What does Veeky Forums think of hanging leg raises?

what does Veeky Forums think of hanging leg raises?

i'm only able to do 2-3 pull-ups consistently and can only do 40 situps in a minute

seems like this is the perfect thing for me to before every meal to train up

good core/grip/forearm exercise

>seems like this is the perfect thing for me to before every meal to train up

???

>seems like this is the perfect thing for me to before every meal to train up

haha i just a pull up bar near my house so i firguered i'd make it part of my daily routine before leaving home

>guy with incorrect form is jacked as hell
>guy with correct form is a dyel manlet with a shitty hairline

Why is the guy in the incorrect pic swole outta control and the guy in the correct pic is a more or less regular dude with a shirt on?

>12:16:54
That perfectly timed hivemind

I'm imagining you doing leg raises in the doorframe of your kitchen now I hope you know that

nah its outside my house so i thought why not

If you can only do 2-3 pullups, you need to be doing negatives.

Good exercise. Its my first choice for core work.

I can't imagine it would help with pull ups much though, unless you fail because you literally cannot hold on anymore.

There's nothing wrong with bent leg raises. Bent legs will work the hamstrings more, while straight lab will work the quads and abs more

Do the hanging leg raises, but actually lift as well.

[citation needed]

I love them. I actually think they are harder than pull ups, but I do them like pic related. I pause at the bottom (2~3 seconds) and also try to at the top to avoid using any momentum. Most people who do them at my gym end up swinging wildly when they do them. Usually, I do 10 in one set.

like pic related?

i'll give that a shot, when should i go back to training normal pullups the normal way?

Ab wheel is the only core exercise I enjoy.

When you can do 10 pullups.

I do these too, but I don't really have the flexibility to go all the way to the top without bending my legs a shitload. Did you have to work up to that?

The extra range of motion is killer, literally doubles the intensity.

Negatives are for people who can't do 1 pull up.

3 is a good enough work set, just keep going at them. You'll just slow down progress if you switch to negatives.

>an exercise that doesnt invovle the hamstrings contracting, opposes a force or extends
>its a hamstring exercise
This is why you can never trust this board

Sure if you want to take 15 minutes to do your sets.

I think you should do the 3 pull ups and finish the set with negatives, let's say you're going for 8, you'd do 3 pull ups and 5 negatives

Oh thank god, so I have been doing them right

seems like this is the perfect thing for me to before every meal to train up

No, I didn't have to work up to it, but I can also touch my toes without stretching? I only ever do these at the end of a work out, so I'm pretty warmed up too. Do you stretch before you do these? That will probably help. These make me sweat like a motherfucker.

I can touch my toes without stretching first too. I also do them at the end of my workout.

I always try to keep my legs locked while I'm doing them. How much do you bend them?

Left could be a bent leg raise. It's not in any way incorrect.

Try Barbell Rollouts

>doing chinups after a grueling bench workout
>feel them in my front delts
why

what is the purpose of drawing the bar different in this diagram?

There is no way that your front delts are doing anything

they contract as an antagonist to control the movement, also possible he's feeling some strain at the bicep origin

The pictures were taken from two different sources

No,
the short head of the bicep gets longer while the long head gets shorter, which is what he is feeling.

i can't keep my legs straight. when i try my quads start activating really hard, almost cramp-like feeling, and i still can't get it to 90 degree angle. i also have really poor leg flexiblity, i can barely touch my toes even warmed up, and it's like 6 inches off when i'm not warmed up.

now what?

But the A delts job eccentrically is to slow shoulder extension. its not not doing anything

? they both flex the forearm

In order to stop your body from tilting backwards when you raise your legs you have to use your front delts. Its a similar motion to a front raise

hahahahaha idiot