Started lifting a month ago on a greyskull lp variant and reached my peak

>fail
>deload by 10%
>work back up again
>fail again
>repeat

will i eventually break through this?

Other urls found in this thread:

boxlifemagazine.com/how-much-time-should-you-take-between-sets-understanding-atp/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

maybe, depends why you're stalling. average guys will typically progress up to a mid 200s squat even if they do major mistakes. average guys who do everything right will typically get a low 300s squat before progress stops.

I"m just starting out and am skinny as fuck (5'10" 120 lbs), my bench is around 90 lbs, my squat is at best 115, my deadlift also being 115, and my overhead, which is my weakest keeps going back and both between 55 and 65. i only go 3 days a week so i know it's not an issue with rest and my routine is praised in the site so it can't be that either (phrak's + Veeky Forums's vriant)

i think im just to small and weak now so i should just wait it out?

bump

have you considered eating food

Do you have a good diet? Are you eating enough?

Eat more.

GOMAD

i eat 4 scrambeled eggs and a side of cottage for breakfast and i try to eat an entire box of hamburger helper (w/ ground beef) for dinner since it's easy carbs and protein. i know it's high in sodium but im a poorfag. im an ectomoroph so i really have to force it down but i have been gaining weight slowly but surely. i havent figured out what would make a goood lunch but im trying to hit 3000 calories a day,

are you deloading on one fail or two? i have had a lot of fails and the next time i went in i made it. also switched mine so if i get 5 reps out of any of my sets i consider it good enough to not be a fail.

also eat more.

4 eggs, cottage cheese
hamburger helper and ground beef

thats like 1500calories if that.

GOMAD

one box has 5 servings which amounts to a total of ~2000 calories

i do 2 sets of 5, and one more set of how ever many i can do. if i fail to meet at least 5 reps on any two sets than i deload by 10% for the next workout.

wait to fail two workouts in a row on the same lifft before you deload.

meaning retry the same weight a second time on a different day.

are you failing on first set? if not then you aren't resting enough between them. if you can do the first set you can generally do all 3 of them if you rest long enough

that sounds good. i'll progress slower but that also sounds safer.

Murder yourself

i hear it's best to wait 45-120 seconds but i get impatient and wait 20-30 seconds.

first my first lifts i alternate between bench press and ohp like in pic related. idk why it's like that but i just do it. is there any benefit to it?

you will progress faster because you won't be deloading as much.

don't do every weight twice. keep adding weight every work out. if you fail retry the same weight a second time. thats it.

Recount your calories you're clearly not eating as much as you think you are. Aim for 3000 a day. Count each meal so you know for sure.

oh ok ty for clarifying

I'm doing SS now. I've been drinking 1/2 gallon of milk a day.

Fuck mate, you're lifting for strength. Have discipline and rest a MINIMUM of 1 minute, up to 2 minutes and eventually when you push heavy weight, 3. 30sec rests are for muscle exhaustion, bodybuilder shit.

3-5 min is enough for novice lifters. once you get into intermediate range 5-8 becomes normal. after that it's not uncommon to see 8-10 min rests between sets.

like i said, if you can do the first set you can do all 3 of them if you rest enough. try increasing rest time and see where it takes you.

read this: boxlifemagazine.com/how-much-time-should-you-take-between-sets-understanding-atp/

there is no point in alternating between two exercises of the same type (pushing in your example of bench/ohp). it would make sense to do push/pull and even then you need to rest at least 3 min between them.

Is it normal to stall on squats? I'm still squatting 210 lbs but I feel like I'll stall very soon. Usually people only stall on bench press / ohp. I feel very weak.

if you alternate between bench and ohp on your workout days that's fine, however if you do both on the same day and alternate between them during sets then that's pointless and you should just focus on finishing one first before heading to the other.

i probably misunderstood you though

>deloads immediately
Functional over-reaching, read up about it on the Essentials of Strength Training and Conditioning manual (disregard any and all other internet sources)

>120 lbs
I had to double check it twice in the lbs - kg converter. Do you really weight 54 kg?
How's life as a 12 years old crossdresser?

usually once you fail you'll be able to do it the next workout. could be many different reasons.

i wouldn't worry about it until you are stuck on it for more than a week.

also
>"started lifting a month ago"
>probably just downloaded some fittit program with no clue about what you're doing in the gym

Try GOMAD. Even HGOMAD is fine. You're way too skinny. I'm 4 inch shorter and weigh 175 lbs.

>hear it's best to wait 45-120 seconds but i get impatient and wait 20-30 seconds.

>resting 30 seconds or less on a strength programme
>wondering why you stall out.
mate, take a couple of minutes.

>im an ectomoroph

i should have clarified. i've just been running and doing dumbbell workouts for ~2 years but i started training for strength and size about a month ago after i got a gym membership.

im know what im doing but im sure i can learn more

>ywn bend a young girl over wearing one of these thongs and bust in her ass

Ive wasted my life

Eat more and drink lots of milk dude. Reach at least 15-20% body fat. There are no natural powerlifters who are

bump

nigga it's not just calories it's where the calories come from

if I get 2500 cal from fucking gummy bears and coke it won't help

count your macros

Eccentric isometrics and more volume!