entire weeks of digging to find

Skip breakfast and don't eat until 4-5pm. Your brain is designed to boost its processing power after a 12 hours fast so you don't die of starvation and use the bonus intelligence to find food.

Another thing that took me a lot of time to actually realize - you aren't supposed to drink coffee after waking up because it impairs the above effect. However, drinking that coffee an hour or two before you eat, in the middle of the day, will multiply its effect. I actually feel like 10 IQ smarter when I do this and I automatically come up with ideas that I don't normally come up with

Also, eat 100g of dark chocolate every 2nd day.

You're welcome

this sounds total bullshit but i'll believe u

And let me guess you are totally europhic.

greg....

I've researched how to get smarter and improve your memory for 2 years now.

Basically what seems to work for memory is:
>Omega 3
>Caffeine
>Sleep
>Spaced repetition (anki)

If you want to go deeper you could try mnemonics. I could memorize 100 digits of pi using the method of loci.

Don't rely on drugs like ritalin, dex, adderall, modafinil, etc... You will rely on them and once your tolerance builds up you're in trouble.

Also quit weed and alcohol.

I haven't tried any nootropics.
Do they work?
I'm looking for something like Limitless.

Not that guy, but I used to drink a fuckton of coffee and I want to add to coffee to the

>You will rely on them and once your tolerance builds up you're in trouble.

list. Do NOT overdose on coffee, it multiplies your anxieties and might even reveal dormant anxieties, making them permanent even if you stop drinking it

Thanks for the tip.

Modafinil is considered a nootropic.
I used/use it for final exams and basically it lets me pump out 8 - 12 hours of solid study easily.

Finished a 3000 word essay in a few hours on it.

To add to repetition I'd recommend n-back training.

It's actually got a foundation in psychiatry, it has a lot of attention of it at the moment.

Much research is going on regarding its ability to 'boost' IQ and slow deterioration in Alzheimer patients.

I've spoken to a few MPHD's and they seem truly excited for the potential it holds.

I played around with it myself and I was VERY surprised at how big a difference it made in my ability to juggle many factors in my head at once.

What's amazing is when you first do it and you'll get like to dual 3-back and you'll be like .. wow I cannot possibly do this .. it's too much to memorize.

Then a week later you're blowing through it and getting up to like dual 6-back .. it's just like what the fuck happened here .. how is my brain now in a different gear.

I even got my parents to do it they still work 5 days a week in executive business positions (so they're still mentally active) and they had the exact same response.

>Your brain is designed to boost its processing power after a 12 hours fast so you don't die of starvation and use the bonus intelligence to find food.
The broscience has transcended all dimensions.

RaveAid and Hydroxycut

>le meem trash man reaction image

le narwhal bacons at midnight eh fellow redditor?

>bonus intelligence

sleep hygiene. cold shower. take spirulina for 3 months. meditation, get that gap between impulse and self control big enough to stop yourself from straying away from your task and enough awareness to monitor the quality of your attention.

Good thing all of those cause oxidative damage to your brain. A great way to accelerate the neurodegeneration process.

>Skip breakfast
>Your brain is designed to boost its processing power after a 12 hours fast

Uh huh mmhmm sure. Let's say you're not just making this up. You know why it's called "breakfast"? It's when you "break" your "fast" since yesterday. If you ate your dinner at 6pm, then have your breakfast as 6am, you've just done a 12 hour fast.

Ginkgo Biloba, Noopept

Interesting, considering racetrams are regularly prescribed to Parkinson patients to delay neurodegeneration.

But hey, I'm sure you know what you're talking about (lmfao).

dude you're such a fucking faggot holy shit. classical literature is gay and boring as fuck. there's a reason no one reads it. poetry is also gay and boring as fuck.

Can confirm, I've skipped breakfast every day since 7th grade and I have an IQ of 154

>shakespeare isn't interesting
Veeky Forumslets really are stupid lol!
Too many concussions from football in your childhood?

millenials generally dont have the attention span for reading prose because their brains are so constantly overly stimulated from the food and media they consume. technology is probably to blame.

Do you feel AMAZING after doing that?

That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard. Reading will make you measurably more intelligent.

Programming won't make people smarter.

Reading books won't make people smarter.
Either you're intelligent or you aren't. You're falling for the swimmers body illusion

Anime

I have a mentally demanding job and I like to do crossword/number/logic puzzles in my free time. I should read more often but most literature is boring as fuck to me.

gingko biloba but don't take that shit longer than a couple of years, as you can burn out on it.

>learning new languages
>history
>geography

>Reading books won't make people smarter
Yes, because neural connections fucking pop out of nowhere for no reason and you can live up to your intellectual potential without ever trying to use your brain or learn anything. Because that's how a brain do.

Interestingly, cardio.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neurobiological_effects_of_physical_exercise

I see no reason to try and convince a pleb otherwise. I guess have a good day doing whatever you do to convince yourself that you're more intelligent now than you were.

Or maybe read some books and explain neurons, since you're so keen on throwing words around to try and intimidate others into submitting to you.

>classical literature
"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."

-- Socrates

>"Employ your time in improving yourself by other men's writings, so that you shall gain easily what others have labored hard for."

-- Socrates

Dang.. That is a dope quote.

>If you don't know a computer programming language I would try learning one. It will be both useful and make you smarter.
Don't delude your self in your own pride user

>I've researched how to get smarter
You can't tho, much like height intelligence is genetic

>intelligent books
as apart from...stupid books i guess
do i make it take a test before to prove how smart it is before reading it or do i just assume?

>Skip breakfast and don't eat until 4-5pm. Your brain is designed to boost its processing power after a 12 hours fast so you don't die of starvation and use the bonus intelligence to find food.
>4 or 5 pm
>12 hour fast

If you go to sleep at 10 pm that's 18+ hours, not 12. Unless you can somehow eat while asleep.

Do whatever the fuck you like to do and think about that thing. When it's something that they like people have no problem remembering stuff. Don't force yourself into activities that you think will make you smart, just do the shit you are curious about.

Also like some user in the thread said, timed repitions and I would add visualizing stuff. Basically imagine a place that you can remember in details, like your flat, and mentally put something vaguely associated with what you want to remember in the corner of it, or on the nighstand or whatever. Also read the main point of "a mind for numbers", there are few more cool tricks in there.

Poor guy was too dumb to see you were trolling him, many keks.
He was right though, sort of, reading books and solving puzzles does 'strengthen' certain parts of your brain, so to speak. Of course, I don't think it'll make you more intelligent, it'll just make you seem more intelligent because you'll have a larger vocabulary, better memory etc.
Intelligence is such a hard thing to quantify anyway, muh IQ meme doesn't really cut it. Apparently I have an IQ of 137, and yet I'm about as smart as a sack of hammers, I'm just good at regurgitating information I've gathered from things like say, books.

Just solve sudoku and other puzzles lmao

self help books

>I actually feel like 10 IQ smarter when I do this
how does 70 IQ feel compared to 60?

This is what two-digit IQ looks like.

imma make a wallpaper out of that, thanks

am i stupid or is he saying that reading what someone wrote is bad?

minmaxing irl

If english isnt your first language, you're stupid

Anything with speed in it. Also on a serious note L-tyrosine and 5-HTP, Omega 3's help too but it's mostly a meme.

>mfw anybody is allowed to post here
>even this guy

Not sure if b8, but I'll bite. He's basically saying 'read and learn from others' experiences'.

>there's a reason no one reads it

I'd advise things like doing math problems or some other brain gymnastic shit. But I assume you want something that can be consumed. Get some pain relief medicine with muscle relaxant effect and carry it around you all the time.

>bonus intelligence

If classical literature and poetry made someone smart, we would have people with humanities degrees splitting the atom.

No, it won't. It will make you measurably more knowledgeable, but reading cannot increase your intelligence, because intelligence above a certain age is pretty much static.

>reading books and solving puzzles does 'strengthen' certain parts of your brain
If that were the case, brain-training games should increase cognitive function of the elderly, but it doesn't really do that. Brain-training games train the brain to do the specific task better, but there's little evidence to support a link between brain-training and overall improved function.
psi.sagepub.com/content/17/3/103.abstract

Dont do drugs, including alcohol. Sleep well and eat healthy from childbirth to early 30s.

Nootropics

Racetams fucking work but goddamn that shift can fucking you up if you take it regularly. Which is a problem because that's how they work best.

Aniracetam and pramiracetam worked best in my experience. Had a breakdown though and my brain hasn't been the same since.

Chew the head off a fish every day of the week

care to elaborate on this "breakdown" user

c-can you post it here desu

and manga

and GAYMING!!!!

this op

Does anyone have a good tip for increasing cognitive function and energy?